Chapter 18

Hired
We spent the rest of the week in China. Each day went by quickly with the same routine. Sehun and Lu Han would eat together, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and I would eat together, reporters would come, Yoo Mi would call me to her studio to try out new looks, reporters would come, the entire crew would have dinner together and  Sehun and I would stay up all night to do anything. Whether it was eating, playing card games or even cuddling, we did it all. After all, best friends can cuddle with each other, can't they?
 
-
 
Sehun lay next to me on the bed. "Sehun, do you ever think us doing this is wrong?" I asked quietly. "I mean, we're not even dating and we are doing this sort of things… and to think we know each other for less than a month… I'm not sure if this is appropriate for our relationship…" Sehun grinned. "Yes it can be wrong. But it's only wrong if you don't like that person." I looked at him through my eyelashes, surprised. "Huh? Are you implying that you-"
 
I was interrupted by my phone vibrating. Sehun let go of me and picked up my phone. He frowned. "It's an international call from America. Could it be?" I peered at the number and gulped. I motioned for Sehun to keep quiet while I picked up the phone. 
 
"Chloe Yoo! What do you think you're doing in China?" I groaned silently. My mom found out. "Even if you change your name, I will still recognize your face anywhere! Explain yourself! Why are you dating that pop star? I am going to China to find you at once, young lady!" I the speaker mode. The sounds of wheels could be heard in the background. I gasped silently. My mother was already at the airport. "Listen, I'm catching the first plane from Chicago to Shanghai which is in 20 minutes. I'll be there in half a day so don't you dare move from your spot! Tell me where you are residing!" She hung up.
 
I sighed. "We can't go back to Korea today, can we?" "Probably not. Your mother sounded very angry." Sehun said. "Of course she is!" I groaned. "I didnt pack any extra clothes either…" Sehun smiled mischievously. "I can always lend you my shirt. Not like you haven't wore it before." I blushed. "Stop it…" 
 
Sehun wiped the smile off his face with a serious expression. "Okay, now we need to think of ways to convince your mother." I looked at him. "Can't we just tell her about the contract?" Sehun glared at me. "Are you crazy? No! If she leaks this to the media it's all over for me and my company. And it's all over for you too." I nodded quietly. "Well, we probably have to show my mom how much we love each other to convince her. But she's very stubborn and..."
 
Sehun smirked. "I think showing you how much I love you is an easy job." I buried my face in the blankets in embarrassment. "No not that way... You're so dirty…" Sehun laughed and climbed onto the bed. "Go away…" I covered my face with a pillow. Sehun laughed and pushed the pillow aside. "I'm kidding. Why are you so embarrassed? Are you seriously thinking I would do such nasty things to you?" I looked up a little. "Well, we are doing things we aren't suppose to do..." I buried my face even deeper between the sheets. 
 
Sehun looked at me, surprised. "You don't like it?" I looked up in alarm. "No it's not-" Sehun smirked. "So you like it." I blushed and felt so flustered. "No! I don't-" Sehun smirked again. "So do you like it or not?" I pouted. "Stop teasing me… You're so mean…" Sehun turned away from me. "There's nothing we can do now. Just go back to sleep and wait for your mother to arrive."
 
I awoke to the sound of someone banging on the door. I sat up. Sehun was already dressed as he went over to open the door. I took a peek from my bed and saw a figure standing by the door. Could it be my mother? I quickly grabbed a bathrobe from the wardrobe and combed through my hair.
 
"Chloe Yoo!" I turned around to face my mother. As usual, her perfectly curled long blonde hair cascaded down her back and she wore a white dress with way too much floral designs. A pair of ankle boots and a purple Louis Vuitton purse completed the look. My mother never fails to remind me of a Barbie doll.
 
"I want an explaination! You are dating a man without my permission. As if that is bad enough, you are dating a pop star! This is absolutely unacceptable!" She spoke in her heavy American accent I hated so much. She stormed up to me and ripped the comb off my hands. "Look at me when I'm talking to you! Since when have you become so rude?" I was about to speak up when Sehun stepped through the door. "Please, let us discuss about this in the living room. It will not work if you are so worked up."
 
My mother turned to Sehun with her annoying fake smile. "Fair enough. I do not wish to cause a scene, anyway."
 
Sehun placed three cups of tea on the table and quietly say beside me. "Go ahead, explain why you are here." My mother said as she admired her perfectly painted nails. I groaned. I felt like slapping her badly. I had the worst mother alive. "Because I love him and he loves me." I said. My mother glared at me. 
 
"Love? What do you know about love? You're only twenty, please!" I raised my eyebrows. "You don't know anything about love either. You only married dad for his money, and you're going to make me marry that weird Raymond boy for his money too. And not to mention-" My mother stood up. "Excuse me?" She yelled. "Stop!" Sehun said loudly. I glared at Sehun. "Stay out of this." Sehun glared at back at me. "The both of you need to calm down and talk it out." 
 
"I'm making an effort but this lady here is throwing tantrums at the truth I'm stating," I scoffed. "How dare you talk about your mother like that?" My mother yelled. She turned to Sehun. "And you! Don't act like you're not involved! Why are you dating my daughter?" Sehun gripped my hand. "I love her," he said. "Love? You don't know anything about love either! You are even younger than my daughter! And you are a celebrity! How do you expect me to trust you? All you celebrities do is play around with woman and throw them away once you're done! How do I know when you will do the same to my daughter?" She barked. 
 
"I won't. I love her with all my heart." Sehun spoke quietly. My mother stood up again. "You're just a liar! Just because you're a celebrity you think you can get any girl's heart but guess what! I will not let you play with my daughters heart and get away with it! You're nothing but a burden, a problem, an obstruction in my daughter's life!" She shouted. By now, I was beyond mad. "Stop assuming that he's a player! He loves me and I know it because I love him too!" I yelled. Sehun looked at me, shocked. I was surprised at myself as well. Why did I say that? Do I love Sehun? No, oh my god. Chloe, you don't love Sehun. It's a contract. A contract. A contract...
 
Sehun stood up. "I believe that's all you have to say today, please leave. As you can see, you are making my girlfriend feel uncomfortable." My mother looked like she was about to explode. "Girlfriend! Chloe, come to your senses! You cannot love this man! You are coming to America with me and your father. And his name is not Raymond, it's Elton." She yelled as Sehun shooed her out of the door. I sighed.