The truth - part 4

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, April 11th

The couple was sitting on the couch, watching TV. Little monster Namjoon, full of energy like always, had turned the living room into a warfront between all his toys.
Tao went to sit beside his parents, being careful not to step on any of his brother's dolls ("action figures!") as he walked there.
"Sorry for not telling I wouldn't spend the night at home.", he said, even knowing there was no need for him to apologize. His parents didn't mind as long as he didn't leave the building.
The two men just nodded.
"There will be a match next week..."
They just nodded again.
"I have 11 boyfriends."
Once again, they just nodded. And then they noticed what was said.
"What?", Jinki asked.
"I have 11 boyfriends.", Tao repeated.
Jonghyun laughed.
"What are you saying, Tao?"
"The truth.", the boy said, serious.
Jinki counted on his head.
"The boys.", he said. "That's why you're always glued to them."
"Yes.", Tao said.
"I really wouldn't expect this from you.", Jonghyun said.
"Sorry...", Tao said. He hated the idea of failing with his parents.
"No, you don't have to apologize. Why should you?"
"Because it's weird and..."
"It's not.", Jinki said, interrupting him. "You're young, it's normal wanting to experiment. Even I had my own experience with polyamory when I was your age."
Tao's eyes grew big. 
"S-so... you're not against it?", he asked.
"Of course not! You are at the age to do crazy things, to have your adventures and to make your mistakes.", Jonghyun said. "If you want to do it, just do it."
Tao gave a small smile hearing those words. Their reaction was really better than what he thought it would be, but stil...
"What if... this works? I-I mean, what if we want this to last... like, forever?"
"If you want, just do it.", Jinki repeated what his husband said before.
"Would you still support me?"
"Of course, Tao! Always."

"You're kidding me, aren't you?", Mrs. Kim asked.
"I have never been so serious in my life, Mom.", Jongin said.
Mr. Kim hugged his wife, that was pale and seemed about to cry. He gave his son a disapproving glare.
"Why?", the woman asked.
"I love them. I can't control who I love.", Jongin replied.
"Where did I do wrong?"
"You didn-"
"All these years I did my best to educate you, to teach you about virtue and morals... All for nothing! To think my own son is living in sin..."
"I'm not living in sin, Mom!", Jongin protested.
"You got yourself involved in an ! How do you call this?"
A tear appeared on Mrs. Kim's face. Her husband hugged her tighter.
"Calm down..."
"Where did I do wrong, Jongin? Where did I fail?"
"You didn't, Mom", Jongin said, approaching her.
More tears fell on her cheeks, and she hid her face on her husband's shoulder. The boy lowered his head.
"Is it really this bad? Is loving them all so wrong?"
Jongin usually didn't care much about what other people thought or said about him, but this time it ws different. Seing his parents that disappointed made him for the first time think that maybe he had made a bad decision in his life.
But his feelings were something he couldn't control or change even if he wanted. He had tried before.
"Do you even need to ask?!", Mr. Kim said, in a hard tone Jongin hadn't heard in years.
"Do you think I chose this? Do you think I didn't spend many nights wondering why I couldn't be normal?", Jongin said, fighting the tears. He wouldn't cry, he was a man and men didn't cry.
"Why didn't you tell us before?", Mrs. Kim asked, feeling a new hope. "We could- we can help you to change!"
"But... I don't want to change, Mom. Not anymore.", the boy replied in a low voice. "I found out I don't need to be normal to be happy. I like how I am now."
"Jongin..."
"Is it really so wrong? You've always told me that this world needs more love."
"It's another..."
"No, it's the same thing. Or are you trying to say there's a right and a wrong way to love? Is my love a bad thing only because I feel it for more than one person? Because I feel it for boys? This is the only difference between my feeling and the one you have for each other."
The two adults didn't agree with Jongin's words. They wanted to say something to show their son how wrong he was.
But they couldn't find anything to say besides:
"You're wrong. This is abnormal."
"I know.", Jongin said, noticing they didn't have any other thing to say. "But I'm happy and I'm not harming anyone."
"Even so, you shouldn't do it.", Mr. Kim said.
"Even if I broke up with them...", even just thinking about it was already painful. "I don't think my feelings would change."
"You can always try.", Mrs. Kim said. "You are just confused. If you give your mind and your heart some time, you will see your true feelings."
"I know my true feelings."
"What you're calling feelings is probably just lust. Sin is calling you through body pleasures-"
"What are you talking about, Mom? I'm still , you know.", Jongin said.
"You... what?", Mrs. Kim asked, blinking.
"I'm still , and this will only change when I get married."
"But...", the woman was confused. "All those boys also...? You don't...?"
"Not all of them are... like me but they respect my choice. And there's much more to a relationship than just that, right?"
The couple let out a relieved sigh. The situation was still bad but at least their son's sin wasn't as bad as they first thought.
"If you don't do it before getting married and only do it with the one you get married to... I guess it's not that bad...", Mrs. Kim said.
"That's exactly what I will do.", Jongin said.
"Still, you should think more about this whole thing... This is all-"
"Weird, abnormal, wrong... And still, it's the most important thing to me. But if it makes you feel better, I will think more."
"One day you'll see we're right, son."
Jongin just nodded.
'One day, you'll see I'm not wrong...'

