Chapter 9

Hired
I came out of the shower dressed in nothing but Sehun's shirt. It was so embarrassing. What if someone sees me and gets the wrong idea? I should have just gone back to my dorm instead. I hugged onto the towel and headed for the living room, praying that nobody would see me. 
 
To my disappointment, Sehun was seated in the living room. He had taken a shower in the other bathroom. He looked at me and turned bright red. "Um.. I.. Do you feel better?" He looked flustered as he avoided my gaze and fumbled for words. I buried my face in the towel in embarrassment. Staying here was a terrible choice. I quickly sat down next to him. 
 
An awkward silence filled the room. 
 
I was the first to break the silence. 
 
"Uh, thank you about earlier..." I began. "I said it was my duty. No need to thank me." Silence again. "Um, do you think the media could have recorded it?" I asked nervously. "Most likely." "Oh crap..." I groaned. Sehun muttered something under his breath. I cocked my head to the side. "What did you say?"
 
Sehun glanced at me for a second. "Oh… nothing." I frowned and peered at his face. His cheeks were flushed red and he tried to look away. "What did you say?" "I said I can help you with this problem… that is, um, if you want to…"
 
I couldn't help but smile. I probably looked silly but… "Really? Since when were you so nice?" Sehun avoided my gaze once again. I tried to peer into his face but he kept edging away. I giggled. "Are you shy or something?" I asked as I crawled towards him playfully. Sehun looked up at me. "Will you stop making silly assumptions on your own!" He snapped. He was blushing profusely. He looked cute as he was flustered and annoyed at the same time. Very cute.
 
"Sehun ah, I'm back and-" I heard something drop onto the floor. Sehun and I looked to our right. In front of the door was a very shocked Su Ho. "What in the world are you two doing?" He asked. Sehun and I looked at each other. That was when I realised I had climbed on top of him and was sort of straddling him. I let out a silent gasp and Sehun's eyes widened. The both of us looked back at Su Ho. Behind Su Ho appeared 4 familiar faces - Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. They looked bewildered and amused at the same time. Sehun quickly pushed me off him and smoothed out the creases on his shirt. Another awkward silence followed. 
 
Chanyeol smirked. "Good thing we came back before you could start your full makeout session." Kai joined in his laughter. "Yeah, look at you Miss Yoo, you're even wearing Sehun's shirt." Baekhyun and Su Ho erupted in laughter. I looked down at what I was wearing and instinctively crossed my hands over my chest. "Hyung! D-Don't misunderstand us! Chloe Yoo got egged and I was helping her and she decided to tease me and this just happened!" Sehun was blushing furiously. "He's right! Please don't think of anything weird." I defended Sehun.
 
Su Ho regained his composture and spoke up. "Okay, we get it. Sehun's fan girls can get a little overboard. I'm sorry you got attacked by them... Now if you would excuse us." Su Ho made his way to his room. Kyung Soo headed to the kitchen. Chanyeol completely ignored us and Baekhyun threw me a wink before entering his room.
 
"It was all your fault," Sehun grumbled as he moved to the other couch, as if he was trying to stay as far from me as possible. I hugged my knees and pouted. "I'm sorry." Sehun looked at me in surprised. He raised his eyebrow. "You're apologizing?" I raised my eyebrow back at him. "I take back my apology." Sehun glared at me. "Stop teasing me!" He growled and looked away. I laughed. "But hey, it was interesting, was it not?"
 
Sehun looked at me like i was mad. "Who are you kidding?" I shook my head. "At least I got to see a more different side of you. You're usually so straightforward and annoying." Sehun's cheeks turned red again. "Hehe, you're blushing." "I'm not..." "You are!"
 
Sehun looked up and smirked. "And today you seem much more cheerful although you just got egged by my fans. I expected you to be pretty angry and stalked out of this house. What happened to you?" "I-I... Hmph!" Sehun laughed at his own comeback. "Come here," he patted the empty spot beside him. I hesitantly walked up and moved to sit beside him.
 
I tried to hug my knees but Sehun gently grabbed my arm. He stared at me intently. His eyes felt as if they were drilling holes into mine. I looked down at my - no - Sehun's shirt. "Hmm, maybe you are nicer than I thought, Chloe Yoo..." I heard Sehun say. I looked up. He was smiling. Or was it a smirk?
 
I smiled back. "Hmm, maybe you are nicer than I thought, Oh Sehun..." I mimicked him in a singsong voice. Sehun gave me a face that said "what the hell". I laughed. "Well, technically I am your girlfriend but… friends?" I beamed, sticking out my hand. 
 
Sehun looked at me stunned for a moment. He laughed and returned the gesture. "You're unbelievable."