The truth - part 3

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, April 11th

"This can't be true!", the woman exclamed. Her son tried to keep calm. He knew that it was the only way for him to have at least a hope to make her understand that situation.
"It is true, Mom.", he said in the calmest tone he could. His father was only watching, no reaction on his face. 
"No, Baek... You can't have agreed with this, this is craziness!"
"Mom..."
"Can't you see these guys are only wanting to use you?", the woman almost shouted. "They are taking advantage of you, and you fell right in their trick!"
"There's no trick, Mom. And you are wrong about them.", Baekhyun still tried to keep calm. It was hard with those accusations. 
"Are you blind, son?"
"No, I'm not. You know them since forever, how can you think this badly of them?"
"I thought I knew them. I thought they were good boys, good company for you... How wrong I was. If I knew the kind of people they really were, I would never had let them near you, son. I don't understand how you can still trust them!", Mrs. Byun's face was red. She seemed about to explode from anger.
"I trust them because I've known them my whole life. Because they've always been my best friends. Because I love them."
"You think you d-"
"I do, Mom. And nothing will change this."
"You're wrong, this is-"
"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 18 now. Please, stop acting like the whole world wants to eat me alive. I know how to take care of myself.", Baekhyun approached his mother, touching her shoulders and making her look directly at his eyes.
Mrs. Byun felt a slight pain in her heart. It was so hard to admit to herself her little baby wasn't a baby anymore. The years passed so fast. She felt her eyes getting teary.
"You... This, this is still craziness! You realize they are in a much bigger number, right? What if-"
"I trust them, Mom. Why do you have to be so negative? I have all eleven of them to protect me, isn't this great?"
"Baek, you are being so fool..."
Time for Plan B, the boy thought.
"I will stay with them with or without your approval, Mom."
"I won't let you out of this house.", the woman said.
"You know you can't do this forever.", Baekhyun replied, his tone still calm. If he lost his temper, he would lose this. "No matter what you do, I will find a way to escape and go back to them."
The woman didn't know what to say.
"I don't want to fight with you, Mom.", the boy said. "I know you only want what is best for me, I know you are only trying to protect me, and I truly appreciate it. But you are wrong about my relationship, and about my boyfriends.", he noticed his mother didn't like his choice of words. "You are wrong, and you can't change my feelings for them."
"You-"
"Leave him alone, honey.", for the first time in that day, Mr. Byun decided to say something. "He is already big enough to make his own life decisions."
"You too?!", Mrs. Byun couldn't believe that. She felt betrayed by her own husband.
"I'm also worried and I also think this is crazy, but, honey, he is already 18! We can't protect him from everything forever. He has to learn with his own mistakes and successes. Besides- for how long did you say this has lasted?"
"More than two years.", Baekhyun replied, a small smile forming in his lips. With his father's unexpected help, it would be so much easier.
"He has been doing this craziness for more than two years and nothing bad happened. Why would something happen now, only because we know it?"
Mrs. Byun thought for a while. 
"Alright, I won't interfere, but you will see I was right, Baek. You will regret not listening to your mother. Also, you are not going back to that house, or to college. I'm not letting you live alone with three of them."
"There are three of them there and eight here. Do you really think this is the best choice?", the boy said, unable to hide his happiness.

"Okay, family, please sit down. I have an important and surprising announcement to make.", Jongdae said, making his parents sit on the living room couch.
"Is it important for real or is it like that time you said that-"
"That was really important, Dad! But this time, it's even more."
"Tell already, son.", Mrs. Kim said.
"Okay...", Jongdae was feeling really nervous. He had no idea of how his family would react. He didn't know his parents' opinion on... "alternative" lifestyles. He couldn't say if they were open or closed minded. He could only expect for the best. "Well, I... like boys..."
At first, there was silence, the couple's faces almost as if they hadn't heard anything.
"Mom? Dad?"
"Say already your announcement.", Mr. Kim said.
"I said it.", Jongdae said. "I like boys."
"That's the surprising announcement?", Mrs. Kim asked, unbelieving. "I thought it would be surprising."
"I-it's not?!"
"Should it be?", Mr. Kim asked.
"Did you know it?! Since when?", Jongdae really didn't expect for that.
"Since a long time ago.", his father said. "You only hang out with guys."
"You have a diva personality.", his mother added.
"I don't!"
"You use those face creams that not even I know.", Mrs. Kim said. "And scream like a girl when you see a bug."
"It's not true! My screams are manly!", Jongdae was blushing.
"Face it, son. You are so gay.", Mr. Kim concluded.
"Even if we had any doubts, that time we caught you making out with Yixing here would be enough proof."
"You saw it?!", the poor boy just wanted to disappear. That was really embarassing.
"You and your boyfriends have no idea of how to be discrete.", his father said, like it was a perfectly normal and not a little bit embarassing thing.
"Wait, did you just say 'boyfriendS'?", Jongdae asked, not believing what he was hearing. 
"Don't even try to deny, Jongdae. You know you can't lie to us."
"H-how did you...:"
"We're your parents. And, as we said, you and those guys have no idea of how to be discrete.", Mrs. Kim said. "I don't know how isn't the whole neighboorhood knowing of this already."

Kyungsoo shyly interrupted his mother when she washed the dishes saying he needed to talk to her. The woman got a little worried because he wasn't acting like himself.
"What is it, Kyunggie?"
"I-it's something really important. Can we sit down?"
"Of course."
Mother and son walked to the living room and sat on the couch.
"Well...", the boy started. "Remember when you told me about you and Ms. Park? Now it's my turn."
The boy knew he didn't need to tell much more for her to know where that was going.
"You... like boys.", the woman said, an unreadable expression on her face.
"Yes..."
Ms. Do sighed.
"It's my fault. You never had a proper male role-model, you..."
"Mom. You're homoual too, you know this is not how it works."
She lowered her face.
"And I hate it when you insinuate you aren't a good mother.", the boy continued. "For a long time, you were my whole family, and I never felt anything was missing. You are the best mother in the world."
Kyungsoo hugged his mother. After a while, however, the boy remembered he still had another thing to say.
"I am... dating someone."
"And are you happy, son?"
"Yes, of course. But... you need to know that... that someone maybe is... more than someone..."
"What do you mean?"
"The boys I always introduce as my bestest best friends are actually my boyfriends."
The woman stared at him for a while, her mind slowly processing the information.
"Is... Is this how teenagers do things nowadays?", she asked.
"Actually, I don't know anyone else besides us who does that, but there must be others... I know this sounds a little crazy, a little weird, but... Believe me, this works for us, and very well. It's the only way it works, actually."
Ms. Do just kept looking at her son. Then, she finally said:
"You know, as your mother, I only wish the best for you. I only want you to be happy."
"I know."
"And happiness isn't the same for everyone. I took a long time to find mine, and it was in a way I would never have expected. I won't lie to you: this doesn't sound a little weird or a little crazy, it sounds a lot. But if you're happy, then I'm happy for you.", it was her turn to hug the boy.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Finally!! I'm so sorry for taking so long to update m(_ _)m Things happened and I lost my inspiration, but all I needed was to read the past chapters to remember how much I love this story.

Thank you for reading and for waiting^^ *gives cookies to everyone*