Chapter 6

Hired
Without thinking, I went to open it. Big mistake. It was a humongous group of reporters. Why did I open the door? I should have known better that there were reporters. I was so stupid.
 
The reporters started flooding me with questions. "Who are you?" "What are you doing at EXO's dorm?" "Are you Yoo In Hae?" "Have the two of you moved in together?"
 
I kept quiet and stared at the crowd in front of me. For the first time, I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless. I felt stupid. I felt… vulnerable. Suddenly, a hand grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me back. The door was slammed shut. It was Sehun. He glared at me. He was angry. Very angry. His face was inches from mine. His hair was messy and dripping with water from the shower. He looked pretty hot. My cheeks felt hot.
 
"Follow me." He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards what I assumed was his room. He closed the door and turned to me.
 
"Why did you open the door?" He was trying to remain calm.
 
"Someone knocked.
 
"You should know by now that reporters would be outside."
 
"It's rude to ignore a knock on the door."
 
Sehun looked away from me. "Do you not realise that you are in exo's dorm and not just any other unit? Even the dumbest person would know better than to open the door." He was obviously trying not to raise his voice. 
 
"Fine, then I'm dumber than the dumbest person."
 
Sehun opened his mouth, probably to scream at me, but he stopped. "Fine, you know what? You opening the stupid door is going to get all over the Internet and it's your responsibility. You will explain to Mr Kim yourself. I'm not involved. Now get out."
 
I left for my own dorm. I was pissed but I knew he was right. I called Lee Won.
 
Lee Won looked at me with disappointment written all over his face. Mr Kim just looked upset. "I'm sorry for causing this mess." I apologized and I meant it. Mr Kim sighed. "Are you ready to show yourself to the public? It's impossible to hide you from the public any longer. The reporters even have photos of you." I nodded. It was my own fault. I was just too proud to admit that I was wrong in front of Sehun. Mr Kim's voice interrupted my thoughts. "We will announce to hold a press conference tomorrow at 1pm. I will make sure you have a stylist to help you get ready and look presentable in front of the crowd so there is no need for you to worry." I thanked the both of them before leaving the office.
 
Jaehyo put down the iPad and smirked. "Chloe, I know you're stupid but really? Answering the door like that?"
 
He was looking at the news about me. I pouted. "Come on, my mood is bad enough. I don't need you to ruin it even more."
 
 Jaehyo laughed and pulled me in for a quick hug. "Sorry, okay? But you're still stupid. You know that. Good luck tomorrow!" Jaehyo slapped my back and walked away.
 
I stared at his back, fuming. I can't believe stupid Chloe actually dated this guy before. I was an idiot before. Now that I think of it, I'm still an idiot for signing the stupid contract and getting into all sorts of messes. 
 
Today was the day of the press conference. To be honest, I was a little excited. I had never gone to a press conference before. I had no idea what to wear. It would be a better idea to appear elegant and presentable. I paced around the room wondering what to wear. Suddenly, my phone rang. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"Miss Yoo! Are you ready?" It was Lee Won. I gulped. 
 
"Um, no... Am I late?"
 
I could tell Lee Won was smiling on the phone.
 
"Nope! It's actually a good thing. The CEO actually hired stylists to get your hair, clothes and make-up done today so you will look beautiful and gain the affection of the public."
 
I gasped. The CEO put all this together for me even though all I did was cause trouble for both EXO and the company. Lee Won's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. 
 
"Please come to the press conference venue as soon as possible."
 
He told me the address and I quickly got dress before heading out. I thought of not wearing any make-up since they were going to doll me up later on anyway. Thank goodness there were no reporters hanging outside today. I managed to get to the venue safely.