Chapter 17

Hired
We were interrupted by my phone. Sehun smirked and snatched the phone away from me before I could answer it. He set the phone on speaker mode. 
 
"Chloe!"
 
Jaehyo's voice rang through the room. I mentally slapped myself. Sehun was trying not to laugh. 
 
"Chloe! You're on TV! And you just kissed your contract partner! Are you drunk? I thought it wasn't a serious offer! Did you lie to me? You ! I don't even know whether I should burst out laughing or crying!" Jaehyo shrieked. Sehun smirked at me. I groaned. 
 
Before I could snatch my phone back, Sehun yelled into the speaker phone. "This is Chloe Yoo's contract partner. Are you Jaehyo?"
 
"Why hell yes I am! Do you have any idea what you have done? This news will spread all over the world and if Chloe's mom finds out, she so ing de-"
 
"Jaehyo!" I shrieked. Too late. Sehun heard it all. He turned to look at me with a frown. "Were you nervous all this time because of your mother?" I looked down. "Um… partially. But it was also because it was my first…" 
 
I realised Sehun had hung up the phone. He sighed in frustration. "You should have told me earlier. I wouldn't have agreed…" I pouted. "It was because you were toturing me with your, I don't know, weird kisses? Whatever! It was because of that that I didn't get a chance to tell you…" Sehun laughed. "Toturing you, huh? I guess it is my fault then."
 
I gulped. "Sehun?" He leaned in towards me and smirked. "Hmm… I could repay you in different ways, you know. I can toture you even more or we can just continue from where we left off on the couch the other day. After all, we are just best friends, aren't we?" I gulped again. Was the other day the day we agreed to be friends? My heart raced wildly. "You're blushing. You like the latter option, huh?"
 
I crept towards the edge of the bed. Since when was Sehun so bold? I had to admit I liked this part of him as well…  bold, exciting and full of thrills. My thoughts were interrupted by Sehun pinning me to the bed. His face was an inch away from mine. His hot breath tickled my skin once again. "Best friends kiss each other, right?" He asked. I blushed. What kind of question was that? Sehun snorted and climbed off me. "What were you thinking? That's just gross. I won't ever do that. I sat up. "But you just did it in front of the crowd today-" "Because I have to?" Sehun interrupted my sentence. "Besides, your lips were cracked and dry. And the lipstick tasted disgusting." He scoffed. I pouted. "You're being annoying…"
 
Sehun rolled over to face me. "Anyway, tell me about your mom." He said, curiosity written all over his face. I sighed. "She's American. My father is a Korean, that's why I have such a strange name. My mother wants me to stay in America with her but she doesn't understand what I want…" I looked down, a bit upset at the mention of my mother. "What do you want?" Sehun asked. "…A normal life. A normal life with the ones I love. If I move to America, my mother will make me marry a rich man just for her own luxury. She doesn't care about my happiness. My father just goes along with everything my mother says…"
 
Sehun inched closer to me. "I'm an obstacle to your happiness, aren't I? I don't have a normal life at all. I live a hectic one and I dragged you in…" He looked disappointed.
 
I shook my head. "No, this was the choice I made. It's my own problem. And what's life without any obstacles? It's kind of fun. After all, we're just best friends aren't we? Best friends can have fun." I smiled. Sehun smirked. "Best friends with the strangest relationship anyone can imagine."