Chapter 8

Hired
Sehun and I made our way to the stage. Reporters were seated in neat rows off stage. I gripped onto Sehun's hand tighter. "Are you afraid?" He asked. "It is a little overwhelming." He squeezed my hand gently. It didn't help. My pulse quickened. Mr Kim gave a me reassuring smile as he headed up the stage before us. He took the microphone and began his speech. 
 
"As you know, I am here to present something important. Sehun is currently in a relationship with Miss Yoo In Hae, a high school graduate. Today, In Hae is ready to meet the public and show herself. As this is her first time attending such an event, I would like you to be gentle and not press her too hard on questions. Sehun and Miss Yoo will try their best to answer as many questions as possible. Please welcome them."
 
As soon and Sehun and I walked up the stage, cameras started flashing wildly. Sehun gestured towards the crowd and smiled. "Smile," he hissed at me. I groaned silently and put on my best fake smile before taking a seat. 
 
"I believe we have answered enough questions for today. Thank you for your time." Lee Won quickly guided us off the stage before any reporters could get to us.
 
Lee Won pushed us and I stumbled into the dressing room along with Sehun. The stylist who gave me the dress clapped her hands together. "How was it, my beautiful girl?" She squealed. "Awkward..." Avery came up to me and pushed me to the dressing room. "Change into this." She threw a dress over the door. I grumbled before putting on the fabric.
 
Sehun's POV
 
As soon as the door to the changing room was shut Yoo Mi turned to me with a smirk on her face. "She's pretty, isn't she? Your face tells it all." I rolled my eyes. But Yoo Mi was right. Chloe Yoo looked beautiful. Yoo Mi cackled. "Look at your face! You're blushing! You like her so much, don't you? Ah, I should make a request to Mr Kim and become Miss Yoo's stylist." I grumbled. Yoo Mi was so annoying. The door clicked open and Chloe stepped out. She had changed into a different dress. I grabbed her hand. "Lets get out of here." Chloe waved goodbye to Yoo Mi and Avery before following me. 
 
Chloe's POV
 
Sehun pulled me out of the dressing room before letting go. We headed to the entrance where Lee Won was waiting. "Be careful, the media is still outside. We will have to make our way through the crowd." I gulped. Sehun placed his hands around my waist. "What the fu-" Sehun smiled. "It's for show, idiot. Besides, you could calm down a little." The three of us made our way out of the building. 
 
Reporters swarmed the area. I tried to hide behind the body guards but Sehun pulled me closer to him. "Fake a smile," He whispered into my ear before facing the crowd again. I could feel my heart thumping against my chest as I forced a smile. He was acting so close... But then again, this was all for show.
 
"Sehun and Yoo In Hae!
 
"The couple has finally made their appearance together for the first time after the announcement that Sehun is dating! At the press conference yesterday, the couple has answered some of their questions such as how long they have dated and how they had met. Miss Yoo In Hae has also revealed her age to be 20, one year older than Sehun himself. She has also revealed that the rumors about her living just next door of EXO's dorm is true. We look forward to the couples' appearance in future!"
 
I scrolled to look at the comments. Most of them carried negative messages while a few actually send their blessings. I felt guilty because they were actually happy for something that was not real. The phone rang. 
 
"Hello, Yoo In Hae speaking," I groaned into the phone. "Chloe!" It was Jaehyo. I gulped. I haven't contacted him yesterday. He must be annoyed. "Jaehyo..." "Hey, you brat! You didn't call me yesterday! I saw the news. You looked really pretty." I could almost see him smirk over the phone. I rolled my eyes. "Why yes, I didn't style myself. You could have just tell me straight in the face instead." "Can we meet later? I want you to tell me everything!" "Fine." I hung up and sighed. I haven't seen Sehun today either. I quickly got dressed and left the house. 
 
A group of girls blocked my way. They were in school uniforms. "What are you doing outside my house." One of them spoke up. "Are you Yoo In Hae?" "Yes. What do you want." The group of girls scowled. "That's the rude who took my Sehun!" One of them shrieked. Before I knew it, I was egged. I gasped as I looked down. My dress was stained and there were bits of shell in my hair. "You know we're not done until you give us back our Sehun oppa." The group of girls took out another bag full of eggs. I braced myself for another disgusting shower.
 
Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I looked up and saw a pair of eyes. "Sehun!" I gasped. There were bits of shell in his hair as well. He let go of me and turned around. The group of girls looked shock. "Oppa! Oh my god! Oppa! Give me an autograph! Please!" They gushed as they tried to surround Sehun. Sehun backed away and pulled me in for another hug. I felt my cheeks grew red. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp but he pulled me in even tighter. "You girls will never get an autograph from me. How dare you try to hurt my girlfriend? I don't like fans like you. If you want to hurt someone, hurt me, not my girlfriend. The group of girls pouted. "But she's a , oppa. We just want to-" "What do you know about her?" Sehun growled. He let go of me and tucked my hair behind my ear with one hand. His other hand cupped my cheek. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded slightly. Sehun turned back to the girls. "Don't come here again," he warned. The girls nodded in defeat and left.
 
As soon as they left, Sehun put his hands down and led me to his dorm. He went into the bathroom and took out two towels. He tossed one at me. I caught it on the fly before settling down on the sofa. Sehun sat on the space beside me. "Thank you about earlier..." I began. "I'm just doing my duty as your boyfriend. Go out by the back door next time. You wouldn't want to experience that again." He shrugged. I gulped. "Jaehyo!" He looked at me skeptically. "Who's Jaehyo?" "My friend. I'm suppose to meet him." I stood up to leave but Sehun grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. "Forget it. You can't go out like that. Just take a bath. I can lend you my shirt." I felt embarrassed at his statement but nodded anyway.