Chapter 24

Hired

Please tell me this isn't happening. It's all just a bad dream. Jaehyo doesn't want you back. Please. 

I blinked. No, this wasn't a dream. "I don't know, why..."

Jaehyo sighed. "I realised how jealous I was of you and Sehun. I actually didn't want you to sign that contract. I really made a stupid mistake. I want you back, Chloe."

"How do I..." I never thought Jaehyo was serious. I only thought we dated for fun. 

"You don't have to give me an answer now. Just think about it," he smiled. He gave my hand a slight squeeze before letting go and standing up to leave. 

I headed back to the dorm in a daze. Coincidently, Sehun was just heading out. Our eyes met. I didn't say a word. Or rather, I couldn't. Sehun shot me a small smile before turning away, but that smile couldn't hide the hint of sadness behind those eyes. 

I collapsed onto my bed. Staring at the ceiling, I tried to sort out my thoughts. First, my mother wants me to marry that cocky boy. Second, I asked to cancel the contract but Sehun is not happy about it. Third, Jaehyo wants to start over with me. Basically, I can't call anyone right now. Yoo Mi and Avery would be working, I can't possibly call Sehun or Jaehyo. I don't know which exo member I could consult... I'm not close to Kai, Suho or Kyung Soo, Baekhyun was the kind who would probably tell Sehun everything I said about him. I could call Chanyeol, but it would be so embarrassing…

Before I could dial his number, my phone rang. I groaned.

I was in the building for the third time today. 

Mr Kim sighed. "How am I going to let you cancel this contract if you keep on causing so much trouble?" I saw it coming. Lee Won showed me the article about me and Elton's date at the cafe. It was only hours after that happened and it was already published online. 

"Look, Miss Yoo. I understand that this relationship is a contract, but that doesn't mean you can go around seeing other men as and when you like. You need to be on your guard, Miss Yoo."

"Yes, but-"

"But nothing. I will clear up this mess. In the meantime, I don't think I can agree to cancelling your contract."

"At least make it a little shorter? 4 months, please?" I hated the desperate tone in my voice, but I really wanted to cancel this contract. At least I think I do. 

"I'll think about it. Let us leave this discussion to another day."

I stood up and thanked the both of them. I was about to leave when Mr Kim spoke up. "By the way... the Christmas party is next Friday, you do know right?"

Nobody told me about a Christmas party. "Yes.." I lied. Christmas party? What was it like? Yoo Mi came to my mind immediately. I quickly called her.

"Chloe! What do you need? Clothing ideas? New haircut? Makeover? I'll come right away!"
 
I laughed. "Relax. I just want to ask about the Christmas party. We'll meet tonight? At the salon."

"Okay!" I scrambled to look for an outfit after hanging up. Yoo Mi was a stylist. I definitely have to look presentable in front of her. I smiled. This could keep my mind off my problems for awhile.

"Ahh, the big party every year!" Yoo Mi squealed, "its always so exciting, the theme for each year! I've always done Tiffany's makeup and outfit for the past few years, but this year I think I want to do it for you!"

"What will it be like? Do I have to go all out?"

"You seem very excited about this party, though."

I sighed. "I've never gone to any of the parties my parents were invited to.." Yoo Mi gasped. "You have no idea what you're missing! Okay, I've decided. This year I'm dressing you up. Don't worry, I got your back covered!" Yoo Mi winked. I laughed and thanked her. 

She rambled on and on about the party last year and how it had a masquerade theme. She talked about the boring speech, the toast, the dance, and the highlight of the party - 'best-dressed' idol. Yoo Mi boasted about how Tiffany won last year. "This year, I'll make you the winner!" She slapped my back.