The truth - part 1

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, April 11th

The 12 boys stayed up all night. They lost track of time. When the first rays of sun appeared on the sky, they felt it came too soon.
"We have to get ready to take the bus...", Minseok said in a slight sad tone.
"The time is coming...", Yixing sighed.
"I'm not ready yet...", Tao said.
"I don't think anyone is...", Yifan said.
"We will be okay...", Kyungsoo said. "I'm sure we will!"

Each of the boys returned to his home. The four college boys arrived early like they did every weekend. All of them felt the same anxiety.

After his family finished lunch, Minseok figured it would be the best time to tell them. After that, his mother would go review some papers from work and his stepfather would watch tv, and he and Minsung would have to go wash the dishes. Before any of them got up, he announced:
"Mom, Steve, Min. I have something really important to tell you."
The tone he used worried Mrs. Kim.
"What is it, son? Did something happen? Is everything alright?"
"Well, I can't say that nothing happened... But it's not something new, I just... didn't know how to tell this.", Minseok said, nervous. He couldn't bring himself to look at any at them in the eyes. "I-I'm... Well, I wanted to say was... It's that I'm...."
"What is it, Seok?", Steve asked. "Tell at once."
Minseok took a deep breath before saying:
"I-I'm... I'm gay."
Some seconds of silence followed that. They were first broken by Minsung:
"What???"
Then, Steve:
"I told you.", he said to Mrs. Kim.
She was the one that seemed more shocked.
"A-are you serious,son?"
"I would never joke about this.", he replied, in a low voice. "Sorry...", he added, almost in a whisper.
"Why are you apologizing?", the woman said, getting up and walking to her son. "There's nothing wrong with this.", she leaned and caressed his head, and then hugged him.
"Wait, does this mean my brother likes the same I do?!", Minsung said, still not believing. "You better not dare to look at my Exo, Min!"
Well, now it's time for the second bomb...
"Don't worry, I won't, Min.", he said, breaking the hug with his mother. "I-I already have my...boys..."
"Really?", Steve said, chuckling. "Which other celebrities we will have joining our family?"
"They're not celebrities....", Minseok barely could make his voice audible.
"Then who are you talking about, son?", Mrs. Kim asked.
"M-my... boyfriends..."
Silence again.
"Did... you just say boyfriendS?", Mrs. Kim asked.
"Yes...", the boy said, closing his eyes.
"What are you talking about, son?"
"... I-I'm dating someone... Actually...more than someone..."
"You're what? Kim Minseok, what are you...?"
Minseok hid his face between his hands.
"Ihaveelevenboyfriendsandwehavebeendatingformorethantwoyearsandweareveryhappy!"
No one said anything. Minseok slowly lowered his hands and saw everyone staring at him with weird expressions. He took a deep breath and repeated what he said, this timer slowly:
"I have eleven boyfriends. We have been dating for more than two years and we're very happy."
"For real?", Mrs. Kim asked, not believing what she just heard.
"Yes."
"What... how... why? Why didn't you tell me sooner? Who are them? Do they study, do they work? You better not be involved with delinquents! Do they treat you well?"
"Calm down, Mom. They..."
"Oh my God, what will you do if they try to do something against you? With so many, they could... They forced you to accept it, right? Is it blackmail? My son was forced to become the plaything of a gang and..."
"Mom! That's not..."
She didn't hear him. She just kept talking.
"I solve this.", Steve said.
"I will call the poli-", Mrs. Kim was interrupted by a surprise kiss from her husband. She even forgot for a second what was going on.
"Before calling the police, isn't it better to hear what your son has to say?", he said, after breaking the kiss. Mrs. Kim nodded.
"Sorry..."
"Don't worry, Mom, there's no need to call the police. No one forced me to anything, and they're not deliquents! They're all students, mostly good students."
"Really?"
"Yes. And you know them."
"Do I? Who are them?"

