Chapter 30

Hired

Sehun's POV

"I... I am at a loss for words."

For the first time Mr Kim was speechless. I guess I had really outdone myself this time.

"I don't understand why you did something like this. It was very rash of you. I...I am disappointed in you, Sehun."

"I'm sorry," that was all I could say.

"It is already late. we will handle this tomorrow. You must be tired."

"Thank you."

I left the office feeling completely worn out. 

After what felt like twenty years later, I made it back to the dormitory and collapsed onto the bed. There was a knock on the door. "Argh, go away..." I said. I was too tired to yell. The door opened anyway. It was Chanyeol.

"Hyung, what do you want? Go to bed," I sighed.

Chanyeol scowled. "So you just blew it like that, huh."

I did not respond.

"And you don't care despite the fact that you may never see her again?" Chanyeol continued.

"I guess..."

There was a brief moment of silence.

"...You're an idiot." Chanyeol mumbled and turned to leave quickly.

"Hey, at least close the door..." My voice trailed off and I fell into a deep slumber before i could finish my sentence.

Chloe’s POV

Yoo Mi’s house was huge. The sitting room, kitchen and the pool covered the first floor, the bedroom covered the second and her studio covered the third. Most of the furniture was black and white or made of glass, giving the place a modern and sophisticated feel.

“Every girl deserves a beautiful house,” Yoo Mi winked when she saw me gaping at the sight.

“It’s beautiful,” I complimented. Yoo Mi clapped her hands together. “No time for chatter, you look like a wreck! Take a bath and pamper yourself! You really need a break from everything that happened today,” She said as she pushed me towards the bathroom.

“But…” I started to protest but she cut me off as usual. “What are you expecting? I’m Yoo Mi, of course I have everything prepared! I already laid out your clothes. You can’t go to sleep in that dress!” She scoffed.

“T-Thank you.”

I filled the bath. I felt bad, but I knew Yoo Mi would not have it if I just took a shower. My tired muscles instantly relaxed when I dipped myself into the lukewarm water. I recalled the events that took place that night. After Sehun announced the truth about our contract, everything was a blur. I remembered my ears ringing non-stop as Sehun and I rushed to leave the crowd. I was so confused as to what was going on. Things were happening so fast and before I knew it, I was already in Yoo Mi’s car. I did not even say goodbye so Sehun. I wondered what was going to happen the next day.

Yoo Mi handed me a steaming mug of tea. “It’s decaffeinated, so you don’t have to worry about being unable to sleep.” I nodded. The tea soothed my dry and painful throat. I sighed. “What’s wrong, cutie?” Yoo Mi asked.

“Nothing much, I’m just exhausted,” I half-lied. I sighed partially because I was tired, but it was really because I was afraid of what was to come the next day. Not only was SM and EXO’s reputation going to be tarnished, but if my mother found out, she would never forgive me. And Jaehyo… I wonder what Jaehyo had to say about this.

“Chin up, princess. You’ll be fine! After all, you have me by your side!” She placed her arms around my shoulders. “Thank you, Yoo Mi…” I smiled weakly. Yoo Mi stood up. “You must be tired. Let’s just forget everything for now and go to bed!” She grinned. Yoo Mi was always so bright and she never seemed disappointed by anything, I wish I was her for once.