Sehun walked home from Junmyeon's place feeling really worried about his lovers and also guilty. It didn't matter what they said, he still couldn't not feel guilty about everything that was happening.
He wasn't worried about himself. Even if his parents didn't accept his relationship, they spent more time in business trips and such than at home.
The boy opened the door to his apartment and was surprised to see it wasn't empty.
"Sehun! Where were you?", asked Mrs. Oh, coming from the kitchen when she heard the door being opened. Her husband was at the living room. 
"Mom, Dad? Since when are you here?", Sehun asked back. 
"We arrived some hours ago.", his mother explained.
"Aah."
"I'm making lunch, son. What do you want to eat?"
"Anything is fine. I miss your food~", he said. His mother's food actually didn't taste very good, but he learned to like it.
The boy sat beside his father.
"Yo! Whassup, bro?", Mr. Oh said, trying to sound cool. Sehun laughed. "I missed you, Hun. How have you been?"
"I missed you too, Dad."
Sehun was happy. Despite being already used to be away from his parents most of the time, he still missed them a lot everytime. The boy decided not to ruin the moment with the revelation he had to make. 
As the three of them ate, he began panicking inside. He wasn't ready to tell them yet. It seemed so much easier when he thought his parents wouldn't be there that day...
But Sehun couldn't go back now. All his loved ones were doing the same thing, and it was his fault they were in that situation to begin with, so he had no right to be a coward.
"Mom, Dad", he called them. They turned their attention to him. "I'm dating someone. More than someone. Much more than someone. They could even be a soccer team. A male soccer team. I know what you're thinking but know that I really really love them all and we are all in love like in one of those Disney movies and we'll be together forever people liking it or not.", he said not even pausing to breath. His parents didn't even had the chance to ask if they heard it right.
"You what?", Mrs. Oh asked when he finally stopped. She actually heard every single word but her mind refused to believe he really said that.
"You're gay?", Mr. Oh asked. Sehun nodded.
"You're crazy.", Mrs. Oh said. "Not for the gay part, that kind of makes sense, but..."
"I can't love more than one person?"
"Yes! No, I mean... it's crazy!", she said, with a frustrated expression. "How does something like this even works? Do you think they would be okay with... sharing?"
"They are.", Sehun said.
"You're gay?!", Mr. Oh repeated, apparently not getting over this part.
"Hunnie, you think they are. This isn't how love works.", Mrs. Oh said, ignoring her husband.
"Are there rules for it now?"
"Yes! Love is something special. You can't give something special to anyone you met like this."
"You will let him be gay?!"
"I'm not-"
"You will put an end to it. Now."
Sehun sighed, deciding not to argue. 'As if I would ever do it...'

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: orz this took me ages to finish. I swear I started to write it a little after posting the last one, but this didn't want to be written. It'salsonotasgoodasIwished *sighs*

Sorry. I have cupcakes and Exo pictures, who wants them? xD

Well, now all their families know about their relationship. What will happen now?