The truth - part 2

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, April 11th

The atmosphere in the house was tense after the boy slammed the door behind him. The couple kept looking blankly at it for some time, not believing what just happened.
Mrs. Wu was the first to move. She walked to the door.
"What are you doing?", her husband asked.
"I'm going after him, of course."
"Leave him."
"Listen here.", the woman said, angry. "I'm not going to lose my only son for a stupid reason like this. I can learn how to live with a freak son. But I can't - and I don't want - to live without a son."
"He will be back. He doesn't have how to live by himself. He will be back regretting everything he just said."
"If he's not back by tomorrow I will go after him and I will bring him back, no matter what you say!"

Junmyeon was resting on his couch, his head full of worries. I hope everything will be okay for all of them...
It was when he heard the knocks on the door. He got up to answer it.
"Yifan?", the older boy had his head low, a sad expression on his face. Instead of replying, he just hugged the shorter boy.
Junmyeon immediately understood what happened. He invited his boyfriend in and was still hugging him as they sat down. Yifan told him everything that happened. The younger boy didn't know what to say so he just stayed quiet, hugging the older one.
"I didn't want this to happen, Junmyeon... I love my family. I wanted them to accept me."
"I know... it's not over yet. Maybe we can still make them change their minds."
"It'll be hard... But I have to try, right? I don't want to lose them.", Yifan sighed.
"You can stay here for as long as you want. We will help you with everything you need.", Junmyeon assured him.
"Thank you.", he tightened the hug. "Now, tell me how was your day.", he asked, wanting to change the subject. 
"It was normal until now... Well, a little before you came I called my aunt and told her everything." Junmyeon wasn't really close to his aunt, but even so she was his closest family (besides his sister).
"What did she say?", Yifan asked.
"Well, it seems Jungmyung said something to her that made her suspicious, but now she is sure... She made it clear that she doesn't approve it, but there's nothing she can do. I don't depend on her for anything.", Junmyeon noticed Yifan's expression getting sad again. "Don't worry, she may be completely against it now, but I believe that after she thinks more, she will change her mind. Anyway, it's my life, not hers."
Yifan leaned his head on Junmyeon's shoulder.
"Do you think the others will be okay?", he asked.
"I hope they will."

The only moment Yixing could have all the family united to tell them the truth was right after lunch. This day were there the ones that lived with him - his parents, his father's mother and his mother's brother and father - and also another "uncle" whose real relation with the family he didn't know. He called the man "uncle", but he knew he wasn't neither his father's nor his mother's brother. 
Anyway, he didn't have much time to get courage to say what he had to say because soon everyone would direct their attentions to something else. He had only a few seconds to start speaking after he turned off the tv without saying anything. 
"Sorry. There's no easy way to tell what I am going to tell, so I-"
"Why did he turn off the tv?", he heard his grandmother "whisper" to someone. He was already losing them.
"Grandma, please! This is important!", he tried getting back her attention. He heard his "uncle" starting a parallel conversation with his father.
"Father, uncle, ple-", he was interrupted by his grandfather shouting something to his grandmother. It was too late. Before he knew, everyone was distracted by their own conversations, no one paying attention to him anymore.
"PLEASE, I REALLY NEED YOU TO HEAR ME!", he shouted, without thinking. He just wanted to finish that already.
Everyone at the table was surprised by his shout. Yixing was usually quiet and polite, even because he was the youngest of the family. The boy used that moment of silence in which everyone was too shocked to say anything to tell what he had to:
"I am gay and I have many boyfrien-"
"No, you're not!", his mother exclamed.
"What?"
"You are wrong! You are not gay!"
"Go to sleep and it will pass.", his grandfather said as if it was nothing.
"What?!"
"It's the puberty.", his uncle said. "Happens to everyone."
"Does even of you even know what gay means?", Yixing said, not believing what he was hearing. "I was born this way and I will die this way. It's not something that can be changed!"
"Are you sure, son? You don't look gay.", Mrs. Zhang said.
"Yes, I am sure. How should I look for you to believe me?"
"I don't know... You've always liked normal boys' stuff..."
"I am a normal boy. A normal boy that likes other boys.", he explained.
"Are you sure?", Mr. Zhang asked. "I've always thought you were flirting with that girl, Qi Yue...."
"Qi Yue? Last time I saw her I was 5, Dad. I didn't even know what flirting was..."
"Are you really, really sure?", his "uncle" asked.
"Want to talk with one of my boyfriends to know?", Yixing said, tired of that question. "I found out when I was 13, I had a lot of time to make sure it was true."
"Boyfriends?", his mother asked. "Will I want to know what you mean by this?"
"I mean exactly what it means."
Mrs. Zhang kept staring at him for some seconds, before sighing. The men of the family had it written in their faces they wanted to ask again if he was sure. Yixng's Grandma seemed to not be paying attention to anything.
"Be careful, son.", his mother said. "To not hurt yourself nor anyone else in this."
The boy gave a slight smile.
"Don't worry, this won't happen."
"Alright, if you say so...", she got up, and poked each of the men at the table, except for her son. "Come on, help me to clean this."
They obediently followed her, leaving Yixing and his grandmother alone at the table.
"Wow, that was easier than I thought...", the boy said to himself. His Grandma got up and walked to the center table of the living room. She took some money from inside a vase, and walked back to her grandson.
"I can't believe", she said, sighing. "That I will have to pay all of this", she showed him the money. "To our neighboor, Mrs. Xi. What kind of grandmother am I..."
"What? Why?"
"I lost a bet, Yixing. That Xi... she already knew all of this. I didn't believe and we made a bet."
Yixng was too shocked to say anything. His and Luhan's grandmother did what??
"Now, you have to help me win this back, Xing. I will make another bet, and you will help me to win."
"O-okay.", he managed to say. "What...?"
"You have to top her grandson."

