Chapter 9

Prince and the Beast

 

“You don’t have to carry me, you know?” You mumbled as you leaned your head against Kikwang’s head.

Kikwang slightly tilted his head, “You have a light sprain with you right ankle.”

“Light sprain.” You repeated, “Therefore, I can still walk.”

Kikwang pushed you upward, making you frown since you knew he was ignoring you. With a sigh, you tighten your hand around Kikwang.

“W-wah!” Kikwang blushed but you couldn’t see it.

“What are you so freaked out about? Seriously, you’ve been acting so weird lately.” You furrowed your eyebrows.

“It’s nothing.” Kikwang cleared his throat.

“Uh-huh, like I believe you.” You poked Kikwang’s left cheek.

Kikwang looked away, “Stop it, ~~~~.”

“Why? What do you want me to stop?” You by continuing to poke his cheek.

“~~~~.” Kikwang turned his head toward you.

Kikwang stopped walking when he noticed how close your face was to his. You blankly stared at him as you notice Kikwang was turning bright red. You slightly smiled as you blew air at Kikwang’s face.

“Ah!” Kikwang jerked back when he felt your cool breath on his lips.

“Hahaha!” You laughed at his reaction, “Your reaction is like a girl.”

“W-what was that for?” Kikwang stared at you with a hurt look.

“I’m sorry but I couldn’t help it. I just thought I should cool you down since you were turning red. You know, you’ve been turning red a lot lately. Has puberty done something to you?” You joked.

Kikwang started walking again, “Puberty hit a long time ago.”

“Really? Cause I can’t tell.” You leaned back to trace Kikwang’s back, “This back of yours, hm…slightly wider than I last remember.”

“~~~~!” Kikwang yelled as he stopped walking away.

You pulled your hand back, shocked at Kikwang raising his voice. You slightly pushed Kikwang away to make him put you down but Kikwang refused to.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you.” Kikwang apologized.

Kikwang could tell how shock you were and he was deeply sorry for scaring you. This was the second time he had ever yelled at you even though he swore to himself that he would never do it again.

“~~~~, I’m sorry.” Kikwang turned back to look at you only to see you looking scared of him.

“Put me down.” You whispered.

“~~~~, I-“

“Put me down!” You were on the verge of crying.

Kikwang reluctantly put you down, “I didn’t mean to.”

“I’m going home.” You limped away.

Kikwang reached his hand out to stop you but knew he couldn’t stop you. Kikwang sadly looked down at his feet, apologizing to you over and over again.

=========

You, thirteen years old now, was standing outside Kikwang’s apartment. You came to check up on him since he wasn’t at school. Although his parents were at work, you knew that Kikwang was inside.

The door slightly opened, “What?”

“Why didn’t you come to school?” You asked as you made your way inside.

“I didn’t feel like it.” Kikwang shrugged, “You should leave.”

“Why?” You turned back to face Kikwang.

Kikwang refused to meet you eyes as he passed you, “I want to be alone right now.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t leave you alone especially with you like that.” You said.

“What about you?! You always run away from me when you want to be alone! Why is it any different when I am doing the same thing as you?!” Kikwang yelled at you.

You took a step back, shocked to hear him yell for the first time, “Kikwang.”

“Are you here to pity me since the girl I like rejected me in front of everyone?! Huh?! Is it really that amusing to make fun of me?!” Kikwang took a step toward you with angry eyes.

“W-what are you talking about? You’re scaring me, Kikwang.” You flinched as Kikwang came closer to you.

You had no idea what Kikwang was even talking about. You were worried since he didn’t come to class even though you guys walked together to school.

“It’s all because of you! She didn’t want to be with me because of a beast like you! I should have never talked to you!” Kikwang picked up the vase beside him and threw it towards you.

You managed to dodge just in time but as the vase smashed into the wall besides you, parts of the broken vase flew and cut you. You stood there shocked as blood trickled down your cheek.

“I hate you!! You’re not my friend!! You hear me, I hate you! You’re just a beast!” Kikwang screamed at you.

Tears rolled down your face as you looked up at the angry Kikwang. Your heart pained to see the friendly Kikwang glaring at you, as if you were not even a human. Seeing you cry in front of him, Kikwang finally realized what just happened.

“~~~~?” Kikwang reached his hand out to you.

You flinched, afraid of what Kikwang was going to do. Just as Kikwang took a step towards you, you ran out of the apartment.

“~~~~!” Kikwang ran after you.

You were crying as you tried to run away from Kikwang. You were too scared to face him.

“~~~~! Stop, I’m sorry!” Kikwang shouted.

You flinched as you covered your ears so that you wouldn’t hear Kikwang. Suddenly, Kikwang grabbed a hold of your hand and yanked you back to stop you from running away.

“Let go!” You pushed him away, causing you to fall back.

You scrambled back away from Kikwang while covering your face as if someone was going to hit you. Kikwang was angry with himself for hurting you.

Kikwang got on his knees, “I’m sorry, ~~~~. I didn’t mean to say that to you.”

You slightly put your hands down, revealing the cuts on your cheek. Kikwang flinched at seeing the blood.

“I’m so sorry.” Kikwang slowly moved closer to you, “I didn’t mean anything I said. I just wasn’t thinking right.”

“K-Kikwang.” You put your hand down.

The look in Kikwang was the same eyes you had always known and you knew that he wasn’t going to hurt you but you couldn’t help but feel wary of him.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry that I hurt you.” Kikwang held out his hand to you.

He knew that it was better for you to go to him instead of forcing himself to you. Like a frighten puppy, you stared at Kikwang’s hands and slowly moved towards him.

“Kikwang!” Finally, you went into his arms and cried.

“Kikwang tightly held onto you, “It’s okay now. I’m sorry I won’t ever do that again.”

Kikwang softly patted your back to calm down your trembling body. *I swear I would never make the same mistake ever again. I will never hurt you again. I’ll never make you cry. I swear on my life.*

 

 

I'm sorry for never posting new chapters but I've been busy and I also really don't feel inspire to write much. Thank you all for reading and even commenting, it really does help me want to write.