Chapter 22

Hired

My mine replayed the scene from last night over and over again. Sehun might have done it for show, but it was night time at our dorm. No one in their right mind would stay out all night in the chilly air just for a picture of us together. So why did he do it? Confused and frustrated, I don't know what to feel anymore.

Thankfully, a phone call broke my chain of thoughts.

"Chloe, I arranged a date for you and Elton. 11am at the cafe near where that boy is working so you have no excuse to not meet him."

I didn't get a chance to speak before my mother hung up. It was 10. Just this once, Chloe. Do it for your mother, I told myself. After all, I could take my mind off Sehun for awhile. I threw on a cardigan over my dress and quickly did my make up before heading out.

Ernest boy was late. What kind of man makes a woman wait? I drummed the table impatiently.

10 painful minutes later, Ernest boy arrived. I cringed at his outfit. A business suit with a striking green tie. Did his mummy dress him for a prom? Not appealing at all. I started regretting my decision. This man could really use some help from Yoo Mi.

"Sorry I'm late," he said without even looking at me. He plopped down on the chair and crossed his legs. So casually. What in the world did mother see in him?

As I expected, this Ernest boy said he only agreed to my mother because he liked how my family was wealthy.

"So when will the marriage be? After you graduate university? Or pretty soon?" His cocky attitude was driving me nuts.

"There won't be any marriage. If you weren't interested in the first place, you should have rejected my mother."

He leaned towards me. "Oh, yeah? I think I am interested in you. You're pretty and feisty, totally my type."

I sighed inwardly. I really shouldn't have left the house.

"Unfortunately, I think I have no interest in you, so if you would excuse me." I stood up, but he quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me. I was forced to sit down again.

"No, I wouldn't excuse you," he smiled shrewdly. "Now let us discuss this marriage."

"Marriage? Nobody is getting married." 

I gulped.

Sehun walked up to our table, his hands in his pockets, a smug smile showing on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered. He ignored me.

Ernest boy looked annoyed. "I believe nobody asked for your opinion, nor has anyone said you were part of this discussion. Who do you think you are?"

Sehun pointed at himself dramatically.

"Me? I'm her boyfriend, Oh Sehun. Who else?" I mentally slapped myself.

"You should go."

"You're coming with me."

Sehun dragged me out of the cafe and to a corner. He looked furious.

"What do you think you're doing, going out on a date with a man? At a cafe? Near the building?"

Was he jealous?

"Did you even realise the reporter from the news department for scandals is there? What have you done, Chloe Yoo?"

My heart sank. "I'm sorry."

Sehun swiped his face in frustration. "You know this is going to get on the news and you're gonna have to explain who that man is."

"He's the man my mom set up a date with."

"Why did you even agreed to go on the date?"

"Because-" I stopped. How could I answer him? Do I answer 'because I wanted to stop thinking about you'? I couldn't do that. Sehun glared at me. "Because? Because what? You want to get married while the contract hasn't ended?"

I shook my head and walked away. How could someone change so much in less than a day? Yesterday he was being kind and today he is yelling at me for causing 'trouble'. And that is not the only problem. My heart is the other issue. It is pounding so hard and I don't even know why. Is it anger or excitement? My feelings keep changing non-stop. One minute I feel really happy around him and the next I'm so furious I could burn ten houses down. Happiness, anger, confusion, frustration. I don't know how I'm feeling. I don't know what to feel.

 


 

irresponsible and lazy megan returns dun dun dun