Chapter 14

Prince and the Beast

It was the night of Junhyung’s birthday and you were sitting on your bed, staring at the invitation letter. Although you had told Hyunseung that you would go, you were now debating whether it was a good idea.

“Knowing Junhyung, he wouldn’t leave me alone even if I tell him too.” You whispered to yourself as you lay down on the bed.

You covered your eyes with your right arm, thinking back to the times when you were still dating Junhyung. A scoff escaped your lips when you remembered how the two of you broke up.

==========

You were walking to Junhyung’s class since school was over and you didn’t see him waiting for you at the gate like usual. You were just about to open the door to the class until you heard Junhyung say your name.

“Eh?” You slightly opened the door to peek inside.

Inside the classroom were just Hyunseung and Junhyung only. Hyunseung was standing by the window while Junhyung was sitting at his desk, two seats away from where Hyunseung was standing.

“How long are you planning to date ~~~~?” Hyunseung asked.

“Why? You want to date her?” Junhyung lazily looked up at Hyunseung with a smirk.

You froze as you heard Junhyung said those words. Tears started to form as you shook your head, thinking that you probably misheard him.

“It’s not like that. I was just wondering why you didn’t just go out with Miyeon like you first wanted to.” Hyunseung scratched the back of his head.

“It wasn’t like I planned on dating ~~~~, it did help me get closer to Miyeon though.” Junhyung yawned.

Hyunseung sighed, “~~~~…she’s a nice girl.”

“A beast can’t become a beauty.” Junhyung stood up and grabbed his bag.

“But you…” Hyunseung walked towards Junhyung.

“I know. I better get going before ~~~~ comes find me.” Junhyung slung his bag over his shoulder.

You took a step back, not knowing what to do. Although you wanted to run away, you’re body refused. You wanted to confront Junhyung and ask him if what he said was true but you also knew that you didn’t want to hear the answer either.

Feeling betrayed, you opened the door to reveal yourself. At first Junhyung and Hyunseung was surprised to see you but they easily put on their poker face, hoping that you didn’t hear their conversation.

“Hey ~~~~, are you here for Junhyung?” Hyunseung asked.

“Sorry, the teacher made me stay behind to clean.” Junhyung came up to you.

You took a step back as Junhyung reached out for your hand, “You don’t want to touch this beast.”

You scoffed when you saw the look on their face. It became obvious to them that you had heard their conversation. Junhyung tried to reach out to you again but you slapped his hands away.

“You should have just went after Miyeon instead of going through me. You don’t have to waste your time with me anymore.” You turned around and started walking down the hallway.

“~~~~!” Junhyung ran after you.

You turned your head to glare at your first love, “I don’t want to ever see you again.”

Junhyung was shocked to see you cry as you glared at him. Although, he could tell how hurt you were, you refused to admit it. He could only watch you walked away with sunken shoulder.

=========

You sat up when you heard your doorbell rang. Thinking that it was Kikwang, you walked out of your room while rubbing your eyes.

“What do you want?” You opened the door, expecting to see Kikwang.

“You didn’t show up even though you said you would.” You looked up surprised to see who it actually was.

“J-Junhyung.” You quickly shut the door but Junhyung stuck out his foot, preventing you from doing so.

“That’s not very nice.” Junhyung forced the door open.

You crossed your arm, knowing that you couldn’t force him to leave. You walked to the kitchen to get something to drink.

“I should have known that you wouldn’t show up.” Junhyung mumbled as he followed you, “Are you not going to offer me any water either?”

“Should I pamper an uninvited guest?” You looked up at him.

“Hey ~~~~, you didn’t close your door again.” You heard Kikwang’s voice.

When Kikwang walked into the kitchen to where you were, he was surprised to see a man he didn’t know standing awfully close to you.

“Kikwang.” You sighed in relief knowing that you weren’t going to be alone with Junhyung,

Junhyung saw the relief look and grabbed your arm when you walked toward Kikwang. Kikwang quickly came to your side and grabbed Junhyung’s hand that was holding onto you.

“Let go.” Kikwang glared at Junhyung but you didn’t see it since he was standing between you and Junhyung.

“Eh~” Junhyung smirked.

 

 

 

My deepest apologies for not updating sooner but I'm just really not feeling like writing. Thank you for reading.