Nightmare

There's room for 11 in my heart

2009, February 3rd

"NOOO!!", Jongin screamed as he woke up from a terrible nightmare. A really terrible nightmare. He sat on his bed and stared at his hands. "It wasn't real, it was only a dream...", he mumbled to himself, trying to calm himself. His heartbeats were fast as his mind slowly came back to real world. 
The boy noticed he couldn't remember much of the nightmare. Only that he lost someone important, and it was all his own fault.
Jongin tried to sleep again, but he couldn't. He feared seeing that dream again. He got up, and decide to walk a little. The boy went to the corridor, and passed by his parents's room. He carefully opened the door, and took a look inside. The two were sleeping peacefully in each other's arm. Smiling, he closed the door and walked away. 
The living room clock showed it was amost 4 am. Sighing, the boy took a key and left the apartment. He got down stairs and soon found himself in the hall. The door that led to the back, where there was a garden and the playgroud, was locked, but he knew since he was 5 an alternative way, using the emergency doors.
When Jongin got there, he saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the swings. He decided to sit on the other beside them.
"Can't sleep?", he asked. 
"You too?"
"I had a nightmare.", Jongin explained. The figure, Kyungsoo, nodded.
"And why did you decide to come here? This place can be scary at night.", he was right. With only a weak lamp and the moon as light sources, the night silence, and an occasional wind that blew and moved the swings and sometimes the seesaw, that place could be the perfect setting for a horror movie.
"I remebered... when we were kids, we would always make plans to come here at night, when our parents were sleeping, to play. Then one of us would hear something and we would all be scared. We would ran back and then, tired, we would sleep on the hall's couches... Only to be scolded the morning after, and then do it again."
Kyungsoo laughed.
"My mother almost had a heart attack the first time, when she woke up and didn't find me in my room. We really worried them, our parents.", he remembered.
"We were good kids... most of the time.", Jongin commented.
"Unless we were together.", Kyungsoo added. "My mother told me once, she could always feel the danger when there were more than three of us together. If we were quiet, then she could be sure we were up to something."
"Well, she can certainly blame the older ones. They brought us to this bad way..."
The two laughed.
"Want to talk about your nightmare?", Kyungsoo asked.
"Not really... I would prefer to just forget it.", Jongin answered. "What about you? You didn't tell me why were you unable to sleep."
"Same as you. Nightmare. And like you, I would prefer to forget it.", the boy took the pendant of his necklace, the necklace Minseok gave him after he came back from the short week he spend with his father, as he spoke, and started playing with it between his fingers.
Jongin also took his own.
"It's beautiful, isn't it? I can't believe he could find something like this..."
"Yes... And girly, too.", Kyungsoo gave a small laugh. "But I loved it anyways."
"Me too. When I look at it, and remember you are all wearing the same, I feel warm... Even more now.", Jongin sighed.
"Does someone needs a hug?"
"From you, I always need.", Jongin smiled. Kyungsoo got up, rolling his eyes, and kneeled in front of Jongin. He then hugged the younger boy, that quickly hugged him back. "Please, don't ever leave me.", he murmured, remembering the nightmare.
"Never. We will always be together, always."
"Do you think your mother would mind if I spend the night at your place?", the younger asked.
"We don't have a guest room and the couch is..."
"Your bed is big."
"Kim Jongin, are you sure you want to tempt me by sleeping on the same bed?"
"I know you are as innocent as I am."
"... Even so, this is torture, you know? Being sure that nothing will happen because you want to wait until getting married to..."
"Do you really want so badly to do it, Kyunggie?", Jongin asked with a suggestive glare.
"S-sometimes, I do...", Kyungsoo blushed.
"Well, you will have to ask someone else because I'm not going back on my word."
"Ha, I know this already...", the boy covered his blushing face with his hands.
"But, back to the question... can I sleep at your place?"
"I don't think there's a problem... We used to do it all the time before and nothing will happen anyway... I think we can convice my mother we are just being normal friends. But yours...?"
"Just being normal friends, I will repeat this until she believes it.", Jongin gave a playful smile.
"Well, you are the one who will have to deal with her, so if you so... Let's go."
Thee two silently walked back to Kyungsoo's apartment, and equally silently entered there, not even turning any of the lights on.
But then, when they were almost in Kyungsoo's room, they heard a sound in the living room. Worried it could be a thief, they carefully walked back there, phones in hand, and were surprised to see...
"Mom?!"
"Aaah, K-kyunggie... Shouldn't you be sleeping?"
"You too. Where were you?"
Ms. Do was clearly coming back from somewhere. Also, she was wearing one of her best dresses, but its strap was busted. Her hair was messy and she was carrying her high heels shoes in her hands. She was in a compromising situation, and so was her son, that was holding hands with Jongin that late at night.
"I won't ask questions, and you won't too."
"I'm not doing anything wrong!", Kyungsoo defended himself. "H-he's my friend and..."
"I'm not too! I was just... I'm your mother! I don't have to explain myself."
"Okaaay... Oh, as you're here... Can Jongin sleep here? He had a nightmare and..."
"Yes, yes. Just stop with the questions."
"But I didn't..."
"Who are you, the police? I'm a free single woman!"
"I know, I know. Sorry. Good night, Mom."
Kyungsoo had to pull Jongin to his room, or the boy would stay there staring at the woman.
"What just happened here?", he asked, when they were finally there.
"Ah, don't worry. My mother was just a little nervous. She always acts like this when she is hiding something. Soon she will confess.", Kyungsoo answered. "Let's just go to sleep."
The two layed down. Jongin hugged Kyungsoo really tightly. After some time, he whispered:
"Kyunggie... I think you may get a new father..."
"Do you think?"
"She was really well dressed. And also, there was..."
"There was?"
Jongin didn't know how to say that.
"Didn't you see her shoulder? There was a... you know... a...", he gestured, and Kyungsoo understood.
"Really?! Like, for real?", he had to hold himself not to scream of happiness like a fangirl. "Someone kissed my mother!"
"Maybe more than kissed...", Jongin mumbled.
Kyungsoo was laughing.
"Finally... This isn't a bad night after all."
"Definitely not...", Jongin agreed, tightening the hug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hiiii!! Thank you for reading^^

Hehe, will Kyungsoo really get a new father? The answer will be on the next chapter~

Comments make this crazy person really happy :D 

(This chapter beginning may or may not have been inspired by sad-ended fanfics...)