Chapter 23

Hired

I grew up in the States with my parents. I wanted to stay in Korea, but they didn't agree. I came to Korea with my aunt without informing them. I was eleven then. I didn't care. I hated America. I was fifteen when my aunt got married and had to move out. Luckily, she left the house for me and was willing to pay the bills. I was able to live peacefully.

Until this man named Lee Won came up to me on my way to work. My complicated life began again. I was thrown into the world of celebrities. And worst of all, of all the other celebrities in the world, I just had to get involved with Oh Sehun. What a life. 

It has been close to two months since I signed the contract. I don't know how to survive for another four months. If I calculated, none of this would have happened if Jaehyo didn't call me out for coffee that day. If I trace back even further, none of this would have happened if my father's flight to Korea wasn't delayed. But what do I do? I can't control time. The only way I can get back my original life is to cancel this contract. Maybe it won't be exactly the same, but at least all this rubbish happening right now can stop. My mother, Elton, Lee Won, Mr Kim, Exo, Sehun.

I turned around and walked back towards the building. To my surprise, Jaehyo was at the entrance. He smiled and waved at me. "What are you doing here?"

Jaehyo pouted. "We haven't hung out for quite awhile. So I want to at least have coffee with you today."

Jaehyo was acting strange today. Usually, he would never come and talk to me face to face. We always arranged to meet up through text messages, but I agreed anyway. "Cool, but wait a little while. I need to settle some business."

Jaehyo shrugged. I took the elevator to the top level of the building. 

Lee Won was startled to see me. "What brings you here?" I smiled. "I want to see the CEO."

"You want to cancel this contract?" I nodded. "I don't feel comfortable being in a contract relationship."

"I understand this may be a little overwhelming for you, but two months is a little..."

"You don't agree, do you." I sighed. "I don't think you will agree to my sudden request. Please think about it. I will come and ask again another time. Thank you." I bowed and left the room. 

I opened the door to see Sehun. Is he angry? Worried? Upset? I couldn't tell at all. "Sehun, did you hear the conversation?"

"Yeah." was all he said. I was confused. He didn't have any reaction. I wanted him to have one, at least. One to show that he cared. But he didn't show any. I was upset, but I tried my best not to show it. We rode the elevator down in silence. 

The door opened. 

"I.. I'll get out first, then."

There was a firm grip on my hand after taking a few steps away from the elevator. It was Sehun, of course. 

"Do you really need to do this?" He asked. I wanted to turn around so desperately. "This celebrity life is really hard. I don't think I can take it." I said quietly. I shook him off and walked quickly to the entrance.

"Chloe Yoo."

I paused. 

"Are you sure you really want this?"

I didn't know how to answer him. I quickly left the building. 

Jaehyo ran up to me from behind. "Hey, what was that all about? The elevator and Sehun..."

"You saw?" Jaehyo nodded. "Oh." Jaehyo didn't look convinced. "Something happened, right?"

I sighed. "I wanted to cancel this contract." Jaehyo was silent for a moment.

"Want to go for a walk? Just clear your mind for now." 

I smiled. Only Jaehyo understood me perfectly. "Okay." 

Jaehyo brought me to a quiet park and we settled on a bench. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. "Ah, this feels nice. I haven't been to places like this for so long."

Jaehyo smiled. "Feeling better?"

"A lot lot!"

"Haa.. Do you remember what day it is?"

"Is it a special day?"

"Kind of. Do you remember what happened between us last year?"

"Uh, we broke up. Why?"

"Yeah. Today is actually the day we broke up. Funny, right? Its the same day you want to stop this relationship."

"Yeah, today's a really bad day I guess. But why are you bringing this up? And not to mention, you even remembered the day. "

"Hm, do you want me to beat around the bush or get straight to the point?"

I laughed. "You know the type of person I am. Get on with it!"

"Since you coincidentally wanted to cancel your contract today..." Jaehyo placed his hand gingerly on mine.

"Jaehyo?" I looked up. Jaehyo had his eyes locked on mine. I had never seen him look so serious before. 

"I think I want to get back together with you."