Coming out

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, February 3rd

Chanyeol woke up earlier than usual that morning. He tried to get up without waking the boy hugging him, but failed.
"You are already going?", the younger boy asked.
"No, of course not, Tao.", Chanyeol assured him. 
"Hm.", Tao hugged him tightly. "We should do this more often."
"Your Dads will probably think badly of me if we do.", Chanyeol laughed a little. "What kind of friends sleep on the same bed?"
Tao smiled.
"All kind of friends do it!", he laughed too. "You know, sometimes I think we should just tell them at once. What is the worse that could happen?"
"I don't know, there's so much that could go wrong. Well, your parents are cool, I bet they would react well. But this building is small and news spread fast. Not all parents are like yours..."
"Yeah... Mr. Wu is scary...", Tao said.
"Mrs. Byun too... And Jongin's mother, she's the one whose reaction I fear the most..."
"Ah, Mrs. Kim is kind..."
"And religious... I have nothing against it, of course, but... I don't think she will approve the idea of her son having many male partners..."
"You're right... What about your mother?"
"She's cool... I think she will only be sad because I didn't tell her sooner...", Chanyeol said. It was kind of true. But sometimes, he feared it could be worse than he could imagine.
His thoughts were interrupted by knocks on the door.
"Son? Are you awake? Come to eat breakfast!"
"I'm going, Dad!", Tao replied. "Let's go, Channie."
"Okay."
The two boys got up and went to the dining room. One of Tao's fathers, Kim Jonghyun, was sitting at the table (he was the one who knocked on the boy's door), while the other, Jinki, was making breakfast.
"Good morning, boys!", Jinki said.
"Good morning, Mr. Kim and Mr. Kim.", Chanyeol said. "Thank you for letting me sleep here."
"Morning, Dads. Where is the little monster?"
"Your brother is still sleeping. Sit down, boys. Did you sleep well?", Jonghyun asked.
"Yes...", Tao answered. He and Chanyeol sat down.
Jinki finished cooking and served the food. Some minutes after, Namjoon appeared.
"So, Chanyeol...", Jinki asked. "Do you know your mother's new girlfriend?" The reason why Chanyeol went to sleep there was because his mother was having a date at their apartment.
"Not yet...", the boy replied. "I hope it's a good woman."
"She certainly is."
"Did you behave well this night, boys?", Jonghyun asked, with a suspicious look.
"O-of course!", Tao answered, blushing. "We're only friends, what could we have done wrong?"
Chanyeol wanted to face palm seeing that reaction. Instead, he decided to change the subject.
"Thank you again for letting me sleep here, and for the delicious food. I am already going.", he said, getting up, with his dish on hand.
"Oh, just leave it there.", Jinki said. "Thank you for your visit, come back any time you want."
"Thank you. Good bye."