"No, you hang up first.", Ms. Park giggled. "No no, you."
Chanyeol has seen his mother dating before. Many times, actually. He didn't how many girlfriends she has had, but he was sure it was a big number. But he had never ever seen her acting that way, like a teenager girl in love. Well, almost all of her past relationships ended badly, making her suffer a lot. So, it made him happy to see it was different this time. I hope Ms. Do is really the one for her.
I took a while for one of the two women hang up the phone. It's time..., he thought.
"Mom, can I talk to you?", he asked. 
"Of course! What's up, Channie?"
"You...", he took a deep breathe. "You wanted to know who the person I liked was, right, Mom?"
"Yeah... And you never wanted to talk about this..."
"I didn't feel ready to talk about this... But, you got it right. I like Kyungsoo, b-"
"I knew it!", she started making some incomprehensible sounds again, but stopped when she noticed her son's face. "I think he likes you too.", she said.
"Really?", he asked, a little surprised. It wasn't like "Really, he likes me too?", but more like "Really, you noticed it?".
"Yeah. You should tell him one of these days..."
Chanyeol smiled.
"But, there's something... He is... not the only one I like."
"Oh.", Ms. Park got a little worried. "Who else do you like, darling? Are you ready to tell me?"
"Yes, this time I want to tell you everything.", he said. "Well, who else I like... more than one person..."
"Tell me who they are, darling."
He raised his two hands showing his ten fingers.
"This... this is the amount of boys I like besides Kyungsoo...", he lowered his head.
"This many?", his mother asked, a little surprised. He nodded. "Your heart might be so confused..."
"Actually, it's not... I'm very sure of the feelings I have for each of them and... I know I love them all. I wouldn't be able to live without all of them."
Ms. Park got even more worried. The thing she wanted the most was her son's happiness, and what he was telling her sounded like it could hurt him a lot.
Chanyeol could read in his mother's face all that worry. 
"This might sound complicated... it was complicated, in the beginning, but now it's not anymore."
"What do you mean?"
"They also feel the same. For me and for each other. In the beginning it was a mess, but then... then we found out a way for everyone to be happy. Together."
"Wait, you're not saying that...?", Ms. Park eyes grew to the double of their size. 
"Yes. I am with them. All of them."
"W-wow...", the woman didn't know what to say. She never expect to hear something like that. "I think now I understand what my parents felt when I told them I liked girls...", she said with a low voice.
This scared Chanyeol. He never knew his grandparents, because his mother cut all the relations with them when she was only 15. He knew there was a big fight when she came out to them, and she ran away, with a 19 years old delinquent that was her first love adventure. Ms. Park never talked with her family again after that. 
The boy definitely didn't want the same thing to happen to him.
"It's not as weird as it seems....", he said. "Well, maybe a little, but..."
"Are you happy with this, Chanyeol?", she asked.
"Yes, I am."
"Don't you or any of them ever feel... jeaulous?"
"Of each other? Only sometimes. Few times. It happened more often before, when we started it."
Ms. Park thought for a while.
"I will be honest to you. I can't say I don't think this is a little... a little..."
"Weird.", Chanyeol completed her sentence.
"I didn't want to use this word but, yeah. A little weird. But, if you are happy with it, then I am happy with it too."
"Really? Thanks, Mom.", he hugged her.
"Why don't you tell me more? Who are them, how this works. I want to know everything. Maybe it will become less weird for me if I understand it."
"Okay.", the boy began telling her everything. She made a lot of questions, many of them embarassing. In the end, he noticed she seemed a little more comfortable with the situation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hiii!!! Thank you for reading^^

I wanted to update this earlier, but my internet isn't helping >.<