Tough Love

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho asked Eunji to stay with him for now so they can talk about their future plans. Their friends can’t help but to congratulate them nonstop for two different reasons, one for their baby and another for their engagement.

Kwonho and his girlfriend immediately left the park and went to Suho’s restaurant as soon as Jongin told them about the good news.

“Congratulations, Suho hyung.. Eunji.” Kwonho hugged both Suho and Eunji.

“Otokke… congratulations.. I’m so happy.”  Kwonho’s girlfriend Eunji.

“Thank you.” Eunji and Suho said.

“I knew it.. it’s made in Jeju.” Kwonho said.

Suho and Eunji chuckled.

“Suho hyung, I’m really happy for you and Eunji….really.. congratulations.” Jongin said.

“Thank you.”

While everyone was busy congratulating Suho and Eunji, Taemin was busy looking at Naeun who is still busy talking to Krystal and Jinri. He remembered that she looked pissed when they left his working place.

He can’t help but to wonder.

They bid goodbye to each other and everyone went to their respective car. Jinri told Naeun that she will be late because she and Minho planned to drink Soju at a Pojangmacha.

Taemin opened his car and Naeun immediately got inside without a word.

What is this? A silent treatment? He thought.

Naeun slept the whole time she was inside Taemin’s car until they reach the apartment building.

“Oppa, you don’t need to take me inside the building. I know you’re tired. We’re both tired… Anyway.. thanks for the ride.” She said. As she was about to get off Taemin held her shoulder.

“Naeun-ah.”

“What?”

“Are we ok?” He suddenly asked.

Naeun paused for a second and looks at him.

“Of course. Why?”

“I just want to confirm.”

“We’re ok. We’re fine. See you tomorrow.”

Naeun didn’t even look behind to see Taemin, she immediately went to the elevator but she keeps sighing. She thought about how she acted when they were in the club. She was pissed but felt sorry for him at the same time.

As the elevator was about to close, suddenly some guy controls it.

“Wait!”

It was Myungsoo.

He was shocked for a second to see that it was Naeun. He stepped backward and looks away.

“Ah.. I’m sorry. you go first.” He said.

“No.. it’s fine. You can get in.” She said.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I don’t own this building for me to have a special ride in this elevator. So get in.”

“Thanks.”

She was expressionless while talking to him. Myungsoo kept on glancing at her. Adoring her beauty again.

When they reached the floor, Myungsoo suddenly speak to her.

“Ah.. Naeun-sshi..”

“Hm?”

“Thank you. I wish that…we can’t be awkward to each other… I mean, we live on the same floor and you’re my next door neighbour..so..”

“I know. Yeah.. there’s nothing wrong with that. Of course.” She said.

“Thanks.” He smiled.

When Naeun was about to open their apartment, he called her again.

“Ah.. Naeun-sshi..”

“Hm?”

“I just found to Jinki hyung that…you’re a kindergarten teacher.”

“Yeah.. why?”

“I need to capture children’s pictures…. as well as their teacher for my new project…I’m really embarrassed to ask other schools…that’s why.. I’m asking you.. if..” Myungsoo noticed Naeun’s facial expression. She looks like she was thinking deeply.

 “Ahmmm….If you’re not ok with it then—”

“It’s ok, as long as we’ll be in the school grounds.” Naeun suddenly said.

“….thank you.. so I’ll see you next week? Anyway I don’t know the name of the school.”

“It’s Shining Star Kindergarten.”

“Ok. Thanks again.” He smiled and waved his hands.

 

>< 

 

Like what they talked about, Myungsoo visited Shining Star Kindergarten. Naeun welcomed him and brought him to her class.

“Children, please greet our visitor.” Naeun said.

“Annyeong haseyo.” The children stood up and bowed to him.

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Kim Myungsoo. I’m a photographer. ‘” Myungsoon smiled at them and he bowed.

“Photographer?” Yoogeun said.

“I like pictures!” the little girl said.

“I saw him when I went to the gallery.”

“I want to be a photographer!”

“Kids, he’s here to take pictures so please behave and smile, ok?” Naeun said.

“No, It will be stolen shots. Just continue what you’re doing with them while I’m taking pictures.” Myungsoo said.

“O..k.. kids, let’s start learning origami so get your colourful paper but cut it in square-shape first, ok?”

“DEEE.”

Myungsoo took lots of pictures while Naeun was busy teaching her students. He captured precious moments of them while learning origami. He took a lot of smiling pictures of the kids as well as Naeun’s.

Every time his eye looks at his lens, Naeun’s face was always glowing. He took many pictures of her. Eyes-focused. Lips-focused. Her laugh. Her smile. Her playful face. Everything.

“Thank you songsaengnim, but I still need to take more pictures.. I mean like physical education time.. or events?” Myungsoo said after he finished taking pictures.

“You can visit the other sections. I will tell them.”

“Ah.. yeah.. Thank you.”

“No big deal.”

Myungsoo waved his hand to her and he left.

 

>< 

 

On his rest day, Taemin planned to visit Naeun in her apartment since he was always in deep thoughts about what just happened the last time she visited him. And there are many things he needs to ask.

He pushed the doorbell and Naeun immediately opened the door.

“Are Jinri and Eunji there?” He asked.

“No, Jinri went to the embassy. Eunji unnie is still staying at Suho oppa’s apartment.”

“Fantastic. Let’s talk.” Taemin immediately entered and she closed the door.

Taemin didn’t sit and was just standing in the living area. His hands are both on his waist he kept on biting his lips. Naeun was just looking at him and she crossed her arms.

“What do you want to talk about?” She asked.

“You know that we need to talk about something. You’ve been acting strange lately. It started when you went to visit me last time. Tell me…are you jealous of my co-worker? Do you hate her?” He said.

“I don’t hate her; it’s just that my attitude has some major issues with her personality. As in.. MAJOR.”

Taemin sighed.

“Naeun, Minah is just like that.”

“Humans aren’t like that. You know the way she acted in front me? Is like as if I’m just your friend not your girlfriend. And you…. are you blind or what?! Can’t you see how she treats you? Or maybe you like being treated like that, that’s why you don’t complain. You just continue to smile, showing up your precious cheekbones!” Naeun was so quick while saying it. Like she was so pissed of something.

Taemin pressed his lips and looks at her with serious eyes.

“You know, I should be the one to feel irritated. I saw you and that guy rode the elevator last time when I followed you. I saw that he hesitated to go on a ride with you, but what did you do? You even offered.” Taemin widened his eyes.

“What do you want me to do?! You want us to give way every time we meet in the elevator?! Like he’s going first before me? Or I’ll go first before him? Or maybe I should just take the staircase, just so that we can’t see each other, is that what you want?!”

“Yes!” Taemin quickly said.

“Can’t you even understand the situation here?” Naeun brushed her hair using her fingers and turns around.

Both of them paused for a second and Taemin attacks again.

“You know what I just found recently?! Jinki hyung told me that photographer went to your school. Am I not that important for you to agree to his ing project.” He said. Naeun quickly turned to face him and respon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter