Chapter 21

Hired
Yoo Mi adjusted my ponytail once again. "You look A-OK, cutie!" She smiled and pushed me towards the mirror. I was preparing for my appearance on Happy Together. To be honest, I felt rather nervous. Lee Won told me to think through the things I wanted to say but I didn't really listen to him. One of the MCs, Yoo Jae Suk, came over and greeted me. "This is your first time. Are you okay?" I bowed and gave him my best smile. "Yes! I'll do my best today." He gave me a friendly pat on the back and said, "Just don't be so nervous and you will do fine."
 
Just as I expected, question after question about Sehun and me were fired at my way. "How is your relationship?" "How do you go on dates without being discovered?" "How do you feel about having a public relationship?" Many jokes were made in the midst of asking these questions so I felt a little less nervous. I managed to think up of answers on the spot so I got away with the questions safely.
 
"You did great, Miss Yoo!" Yoo Mi came forward and flung her arms around me after wrapping up the last recording. I smiled at her. Yoo Mi was a really sweet woman. "How about having lunch with me tomorrow? You're free, right?" I opened my mouth to speak but my phone rang. "Uh, sure! Just let me answer this call." I checked my phone. My mother had called. I groaned silently and walked out of the studio before picking up the call. 
 
"Hi mom.."
 
"Chloe! Why have I not heard from you? Have you broke up with that boy?"
 
"Uhm, no..."
 
"I'm sorry about what happened at the hotel the other day, but you really should listen to your mother. You do know that he's using you, don't you?"
 
"I don't want to marry that weird man!" I yelled and hung up. I would cancel the contract, but the thought of marrying some rich man disgusted me. Who the heck does my mother think she is, making me marry whoever the she likes?
 
Someone was pressing the car honk non stop. I looked up, annoyed. "Just shut the fu- huh?" Right in front of me, Sehun sat at the wheel. What even?
 
Sehun patted the passenger seat. 
 
"Get in."
 
"Why."
 
"I'm taking you out to dinner."
 
"I can eat with the crew."
 
"Why don't you eat with Sehun?"
 
I gulped. That was Avery's voice. She stood at the entrance. Yoo Mi appeared behind her. "Yup! You should spend some time with him. We could always explain to the others." She smiled brightly. 
 
I turned back to Sehun. He had a smirk on his face as his shrugged. I sighed in defeat. There was no way out of this. 
 
Sehun brought me to an Italian restaurant.
 
"Huh... I've never heard of any of these cuisines before." Sehun smiled. "The pastas here are really great. You may want to try the aglio olio." "Ahh, then I'll have one."
 
After the waiter took our orders, Sehun spoke up. "Uh, are you and your mom okay?" I sighed, "She still wants me to marry her American guy."
 
"Is she still in Korea?"
 
"Yeah, the call was local. She may be living at our Korea residence."
 
Sehun shrugged. The waiter came to our table and placed our food in front of us. It looked delicious. I quickly picked up my food and dug in. 
 
"This is really good! Its a little spicy but the taste is still great. How is yours?" I reached over and grabbed a spoonful from Sehun's plate. "Kya, this is so good! The texture is just perfect!" I exclaimed.
 
Sehun laughed softly. That was when I realised I was practically pigging out in front of him. My face flushed in embarrassment. He grinned. "Has anyone told you you look cute when you eat?"
 
I blushed even harder. "What are you saying..." Sehun ignored me and continued eating. Dinner continued in an awkward silence. 
 
Sehun drove me back to our dorm. We stopped in front of my door.
 
"What did you think of today's little date?"
 
"It was fine... Thank you so much for the food."
 
"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Sehun blushed slightly. He looked a little cute. I smiled. "Yup, bye."
 
Suddenly, Sehun bent down and pecked my cheek. My face turned red immediately. "Uhm.. Sehun?" Sehun avoided my gaze but I could tell he was embarrassed. "See you tomorrow," he said and quickly headed to his dorm. As the door to his dorm slammed shut, my fingers unconsiously touched the area Sehun's lips had touched. What in the world happened?