Chapter 1

Hired
Two mugs of latte were placed on the table. I gave the waiter a slight nod before turning back to my iPad.
 
"Chloe."
 
"Chloe Chloe Chloe Chloe Chloe. Are you ignoring me? Chloe Chloe Chloe Chloe."
 
"Oppa, stop bothering me. I don't want to talk to anyone."
 
"Chloe don't ignore me."
 
I pressed the lock button on the iPad.
 
"What do you want?"
 
"For you to answer me."
 
"I already answered."
 
"That's not counted!"
 
"Look, Jaehyo. I'm tired. I need a break. I brought you out so that you can keep me company, not bother me."
 
Jaehyo leaned forward. "Fine. Looks like someone ate a grumpy pill today." He tickled my chin. "Ah, go away." I pushed his hand away and stood up. Jaehyo sat back and crossed his arms. "Leaving?" I nodded and grabbed my bag and walked out of the cafe. Like a boss. 
 
It has been two months since I graduated high school. I wanted to picture myself as mature. Classy. Sophisticated. I took up a part-time job at a boutique. There was not much to do there. Just stand around and greet customers politely. Jaehyo is my best friend since middle school. He is the best friend I've ever had. Most of my friends lost contact with me but he hasn't. We meet up often like at the cafe just now. Don't get me wrong, I don't ignore him like that. It's just I had a bad day that morning. I missed the bus and got scolded by my boss. It was just not the right time for him to tease me. 
 
I walked through the immense crowd, trying to get back to the boutique. I looked at my watch. It was 1.50pm. Ten minutes to my shift. 
 
"." I muttered. 
 
Someone grabbed me. I turned around. It was a small guy. He had gigantic glasses on although his face was really small. Not really nerdy but more of cute. He scanned me from top to bottom. "Hmm.. Let's see. Good body, nice complexion, young, pretty." He was muttering to himself.
 
"Who are you?"
 
"Please follow me." He said, pointing to a car parked by the side of the road. I looked at him skeptically. The car looked pretty new and fancy. 
 
"No. Who are you?"
 
"Please follow me." He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the car. 
 
What the fu-
 
"Hey! What are you doing?" Before I knew it, I was in the car. Cute guy hopped in after me and slammed the door shut. I realised that someone else was driving the car. I couldn't tell who it was. He was wearing sunglasses. 
 
"Can you at least tell me where we are going?"
 
Cute guy handed me a business card.
 
"You're from SM Entertainment?"
 
Cute guy nodded. 
 
"But I'm not even talented! How can you even scout someone like me? Gosh, you su-"
 
Cute guy shushed me up. "No, you'll see later."
 
The car pulled over in front of the SM Entertainment building. I stared at it in awe. Was this where SHINee, Super Junior and all the other pop stars trained? I had to admit, I was impressed. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of kpop. I didn't even know who Girl's Generation was until Jaehyo told me about it. But then again, what was I here for?
 
"Please follow me." Cute guy led me into the building. We took the elevator up to the last floor. "Wow," I muttered. Cute guy smiled.
 
We stepped into a huge office. It was the bigger than the size of my house! Do people need such big offices? Cute guy led me to what looked like a lounge. "Please take a seat. Mr Kim will be here shortly." I nodded politely. Cute guy left the room. I looked around. The place looked really chic.
 
"Sup."
 
I jumped. I realised someone else was at the lounge. He was looking at me. He was really good-looking, but not my type.
 
"Who are you?"
 
The guy looked surprise. "You don't know me? I'm Sehun."
 
I raised my eyebrows. "Sehun? I don't know any Sehun."
 
The guy called Sehun looked like he was doing a mental facepalm. I stared at him. "Exo. You know exo? I'm Sehun from exo." "Huh? Yeah. I heard of exo, but there is a Sehun in exo?"
 
Another facepalm.
 
The guy called Sehun looked annoyed. "Yes, there is a Sehun in exo and I am Sehun from exo."
 
"Oh." At that moment, cute guy entered again, along with another man. The guy called Sehun stood up and bowed. Instinctively, I did the same. The man sat down and cute guy stood beside him.
 
"Greetings, I am Kim Young Min, the CEO of SM Entertainment." He stuck out his hand. I returned the gesture. "My name is Chloe Yoo." The guy called Sehun raised his eyebrows at me. "Chloe, huh?" I ignored him. "May I ask why I was brought here?"
 
Cute guy placed a stack of paper on the table. I took a closer look and gulped. It was a contract.
 
"Miss Yoo, not to worry. You are not hired as a trainee, but you have a different job. I am hiring you to be Sehun's girlfriend."
 
I coughed. Sehun? Isn't he the guy in the same room as me now?
 
Sehun sat up. "This is getting interesting." I stared at him.
 
"Miss Yoo, please take a look at the contract."
 
I picked up the stack of paper and read through it. 
 
What the fu-
 
"Excuse me? Sehun's girlfriend for six months?"
 
"Yes."
 
"And what about my expenses? This contract says that I have to live next to exo's dormitory for six months. How am I going to survive?"
 
"Miss Yoo, I see you have not read the contract properly... All your living expenses will be paid within the timeframe except for your own other expenses. Other than that, everything else will be paid by SM Entertainment."
 
"And what happens after the six months?"
 
"You and Sehun announce your break up. However, SM will hold the press conference. There is no need for you to come. And you move back to your own apartment. You and SM Entertainment will no longer share any form of connection."
 
I stared at the contract. "What do you think?" I could feel Sehun staring at me. I frowned. 
 
"No."