~

Kyungsoo and Jongin also woke up early. The later actually didn't even sleep. Not because of the nightmare, being with Kyungsoo made him feel safe, but because he wanted to enjoy the moment. The two got up and went to the living room, where they found Ms. Do, that seemed a lot calmer now.
"Good morning, kids.", she greeted them. "Wait a little here, I will go make breakfast."
"Ah, I'm already leaving, Ms. Do.", Jongin said. "My mother doesn't know I'm here, and I don't want her to be worried."
"I see. See you later, then."
The younger boy left, leaving mother and son alone. The two went to the kitchen.
"Kyungsoo, please sit down. I have something to tell you, and I think it's better if you're sitting."
Kyungsoo did as she said. 
"What is it, Mom?"
"I... I don't even know how to start this. Well, you know that your father-"
"You mean that man I refuse to call father.", he corrected her.
"Yes, sorry. That man you refuse to call father, you know he was my first boyfriend."
"Yes, I know."
Kyungsoo was raised by only his mother since he was born. She was the only family he knew. He didn't know much about her relatives, and his male progenitor was a mystery to him for a long time. When he was 10, Ms. Do decided it was time for him to know the truth. 
His parents meet each other when they were teenagers, and his mother got pregnant not long after, after their first time together. To complicate things even more, the guy was the son of a very rich and influent family, and was engaged to a woman from an equally rich and influent family. When he knew his girlfriend was pregnant, he told her a lot of horrible things, said he never loved her and never had serious intentions from the beginning. He was only having fun with her.
When her parents found out, there was a big fight. They kicked her out from home. She was alone, with nowhere to go. It was when that guy's family offered her many things, in exchange for her silence about the baby. If it was only for her, she would never accept anything from them. But there was the baby, and she wouldn't be able to provide him everything he needed by herself. She accepted it, but only the minimal to gave her son a decent life. Even so, she started working day and night so that one day she would not only not depend on them, but also be able to pay back every won they gave her. 
Kyungsoo never wanted to know his father's name. For him, only his mother as a family was enough. He hated that man for hurting her, for leaving her alone.
"You also know...", Ms. Do continued. "That after that, I didn't have any relationship with other man."
"Yes. You were always working or taking care of me, so you never had time for it.", Kyungsoo said. He felt guilty for that. Sometimes, he felt it was all his fault, everything that went wrong in his mother's life. But she never blamed him. She always loved him, and did everything for him.
"Not only this. I never felt... attracted for any other man. I thought a lot about this. I had a lot of time to think, so don't think I jumped to conclusions. I considered a lot of things before... before concluding this."
"Concluding what?", the boy asked.
Ms. Do looked down, she seemed to be very embarassed.
"Kyungsoo, please don't think bad of me. It wasn't a choice, I only took some time to notice. Son, I... I like girls.", her face was completely red. "Please, don't hate me, son!"
Kyungsoo never could expect for that. He was completely shocked.
"H-how...?"
"I... I have been suspecting this for a while. I noticed my feelings for her were a little... they seemed to be something else. Something more than just friends. When she confessed, at first I was afraid, but then... Then I was sure that I love her. Kyunggie, are you mad at me?"
"No, of course not! I'm just... surprised. I never expected... Wait, so you are dating now? Who is her?"
"Y-yes. I was with her last night. She's-"
"Do I know her? Is she good to you? For how long...? Does she know you have a son? Can I know her? Can I call her mother? You are getting married? I will be invited, right??", the boy started asking, not even giving time for his mother to answer.
Kyungsoo always expected for the day his mother would find love again. He was worried because she always seemed so lonely. Now that it was happening, even if a little different from what he imagined, he was really excited.
"Whoa, calm down. We are just together since yesterday. And yes, she is very good to me. Since I moved here, she has always given me support everytime I needed, and was my bestest best friend, the one I knew I could count on.", Ms. Do told him.
"This description fits very well someone I know...", Kyungsoo commented. But a part of him didn't believe it was really...
"Of course it does. My girlfriend is... Ms. Park."

~

"YOU ARE DATING KYUNGSOO'S MOTHER?!?!", Chanyeol shouted, not believing what his mother just told him.
"Y-yes...", Ms. Park was blushing like a teenager girl. "Please, don't shout..."
"Sorry, it's just...", Like mother, like son, he thought. "I didn't knew she also... liked girls."
"I didn't either. But... my feelings for her aren't a new thing. I decided to take a chance and confess to her... and I found out she also felt the same. At first, she was confused, but now... Well, we are together."
"Wow, this is... I'm happy for you, Mom. I really am.", Chanyeol said.
"There's one more thing... I think... she's the one.", Ms. Park almost whispered. "What I feel for her... is different, bigger than anything I felt for any other before.", she was blushing, and couldn't stop smiling. Chanyeol had never seen his mother like that before.
He hugged her.
"I hope you are right. You really deserve it, Mom. Congratulations."
"Thank you, son."
Chanyeol felt really happy for his mother, but at the same time a million worries formed in his head. His mother was with the mother of (one of) his boyfriend. How would the two react when they knew about their sons?
He did the only possible thing (he was still underaged and didn't work yet, there was no way he would be able to buy 12 tickets to the Himalayas) he could think at the moment. He asked her.
"Mom... consider an hypothetical situation, in which I would be... interested in your girlfriend's son. Would-"
"OHMYGOD! Kyungsoo? It's him? IT'S HIM!", she shouted.
"What?"
"He's the one you like! Oww, you would form such a cute couple!", she started making incomprehensible sounds.
"No, I never said that! I said an hypothetical-", Chanyeol tried explained.
"Youaresocuteandheissocutetoo!", more sounds. "I totally ship it!"
"Mom, please don't ship me..."
"Don't worry, son! I will help you!"
What have I done?

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ms. Park, the original Chansoo shipper xD *coughs* sheactuallyshipschanyeolxalltheboys *coughs*

Thank you for reading^^ I hope you liked this chapter. It was more about their families backgrounds (these Shinee intruders are because I can) and a side couple I couldn't help but make (finally had the chance to write it :D )

This is only the beginning~