Luhan was helping his grandmother to clean the kitchen after they had lunch. She told him about her week, and asked him about his. After a while of calm silence, he decided to say:
"Grandma... you already know I like boys, right?"
She laughed a little.
"Of course I do! You are too girly to like girls!"
Luhan blushed. 
"I'm not girly..."
"Luhan, sweetie, please... you are a nineteen years old who watches Barbie movies."
"A straight guy can watch Barbie movies too!"
"But you are not straight, are you?"
"No..."
She patted his back. 
"You also figured...", he continued. "that the friends I bring over here aren't... just my friends, right?"
"Oh, yes.", she said, turning her attention to the dish she was washing again. "Don't understimate me just because I am an old lady, Lulu."
"I didn't understimate you, it's just... it was supposed to be a secret.", he said.
"You can't hide anything from me. Don't even try to do it."
Luhan chuckled.
"Yes, I know..."
"I know the world changed.", Mrs. Xi said, sighing. "Things are not the same as they were when I was your age. But it's not a bad thing. The old times sometimes- sorry for the word- .", she and her grandson laughed. "Don't worry, Luhan. The life is yours, the body is yours... All I can do is tell you to be carefull, to protect yourself and... and trust that everything will be alright. You know what you are doing better than I do."
"Thank you, Grandma.", he left what he was cleaning aside for a moment so he could hug her. "I want to introduce them properly to you, as my boyfriends."
"There's no need, Lulu."
"Of course there is! Our relationship may be 'modern', but we are all a little old fashioned guys. We... we will get married one day, Grandma. In a big ceremony with everything. So of course I need to introduce them all to my family. The earlier the better."
Mrs. Xi smiled.
"I would love to know all my future grandsons in law."

Saying that Yifan was nervous would be an understatement. He felt that his heart could break out of his ribs at any second, beating that fast. His hands were sweating crazily. He couldn't bring himself to look at his father's or mother's eyes, but could perfectly feel their gaze on him, as he stood in front of the couch the two were sitting on.
"What is the important thing you had to tell us?", Mr. Wu asked him.
Tell them already... it won't change if you tell now or tomorrow or next year, it will be equally bad..., the boy thought. Do this fast, like taking off a band aid...
He couldn't it. He opened his mouth, but words didn't come out.
"Is everything alright, son?", Mrs. Wu asked.
"I don't know how to say this...", he mumbled.
"There's no need for you to be nervous. You can tell us anything.", she assured him.
Lies.
"I don't know how to begin...", his voice was weak.
"Begin from the beginning.", his father said.
The beginning... which one?, he took a deep breath, remembering one his parents could remember.
"Three years ago... I went to a party. A girl called Hyuna's party."
"Oh, when you still went to parties, instead of wasting all your time with these losers that live here." Mrs. Wu said.
"You should do it again. These guys are all homos. They're a bad influence for you, son.", her husband added.
"...", Yifan couldn't find a proper reply for that.
"Well, what happened in that party? You didn't get that girl pregnant, did you?", his mother asked. Her tone was calm, almost as if it wouldn't be a big problem if that was the case. 
"No! I've never slept with a girl.", he said.
"You say it almost as if you're proud of this!", Mr. Wu said. "We already had this talk. A boy your age still ..."
"I'm not." Oh, screw it.
When he saw the look on his parents' faces, he almost regreted saying that. But the intention was letting they know, anyway.
"You just said you never slept with any girl."
"Yes, and I never will. I'm gay."
A deadly silence. The couple's gazes were piercing.
"What did you just say?", Mr. Wu asked in a menacing tone.
"I'm gay. I'm homo. I like !", he almost shouted, the anger he kept inside all the years he had to hide his true self and hear his parents' ist and sometimes homophobic comments coming back all at once.
That earned him a hard slap on the face.
"Never repeat that again."
"Why? It's the true.", Yifan said, putting a hand on his hurt cheek. But what hurt the most wasn't the slap, was the now confirmed fact that his parents would never accept him.
"It's not! I didn't raise a son to become this kind of freak!"
"If this was your intention, Dad, then you failed! I am this kind of freak! I am gay and my "loser homo friends" are my boyfriends!"
"Not another word or-"
"Or what? Even if I shut up, it won't change the truth."
Another slap.
"Nothing you do will change it.", the boy said.
"You're not my son."
"Fine.", he said, and ran out of the apartment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi! Thank you for reading^^ I don't feel this chapter is good enough, sorry >.<

For what I have planned, only 3 more chapters of drama and then it's done (I can always change my mind though)