family dinner

The scary dragon loves me?

The next day, you tried the sneak out of Kris’s office, because you would like to go to your family without Kris. But it failed, because you and Kris were in the same office after all. Without any choice you and Kris were on the way to your house.  Kris stopped the car before an expensive wine shop.

 

“I’ll be back soon” Kris said before he stepped out of his car.

 

*Should I sneak away now?* you thought, but you gave up to the idea. *Kris knows the address after all. He will drive to my home to search for me.*

 

After a while, Kris came back with a shopping bag and he drove to your home. Once you arrived, you stepped out of the car and you opened the door without looking at Kris. You hugged your parents and your brother immediately when you saw them. You really missed them.

 

“Oh, Kris you came also.” Your dad said when he saw Kris.

 

“I’m sorry that I visit so late. I should visit you when Jia moved in with us.” Kris said

 

“We know you are busy, but I am glad to see you today.” Your dad said.

 

“What are you looking at?” Your mom asked Henry, because he kept looking outside.

 

“Baby girl, where is Lay?” Henry asked.

 

“Lay is busy. He wouldn’t  come today.” You said and Henry sighed in disappointment.

 

“I really miss your and Lay’s cooking. I bought the ingredients that you and Lay need.” Henry said while he dragged you in the kitchen.

 

*Why Jia need to cook?* Kris thought and he looked confusedly at your dad.

 

“Our family has a traditional. Every family member cooks one dish for the family dinner.” Your dad said

 

“Oh, I am sorry. I didn’t know. I didn’t prepare anything, but I brought some wine for you” Kris awkwardly said and he gave the shopping bag with the wine to your dad.

 

“Never mind, I am already very happy that you came.” Your dad said.

 

After one hour, the dishes were ready and everyone sat at the table. You cooked soya chicken, your dad cooked steamed fish, your mom cooked ma po tofu and Henry cooked the vegetable and soup.

 

“I really miss Lay’s Crisp Sesame Duck.” Henry said.

 

“Lay taught me how to make it. I will make it for you next time.” You said.

 

“Really? I really love you, baby girl.” Henry face lighted up and he gave you flying kisses.

 

Everyone laughed and started to eat dinner. Kris was really quiet, but you just ignored it.

 

After dinner, you and Henry did the dishes. Kris would like to help you and Henry, because he felt sorry that he didn’t cook a dish for the family dinner.

 

“Kris, you don’t have to. You are the guest.” Your mom said.

 

“Come with us to the living room and talk with us.” Your dad said and they walked to the living room.

 

You were doing the dishes in the kitchen when Henry spoke.

 

“Are you happy living with Kris?” Henry asked

 

“Yes, why are you asking me this?” you asked back

 

“I can feel you and Kris are awkward. You are happier and relaxer if you are with Lay.” Henry said

 

“I admit I am closer to Lay than with Kris, but it doesn’t mean I am not happy living with Kris.” You said and Henry sighed.

 

“If there is something, you will be the first person that will know.” You said

 

“I hope you will keep your promise, my baby girl” Henry said and he placed his hand on your shoulder.

 

You and Henry sat in the living room to talk with your parents after you and Henry were done with the dishes

 

Around 11 PM, Kris drove you back to the mansion. Kris didn’t spoke a word to you after he knew you brought Lay to the family dinner. You even let Lay cooked a dish for the family dinner like a real family member of you.

 

You and Kris walked in the room and Kris sat on your couch. You ignored Kris and you went to the bathroom. You walked out of the bathroom and you saw Kris was still sitting on your couch.

 

“Why did you bring Lay to the family dinner?” Kris suddenly asked

 

“because Lay missed Chinese food and my parents would like to see who taught me so much in the company.” You innocently said.

 

“Why didn’t you told me about the traditional of your family dinner?” Kris asked.

 

You felt like you were being interrogate, but you still answered him.

 

“I didn’t know you could cook or not.” You answered.

 

“I can cook. I will cook for you tomorrow.” Kris said affirmative

 

“but….” You tried to say but you got cut off.

 

“No buts. I will cook tomorrow.” Kris said and he walked out of the room.

 

You followed him. Kris walked in the kitchen and he told the cook that he will cook tomorrow.

 

“What do I need to prepare for you, young master?” the cook said

 

“I will prepare everything myself. You can take a day off tomorrow” Kris said

 

“Thank you, young master.” The cook said

 

Kris called his secretary after he talked with the cook.

 

“I need to leave earlier tomorrow. Please resistance all the appointments after 5 PM.” Kris said through the phone.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Happy late Chinese New Year everyone. I know many of you has holiday, but I don't have it :( On Monday I have to start my internship also. So I will be very busy, but I will try to update regularly.