Chapter 2

Hired
"Why not?" Mr Kim asked. 
 
I glared at the contract, cute guy, Sehun and then at him. 
 
"Look, mr Kim. I really don't want to offend you but I'm not someone you can just hire and drop any time you want. You're paying me to be Sehun's girlfriend? Are you implying that every star with a girlfriend has their girlfriend hired? Are they all fake? Are girls that fun to disrespect? So Sehun has me for 6 months and after 6 months is nothing at all. Like I've never met him in my whole life. Do you think that's easy? For his fans, do you think they will forget his relationship that easily? Is this a joke? So you hire me and drop me as and when you like and when Sehun needs a girlfriend you're going to find me again? Sorry but no. Have you considered how I feel? You're just using me!"
 
"Look, Ms Yoo. It's not that I want to use you. We are hiring you to gain popularity for both the company and EXO. You get known to the outside world too. It is like killing two birds with one stone. Please, just consi-"
 
"Enough. Is popularity and money the only thing about record labels these days? No. Goodbye." With that, I stood up, grabbed my bag, bowed and left.
 
I headed for the exit. "Ms Yoo, wait!" It was cute guy. I groaned. "No, I'm not signing that contract." Cute guy sighed. 
 
"Please, just consider. This will really help us a lot."
 
"No." I turned to leave. 
 
"Please, Ms Yoo. Will you-"
 
"Enough."
 
That wasn't me. 
 
I turned around. It was Sehun speaking. He had a smug look on his face. He pushed cute guy aside. "Leave this to me. Chloe Yoo, follow me." Wow, he remembered my name. Cute guy nodded and went back into the building. I stared at Sehun. "What." Sehun smiled and pulled me to the building's cafe.
 
"Two iced Americano."
 
"I just had coffee."
 
"They're both mine."
 
"Oh."
 
We settled down. 
 
"What do you want? I'm not signing."
 
"I know."
 
"So what do you want?"
 
"Reconsideration."
 
"No."
 
Sehun put down his cup. He smirked.
 
"Do you know how lucky you are to be my girlfriend? Lots of people want to, but they don't stand a chance."
 
"So what?"
 
"Why don't you try once? Who knows, you might end up actually liking me."
 
"What makes you so sure?"
 
Sehun leaned forward. His breath tickled my skin as he whispered into my ear.
 
"Who knows, i think I might be a little interested in you."
 
"What?" I felt my face turn a slight shade of pink.
 
Sehun stood up. "I hope you take the contract into consideration. I look forward to seeing you again, Chloe Yoo." He left the cafe. I stared at the two cups of coffee in front of me, trying to process what had just happened. 
 
"What?! You were offered to be Sehun's girlfriend? And you just said no and dissed the CEO? Are you crazy?" Jaehyo yelled. 
 
"What have I done wrong. He was trying to use me."
 
"But still... Oh my god, Chloe! You're so stupid! Why did you reject their offer? How did I even become friends with you?"
 
"You love me so shut up."
 
Jaehyo groaned. "Listen, this is a very big opportunity for you. You can't miss it! You get to be Sehun's girlfriend for six months! If I were a girl, I would have married him already!"
 
"Jaehyo! Are you implying you're gay?"
 
"No I'm not! I'm saying you're just being stupid to be rejecting that offer!"
 
"But what happens after that 6 months? Me and Sehun have absolutely no relation whatsoever to each other and neither do I have any connections with the company. It's like none of that 's ever happened!"
 
Jaehyo smiled.
 
"Sure, you have no relation to him after six months. Ah, but what if you do? Have you ever wondered? What if he really likes you after that six months?"
 
I stared at him in disbelief. "That's not possible. You're living in the fluffy white clouds full of fairy tales, Jaehyo."
 
Jaehyo shrugged. "Maybe. Just maybe. Life is all about taking chances, isn't it? Just consider their offer. Trust me, things may turn out better than you think. I got to go." Jaehyo kissed my cheek and waved goodbye to me before leaving. 
 
I couldn't sleep that night.
 
Jaehyo texted me. 
 
Chloe! Remember what I told you yesterday. Go for it!^^ Jaehyo loves you no matter what!
 
Jaehyo's words from yesterday invaded my mind. Life is all about taking chances, isn't it? Just consider their offer. Trust me, things may turn out better than you think. I took a deep breath and got dressed.
 
I couldn't believe myself. I was in front of SM Entertainment building again.