change

The scary dragon loves me?

Kris helped you with your luggage when you arrived at the mansion. You and Kris will be in the mansion alone until Sunday, because Kris parents were still in America.

 

You saw your dragon plushie on Kris’s bed  when you entered the room. You confusedly looked at Kris which just entered the room.

 

“I thought you don’t like the dragon plushie” you said

 

“The dragon plushie felt lonely when you were in Changsha” Kris said and he grabbed the dragon plushie and he gave it back to you.

 

*The dragon plushie felt lonely?* you thought

 

You went downstairs after you changed your clothes. Kris was already in the dinner room. Normally, you and Kris never ate dinner together when Kris parents didn’t eat at home. Kris will eat in the living room while you will eat in the dinner room.

 

You felt a bit weird that Kris was waiting in the dinner room. You thought it was a silent hit that he would like to eat in the dinner room today. So you grabbed your plat and you walked to the living room.

 

“Where are you going?” Kris asked

 

“I am going to eat in the living room.” You said

 

“Don’t you like eating with me?” Kris asked like a little boy

 

“No, it’s not like that.” You said and you sat down on the dinner table.

 

You walked to the bedroom with Kris followed you behind after you had finished eating. You searched for the present you brought for Kris through your luggage. You placed the present on Kris’s study table when you found it.

 

“I brought this for you. I hope you like it.” You said and Kris walked to his study table and he opened the present.

 

It was a collar brooch with the initial K and W. It was the same collection of the cuff links you brought Kris when you were in Shanghai.

 

“Thank you. Did you bought this for Lay also?” Kris asked

 

“uhmm… No, only for you.” You confusedly answered and Kris smiled

 

 *Why did he asked about Lay* you thought.

 

“I brought these cuff links also” You said and let Kris saw the cuff links with the initial M and F.

 

“It is for your dad’s birthday. They were not sold out in Changsha.” You said with a smile.

 

“He will really like it.” Kris said and he went to the closet to place his present

 

“I would like to eat out with you tomorrow” Kris suddenly said

 

*Why would Kris like to eat out with me* you thought and said “I can’t”

 

“Why?” Kris immediately asked

 

“I am going to eat with my family. A family dinner.” You said while you looked away, avoided Kris eyes.

 

“Oh, I will go with you.” Kris said without asking your permission that he can come to your family dinner or not.

 

Without a choice, you sat on your couch and you started working on your tasks. You are a little clumsy, because you had a lot of files and laptop.

 

“You can use my study table.” Kris said after he saw you. He grabbed the files from you and he placed it on his table.

 

Without any choice you sat down at his table and Kris sat down beside you.

 

*Didn’t he like me touching his things?* you thought and you keep looking down.

 

“Aren’t you going to start work?” Kris asked

 

You started with your tasks, but you felt someone kept looking at you. You turned your head and you saw Kris was looking at you.

 

“Kris?” you said

 

“Don’t you understand something?” Kris asked

 

“No, but why are you keep looking at me?” you asked

 

“I am not.” Kris answered

 

He grabbed a book from the bookshelf and he began to read.

 

“Can’t you sit beside me, please?” you asked carefully.

 

Kris sighed and he sat on your couch while read his book.

 

It is really hard for you to concentrate and you were finally done around 12 AM. You went to the bathroom to change in your pajama and to brush your tooth.

 

You walked out of the bathroom and you saw Kris was still on your couch.

 

“Kris?” you tried to get attention from Kris.

 

“Do you need something?” Kris asked

 

“I would like to sleep. Can you stand up please?” you friendly asked

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Of course.” Kris said and he stood up.

 

You walked to your couch and you put your pillow and blanket on the couch.

 

“Actually, you can sleep on my bed and…….. I will sleep on the couch” Kris suddenly said.

 

“No need, I am fine on the couch.” You said and you put the blanket over you.

 

Kris turned off the lights and he went to bed also.

 

*Why is Kris so kind to me? A scary dragon is scary, but a friendly dragon is scarier.* you thought.