Chapter 32

Hired

Sehun’s POV

Mr Kim hung his head and sighed.

“The stock prices are falling.”

“I’m sorry, I-“ I began Mr Kim raised his hand to stop me.

“It is okay. I understand that this is a difficult time for you and the group. They are having problems over at China as well. The people are suspecting that they knew about the contract and were keeping mum about it.”

I could not say anything. This was my fault. To speak the truth, I was not thinking straight on the day I had announced about the contract. All I had on my mind was how I had to stop hurting Chloe Yoo’s feelings. It was my fault she had cried that day, I had to do something. Mr Kim was right. I had been rash about things. I did not think about the consequences that came with revealing the truth about the contract.

“When will the statement be released?”

“We are thinking through it. Please prepare yourself as we may need to hold press conferences in the near future.”

“Yes, sir.” Mr Kim gestured for me to take my leave.

Chloe’s POV

Before I could leave, there was one last thing I had to do. I picked up my phone and punched in my best friend’s number.

“Hello? Chloe?”

“Jaehyo, can we meet up?”

-

Two mugs of latte were placed on the table.

“Chloe.”

“Chloe Chloe Chloe Chloe Chloe. Are you ignoring me? Chloe Chloe Chloe Chloe.”

It was a familiar situation. This time, I remained silent.

“Listen… I heard about the news. What are you going to do?”

I sighed. It was going to be difficult to tell him.

“I…I am moving to America.”

Jaehyo’s eyes widened. “For real?”

“For real.”

“You’re moving for good?”

“Today and for good.”

Jaehyo looked like he was at a loss for words. I could understand. What would you say if your best friend was moving away forever?

“I’m so sorry for telling you this so late.”

“It’s okay.”

“My flight’s in two hours.”

I stood up. Jaehyo approached me and wrapped his arms around me. I did the same. His lips were pressed against the crown of my head. “I’ll miss you,” he breathed. I closed my eyes. Jaehyo was the best friend I could ever have, but I was terrible to him. He put his feelings for me aside and continued to be my friend, it must have been difficult. And yet, I told him I was moving only two hours before. I was a terrible friend.

I pulled away. “I’ll call you frequently and send you lots of pictures,” I smiled.

“Alright. Bye.”

“Bye.”

With that, I pulled my luggage and left the café for good.

Sehun’s POV

The Internet was still exploding with news about the fake relationship. Not really news, but rumours. Instead of trying to clear up these rumours, I was sprawled out on the bed with music blasting in my ears. My ears were ringing, but I could not care less. I would do anything to get everything off my mind.

Suho came in shortly after. I sat up and took my headphones off.

“Your phone was ringing, did you not hear it?”

“Oh.” I picked up my phone. It was a miss call from Yoo Mi. I was puzzled. Before I could call her back, when a text message popped up. It was Yoo Mi again. What business could she possibly have with me? Suho sat beside me as I opened up the text message. I could not believe what I had just read.

Hey! Did you know Chloe’s moving back to America?

“Miss Yoo is moving?” Suho looked shocked. I was too, but I could not afford to show it.

“According to Yoo Mi, yes. It must be true, considering she was the one with Chloe Yoo after that party.”

“You’re not going to do anything about it?” Suho raised an eyebrow.

“I have nothing to do about it,” I remarked. Suho stood up, looking slightly annoyed.

“Miss Yoo is moving,” He repeated.

“So?”

“You aren’t going to finding her?”

“I don’t have any reason to.”

Suho folded his arms. He looked displeased. “You’re an idiot.”

That was the last thing he said before leaving the room. It was the same thing Chanyeol had said to me. Am I really an idiot?

Chloe’s POV

I arrived at the airport just in time. The gate was about to open. I regretted not asking Yoo Mi to accompany me. It was difficult to move around with a heavy baggage. I was surprised to find a familiar face at the gate.

“Avery!”

Avery turned around and waved at me. I rushed up to her. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m moving to America too! I told you I was planning to get an American citizenship.”

“Oh, yeah.” I faintly remembered her telling me that. I felt bad for snapping at her during that time. At least, I was sure I was not going to be alone in America. I had Avery.

“The gate has opened. I guess we can go in now.”

“Yeah.” I walked towards the gate slowly, what little hope I had in my heart was slowly fading away.

“…Wait!”