Separated

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, February 1st

Luhan was looking at the window, but not really paying attention to the view. Baekhyun was beside him, sleeping, with his head resting on the older boy's shoulder. At least once in every five minutes he could feel some kicks on his seat. It was Yifan's way to show he was bored. His cellphone's battery died a little after the small trip began,.
"We're almost there... almost there...", Minseok mumbled. He was also almost falling asleep.
"Don't you dare sleep and leave me alone!", Yifan complained. He was the only one who wasn't (very) tired. 
Minseok tried, but he really couldn't stay awake. Yifan kicked Luhan's seat again, but more lightly this time.
"I'm still awake....", the older boy replied.
"We should have sleep earlier yesterday...", Yifan sighed.
"Do you regret it? I don't. I may be exhausted, but I wouldn't trade yesterday night for nothing."
"I know, I wouldn't either."
"Anyway, we can sleep as much as we want when we get to... our new home.", Luhan said.
"Not exactly... Tomorrow the classes will start. At least for me and these two."
"I still have one more free week. Haha."
"I think I will skip classes to stay with you."
"No, you won't!", Luhan said a little too loud, atracting the attention of other passengers. He lowered his voice. "You have to study, Yifan! You promised you would do your best this year."
"I will... it's just the first week, nothing happens during the first week.", Yifan tried to convice him.
"No. We won't let you skip classes without a good reason. Look, we are almost arriving!"
They woke up the two sleeping beauties and they prepared to leave the vehicle. 

"We're here~", Baekhyun cheerfully said, opening the door to the apartment the four now college students would rent and live in now. He wasn't sleepy anymore (well, he slept all the way to there).
"Oh, it's a nice place!", Yifan said. "It seems we can trust you and Lu to choose this kind of thing..."
"Of course you can!", Luhan said. "The landlady is a really nice woman. The rent isn't too expensive. We only can't make too much noise after 19h on week days, and after 21h on weekends and holidays."
"Also, when we told her that we have 'friends' that will graduate on the next years and that it would be cool if we could find a place near ours for them, she said we can talk to her then and she will help us.", Baekhyun added.
"Good. I really liked this place. Did you too, Min...?", all of them were surprised to see the oldest already laying on the couch, sleeping. "I will take that as yes."
Luhan found a place to sit besides him.
"I will tell you, they really know how to make a goodbye party, those kids."
"I never thought that 'spin the bottle' was such a fun game...", Baekhyun commented.
"Only when you play with the right people, believe me.", Yifan said. "Like yesterday."
"Everyone was cheating...", Luhan said. "It made it even more interesting."
"I will definitely want to play it again.", Baekhyun said. "Oh, we still didn't show you the bedroom!"
"Should we wake him up?", Luhan pointed to Minseok.
"Nah, let him sleep. And... you said bedroom? There's only one?", Yifan said.
"Yeah, come with us!", Luhan got up and took his hand.
He and Baekhyun took him to the place where the only bedroom was.
"This place is near the University and is nice, but there's a reason why no one was here yet. The same reason why it is the best for us.", Baekhyun explained. They opened the door.
The room was big. There were two big closets, a door leading to a bathroom and... two couple beds.
"There are other apartments like this one, we passed by them when we were coming. But all of them have two rooms and bunk beds. There was a mistake and a big misunderstanding when they built this one. They made one room and bought couple beds. Because of this, no one wanted it.", Luhan told Yifan, that was impressed.
"H-how could you find this place? Which were the chances?"
"Aren't we lucky? The landlady was surprised when we told her it was perfect for us.", Baekhyun said. "We only need to move this bed a little to join the two together and..."
"The others will hate us so much.", Yifan completed. "Well, not really, but they will envy this."
"They will... Talking about them, we will get scolded if we don't contact them soon.", Luhan said.
"Oh, I will text them right now!", Baekhyun took his phone. "Later we can use the webcam they bought us."
"But first, let's unpack our things. And get something to eat too.", Yifan said. "And... do you think we can take Minseok to the bed without waking him?"
"Let's try."
It wasn't hard. Minseok was sleeping like a rock. After they carried him to one of the beds, Luhan and Baekhyun started unpacking, while Yifan decided to go explore the neighboorhood (and search for food). He came back almost one hour later, bringing them a late lunch.
Minseok was already awake, so the four could eat together.
"So, this will be our home for some time from now...", Minseok commented. "I like this. But... I will miss my family."
"Me too...", Luhan said.
"My mother made me promise I will go back every weekend. Will you go with me?", Baekhyun said.
"Of course we will! It's not that far, and I can't leave Grandma alone for so long.", Luhan replied.
"If I don't go, Minsung will steal my room!", Minseok added.
"Yes, yes...", Yifan said. "I will also miss my parents."
"Oh, and is that the only reason why any of you would come back here?", a voice coming from Baekhyun's computer said. It was Sehun.
"Of course, what else would we want in this middle of nowhere?", Baekhyun teased. 
"That's it! I vote that no one should speak with these traitors when they come here. Who's with me?", Chanyeol said to the others. The eight of them were at Junmyeon's house, using the webcam to talk with the other four. 
"I agree, we don't need them!", Jongdae said.
"You fools!", Luhan said. "As if! Do you think we can spend a second not thinking about you?"
"We are particularly worried about you, Luhan.", Jongin said.
"Me?! Why, don't you trust me?"
"We did a little research about that acting academy you will study in... A lot of celebetries go or went to there. We have to make sure you won't forget us when you become famous.", Kyungsoo explained.
Luhan laughed.
"No way. I would never do it."
"You better not! Eyes on him, boys!", Sehun said.
"Not only on him...", Yixing said.
"What do you mean?", Baekhyun asked.
"You four are hot.", Luhan spat his drink, Minseok and Baekhyun blushed, and Yifan smiled as if thinking 'I know it'. Yixing continued: "And we're not there to take care of you. You must keep an eye on each other so no one will be stolen."
"Don't worry, Xing, I will take care of our harem here, and you do the same there.", Yifan said.
Yixing replied with his thumbs up. Luhan rolled his eyes and pratically jumped on Yifan to tickle him.
"Who is whose harem, huh?"
Yifan held him.
"You. Mine.", he placed a kiss on the older boy's lips. 
"So, you have class tomorrow already?", Junmyeon asked.
"Everyone, except for Luhan.", Minseok replied. "His begin next week."
"Ours too, only next week.", Junmyeon commented. "Study a lot, do your best! Specially you, Yifan."
"I will, I will... Why does everyone doubts me?"
"You give us good reasons.", Luhan replied, now sitting on his lap.
"I promise I will do better this year."
"Do you have more plans for this afternoon?", Tao asked.
"Yes. Talking with you.", Baekhyun replied. "If it's all right with you, of course."
"Aaah, we wanted to do many interesting things now that you're not around...", Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo elbowed him.
"Don't listen to him, he almost cried when you left.", he said. The other blushed.
"Really, Channie?", Minseok asked. "This is so not like you."
"I didn't. He is making this up!"
"Everyone saw you. Ask his mother.", Tao said.
"Ah, who are you to say anything? You cried, and for real!"
"Yes, I did. I admit it."
"Crying is not a bad thing.", Luhan said. "And in this case, I think it's very cute."
"I'm not cute!", Chanyeol said.
"Yes, you are. You all are our cute babies!", Minseok said. 
They kept chatting for the whole afternoon. The webcam would probably become their favorite object from then on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for reading^^ Now, we're finally moving forward. 2009 will be a really agitated year for these boys~