Chapter 10

Prince and the Beast

 

You were sitting on the floor in your room against the closed door. Your face was buried in your arms as you slowly breathe in and out.

“~~~~.” There was a slight knock at your door, “You didn’t close the door all the way. Someone could have broke in.”

Although you knew who it was, you remained in your position. You were tired from all that happened today but you just couldn’t fall asleep.

“~~~~…I’m sorry about earlier. Even if you don’t want to open the door, can you…can you please listen to what I’m going to say.” The person behind the door begged.

You looked up and leaned your head onto the door with a soft thud to let him know you were there.

“This is Kikwang, if your wondering and yes I did locked the door.” Kikwang sat down in the hallway, facing the door to your bedroom.

You slightly shook your head with a small smile. You already knew that it was Kikwang and that he’ll lock the door for you. It was almost as if you left the door open for him to enter.

Seeing that you were listening, Kikwang continued talking, “You’re right, maybe I have been acting weird…I…you…I can’t tell you why I’ve been acting like this. I just don’t you to hate me. You’re the most important person in my life and I want you to continue to stay in my life.”

Kikwang said something but you couldn’t make out what he said so you just ignored it. Meanwhile, Kikwang embarrassingly hid his face with his hand. *I can’t believe I just confess my love for ~~~~ in the most cowardly way ever!*

“E-enough about me, are you still in pain?...Both from what happened this morning and earlier.” Kikwang rubbed his face, “I don’t mind if you’re mad at me but please look after yourself and clean your wound.”

You got up and opened the door. You were surprised not by seeing Kikwang but from how red his eyes were. You knew that Kikwang had been crying earlier and you felt awful for being the reasons behind those tears.

“I’m not mad at you…I can never be mad at you nor would I ever hate you.” You whispered but Kikwang heard you.

Kikwang smiled at you, “Hello, ~~~~.”

“I’m tired but I can’t sleep.” You got down in front of Kikwang.

“Do you want me to hold you to sleep?” Kikwang joked to lighten the mood.

“Maybe.” You rested your head on Kikwang’s shoulder.

Kikwang flinched in surprise but saw how tired you were. After all, you were badly hurt just a few hours ago. Kikwang traced the cuts on your face with the tip of his fingers.

“Since it’s the weekend tomorrow, do you want to go get your hair cut?” Kikwang asked, looking at your uneven hair.

“Hm.” You yawned as you closed your eyes, ready to fall asleep, “Kikwang?”

“Y-yes?” Kikwang tried to stop the pounding in his heart.

“Can you stay until I fall asleep?” You asked.

Kikwang looked down to you, “Ar-..Are you sure?”

“I feel the most relax when you’re around.” You started to fall asleep.

Noticing that you were asleep, Kikwang gently picked you up in bridal style and carried you into your room. Kikwang set you down on the bed and covered you with the blanket.

“Sometimes you’re to oblivious to what’s going on around you. You should be more careful around guys, even around me.” Kikwang moved your hair out of your face.

Kikwang quietly chuckled when you mumbled something in your sleep. Kikwang laid his head by yours on the pillow.

“I’m really tempted to kiss you right now…I wonder what you’ll do if I did.” Kikwang moved closer to you, “But I won’t because you’re asleep. I don’t want to take advantage of you.”

Kikwang got off the bed with a sigh. He knew that even if he did kiss you, he would have gotten away with it. However, he would feel guilty for the rest of his life and shameful for doing something to you when you were asleep.

“I hope that one day I’ll get a chance to tell you how I feel for you.” Kikwang softly rubbed your head before leaving the room.