Chapter 26

Hired

Wednesday was okay. I had several interviews for shows. Sehun and I exchanged greetings and occasionally a civil conversation. Jaehyo sent me several messages, some of which I didn't reply. 

Thursday was better. I had gotten to know Kai better. I had bumped into him on the set of Music Core. It seemed Exo had come to cheer on Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chen.

"Hi, Yoo In Hae." He had greeted me politely. I returned the gesture with a smile. "Have you come to cheer on our members?" He asked. Honestly, part of me had come to cheer on them, the other part only came in hopes of seeing Sehun. I wasn't sure of how to answer, so I just nodded. We exchanged conversations, mostly about Exo and Sehun. He was nicer than I had expected after we had come across each other at the dorm and in China.

"Do you like Sehun a lot? You don't seem very close as I thought." The question he asked had thrown me off guard. I had to remember he didn't know about the contract. "W-what are you t-talking about? We're okay! We're just busy with our own things. B-but don't worry, we're perfectly alright." I stuttered as I thought of the contract while I spoke. Kai chuckled. "Relax, just making sure Sehun is taking good care of you.  If he isn't, tell me and I'll deal with him. Who knows, one day you may be my sister-in-law." I felt my cheeks burning. This was embarrassing. "What are you saying?"

Kai laughed. "See you around," he waved and and walked away, leaving me alone in the hallway. 

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. I spent the 4 days doing the usual. Interviews, small conversations with Sehun, greeting Exo members whenever they passed by, replying some of Jaehyo's messages and painfully waiting for Mr Kim to discuss about the contract. He said he had made several changes to the contract and we had to resign it. Tuesday was that day. 

Sehun was already there when I arrived. "Good afternoon.." I greeted him apprehensively and sat down next to him. He only nodded in reply. We spent a few minutes in silence, waiting for Mr Kim. 

He and Lee Won entered the room. Lee Won placed the contract on the table. "Besides the duration, I have also added some conditions into the contract. Please read it."

I picked up the stack of paper. 

1. Both parties must never mention about the contract in public

2. Both parties are not allowed to see anyone

I groaned. The second point was an obvious indirect to me and Elton.

3. The woman's relationship with the Exo members must be kept strictly professional

4. The man's relationship with the woman's acquaintances must be kept strictly professional

5. Both parties are not allowed to love or fall in love with each other

If any of the above conditions are violated, the contract will be terminated immediately. 

I gulped and glanced at Sehun. His expression could't be read. Mr Kim cleared his throat. "Will you sign it?"

I slowly picked up the pen and traced my signature over the line. Sehun did the same. 

"Please keep a copy for yourself. I wish for this contract to go on smoothly until it is over."  Mr Kim stood up. "And, Mr Lee Soo Man will be at the party as well, so I expect good conduct from you, Miss Yoo." I nodded and turned to leave, gripping onto the contract tightly.

"Chloe."

Sehun ran up to me. My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"Your schedule is free now, right?" He asked. 

"Yeah, why?"

He smirked and placed an arm around my shoulder. "I'm taking you out on a date. Let's go."

I opened my mouth to protest. "But I didn't even say if I want to!" He continued walking forward. "I take that as a yes." He said. 

I huffed. "You're not okay." He ignored me and flagged a cab. Why can't I just say no? I'm such a pushover. I hate it. 

"Hey, aren't you Oh Sehun? My daughter is crazy over you!" The driver asked. I looked at Sehun nervously. He laughed. "You're mistaken. I'm not Sehun, but I do get that all the time." "Tch." I rolled my eyes. 

The cab pulled up in front of a shopping mall. Christmas ornaments were hung all around. It surprised me. Christmas was just around the corner. Sehun put on his sunglasses and placed the cap he was wearing on me. He laced his fingers around mine. I looked down. I felt something strange around my stomach.

Sehun pulled me into a toy store. I gaped at the adorable toys in sight. One of the toys caught my eye. It was a snowman with button eyes and a carrot nose. It was the cutest thing that was ever invented. "I want that, its so cute.." I whispered. Unfortunately, Sehun heard me. He smirked. "You're cuter."

"What?"

Sehun's cheeks were slowly turning pink under the christmas lights. "I mean.."

He was interrupted by a phone call. He groaned. "Hyung! What do you want?" He hung up after a few minutes. "I have to get back. Sorry about that." He apologised. My heart sank. "If its work, then it can't be helped.." I muttered. Sehun wuickly wrapped his arms around me before leaving. I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks. When he was out of sight, I cupped my face quickly. Why am I like this? I quickly left the store. 

"Chloe?"

I sighed inwardly. Jaehyo just had to be here when I'm about to leave.