Chapter 25

Hired

I had 3 missed calls. 2 were from Jaehyo. 1 from Sehun. My heart skipped a beat at Sehun's name. I had no idea why. I shook the thoughts out of my head and sighed. No matter how i try to forget my problems, they always seem to find a back to my life. 

"Jaehyo oppa, why did you call me?"

"I just wanted to check if you were all right. Where were you?"

"I was with Yoo Mi. I'm sorry for not picking up."

"Oh, its okay. Sleep well tonight. You need a break."

"Thanks." I stared at Sehun's name on my phone. I took a deep breath before pressing the call button. 

"Oh, Chloe."

"What did you call me for?"

"About the contract... have you really cancelled it?"

"Uh, no.. Mr Kim doesn't allow me to. But it may be switched to a 4 month contract instead."

"Oh... Thats a relief."

"Anything else you want to ask?"

"Nope. Uh... Good night."

My heart sank. For some reason, I wanted this conversation to continue. "Good night," I said softly and hung up, a strange, empty feeling forming at the pit of my stomach. 

Sehun's POV

My fingers danced around the keyboard. I wanted to call Chloe, but I didn't want to seem stupid. "You know you want to, so do it," I foolishly listened to my subconscious and dialled Chloe's number. By the time I realised what I had done, the call had already gotten through. I felt like slapping myself. 

"The customer you have dialed is currently not available, please try again later," I threw my phone onto the bed in frustration. This was embarrassing. 

The door bell rang. 

"Oh, hyung!" Lu Han was at the door. "You're back from the tour?" Lu Han shrugged. "We came back for the Christmas party, did you forget?" I mentally slapped myself. How could I forget about the party? "Kind of," I muttered. Lu Han laughed. "I'll leave in a while, the members are waiting for me back at the dorm."

My phone vibrated. It was a call from Chloe. I immediately picked up. Lu Han looked at me, eager to listen to the conversation.

"Oh, Chloe."

"What did you call me for?"

"About the contract... have you really cancelled it?"

"Uh, no.. Mr Kim doesn't allow me to. But it may be switched to a 4 month contract instead."

I immediately felt disappointed. "Oh... Thats a relief."

"Anything else you want to ask?"

"Nope. Uh... Good night."

Lu Han shot me a quizzical look. "Chloe? What did she say about the contract?"

"Two months left.." I told him. Lu Han sighed and sat down beside me.

"You know, if you really like her, you should grab her. Tell her not to cancel this contract. Don't let her walk away like that." He patted my back. I shrugged him off. "I like her... as a friend." I scowled, but my eyes darted around the room, looking at anywhere except at Lu Han.

Lu Han was obviously unconvinced. "Stop lying to yourself, Sehun! Seriously, I don't know what to do with you." He crossed his arms, looking annoyed. "You should go," i said and walked over to open the door.

"Remember what I said. And come over with K to our dorm any time," Lu Han smiled and walked off.

Chloe and I are just friends. Our relationship is a contract, in other words, a business relationship. The intimacy and skinship is just for show, we harbor no feelings for each other. Or, am I just lying to myself?