Half truths

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, February 4th

All that could be heard from the computer speakers were laughs. Four laughs that sounded so beautiful for the eight boys in the room, but in this situation were really making one of them feel uncomfortable.
"What is so funny??", Chanyeol asked.
"Sorry, Channie...", Baekhyun said, trying to control his laugh. "It's just... you... your mother...", he failed.
"You have to admit", Yifan, the most controled among the four, said. "That it's funny that you could acidentally reveal to your mother one eleventh of your love life like this."
"It's not.", Chanyeol was blushing.
"Well, think positively!", Minseok, recovering from the laugh attack, said. "You started. She already knows one of the boys you're 'interested' in. In two days, you should tell of other. Wait more two days, tell another, do this until she knows about everyone and end~ Sounds like a less traumatic way of coming out."
"Or, she will try to help me to 'decide'...", he sighed. "It wasn't supposed to be like this. I would prefer to tell everything at once."
"I think this could happen it doesn't matter how you tell her.", Jongin said. "I bet most will think it's only because we can't decide."
Junmyeon handed Chanyeol a phone.
"You can call her now and tell everything if you want."
"No way! She will freak out!"
"And that's also something that could happen it doesn't matter how- or when- you tell.", Luhan said.
"I know, I know...", Chanyeol said. "I'm just... not ready yet. I would prefer leave everything as it is - or was, before I opened my big mouth - for now."
"At least your mother knows you are gay.", Yixing said.
"Ah, she has always known. I'm sure that when she first saw me at the orphanage, she thought: 'I will adopt that boy. He is very gay'. I'm sure."
The boys laughed.
"I'm still worried about what she meant when she said she will help me though. I have a feeling she will do something embarassing.", Chanyeol added.
"She may try to make you spend some time alone with Soo.", Luhan said.
"Oh, that would be so horrible. I don't think I would be able to take it.", Kyungsoo joked.
"Hmm... Maybe this won't be bad after all"

~

"So, did something interesting happen there, college boys?", Jongdae asked.
Luhan seemed to hold a laugh when he heard it.
"What?"
"Min-"
"Good thing you asked, Dae. There's something very annoying that you need to know.", Minseok said, and he sounded not amused.
"What happened?", Sehun asked.
"Every single second we spend at the University, it doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing, there is always someone watching us.", Minseok said.
"What do you mean?"
"These two.", Minseok pointed to Yifan and Baekhyun. "They attract much attention. You have no idea. Like, there are already two fanclubs here. Baekhyun's is mainly male and Yifan's, female."
"You're exaggerating.", Yifan said.
"Quiet, you know I'm not."
"They were discussing this the whole day...", Luhan explained.
"It's understandable... Those two have many qualities.", Jongin said.
"It's annoying. I wish they just stopped it...", Minseok complained.
"Why don't you make it clear they are already taken?", Junmyeon suggested.
"Do you think this would make a difference?", Minseok asked.
"Of course it would!"
"Do this: make those two play any game.", Jongdae said. "Tell everyone the winner is your boyfriend, and the loser is dating someone younger or something like that."
"Wouldn't this be lying?", Luhan asked.
"Not really.It doesn't even matter who wins, as both of them are Min's boyfriends, and both of them are also dating younger boys. All true.", Junmyeon said.
"Wouldn't this be splitting? We agreed to never do it.", Yixing said. 
"Okay, so what if Min gives the winner the biggest and hottest kiss in the middle of the University?", Jongin suggested. "People would make their conclusions."
"I fear I could be killed by those crazy people if I do something like this.", Minseok said. "Also, what about the loser?"
"Luhan could go pay a visit at the University and give him a y prize kiss....", Chanyeol said. 
"I wouldn't mind losing this way.", Baekhyun and Yifan said at the same time.
Luhan rolled his eyes.
"This would definitely be splitting.", he said. "I vote Min kiss both."
"I would be killed twice!", Minseok exclamed. 
"I vote they kiss each other!", Kyungsoo said. "They would be the University's most popular couple."
"People will accuse me of getting in the way of the couple...", Minseok said. 
"All these suggestions are cool.", Baekhyun said. "But why don't we just say we are taken? No need to tell by who, or how many, or anything else."
"Yes, you can also do it the boring way...", Jongdae said. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi! This is part 1 of double update! Next chapter will be posted soon^^

I have no idea of why I wrote this, but I decided to publish anyway (after writing a better one to post the same day) Anyway, I hope you like it^^