Chapter 5

Prince and the Beast

 

“Kikwang!” You ran after him as soon you exited the school.

Kikwang stopped walking and turned around to look at you, “Oh, hey ~~~~.”

“Hi ~~~~!” Yoseob waved at you.

“Uh, hi Yoseob.” You bowed.

“What about me?” Doojoon ruffled your head.

You bowed to him too, “Hello Doojoon.”

“Did you need something?” Kikwang pulled you aside.

“Nothing, I just thought that we were going home together.” You shrugged.

“Sorry, not today since we’re going to hang out at Doojoon’s place.” Kikwang tilted his head toward Doojoon.

Yoseob grabbed your shoulder, “Why don’t you join us?”

“Yeah, it’ll be more fun with you there.” Doojoon smiled at you.

“I-I don’t know.” You blushed as you looked to Kikwang.

Kikwang looked away, “You don’t have to if you don’t want to go.”

“I want to-“

The ringing of your phone cut you off, as you were just about to agree to go since Kikwang would be there too.

“Sorry.” You turned away from them as you opened your phone to answer the phone call from your mother’s assistant, “Hello?”

“Hello miss ~~~~, this is Lee Minju. Are you able to speak right now?” Minju asked.

You peeked over to the guys, “Yes, I can speak right now.”

“You’re parents have something to talk to you about and is wondering if you can come see them today.” Minju said.

“Uh..sure.” You looked to the ground.

“Alright, I’ll come pick you from your apartment.” Minju hanged up.

You heaved a sigh as you put your phone in your pocket. Although you liked Minju since he had always took care of you, you hated how he would be the one to talk to you instead of your family.

“Sorry, I have something to do.” You apologized to Yoseob and Doojoon.

“Awe, that’s too bad. Maybe next time?” Yoseob pouted at you.

You nodded, “Next time.”

“Did something happen?” Kikwang whispered to you.

“No.” You shook your head, “I’ll see you later, bye.”

Before Kikwang could ask you anything more, you had already run off. You knew that Kikwang was able to read you almost like an open book so you left before he can find out what was wrong.

As soon as you reached your apartment, Minju was already there. He was standing by the entrance to the apartment.

“Hello miss ~~~~, how was school?” Minju bowed as soon as you approached him.

“It was fine, do you mind if I go change?” You asked.

“I will wait here for you.” Minju bowed again.

You sighed, “You don’t need to be so polite to me since you’re only older than me by eight years. You also don’t need to wait out here, you can come inside.”

“You are still the daughter of the Kang Enterprise. Also, a man shouldn’t enter a girl’s apartment especially if she lives by herself.” Minju patted your head.

“Kikwang always come over and it’s no problem.” You shrugged.

“Miss ~~~~ should be more careful even if it is with your best friend, Kikwang.” Minju frowned.

You nodded, “Fine, I’ll be back down in a bit.”

“Yes miss ~~~~.” Minju bowed.

“Stop bowing!” You shouted as you ran inside the apartment complex.

You also dislike how Minju was always extremely polite to you but you knew he was just doing his job. Although you only knew him for two years from when you started high school, Minju was more of a family than your own family.

“Ready?” Minju asked as you came back out in casual clothes.

“Hm.” You nodded.

“You look nice.” Minju smiled as he opened the door for you.

“Thank you.” You bit your lips as you sat in the back seat.

Minju patted your head, “Don’t worry, I’m sure your family is happy to meet you again after four years.”

“I’m not worried about that, I could care less about them.” You looked away.

“No matter what they are still your family miss ~~~~.” Minju slightly smiled.

=========

“Hey, what do you think ~~~~ is doing?” Yoseob asked Kikwang.

Kikwang shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“How long have you liked ~~~~?” Doojoon asked out of the blue as he switched to a different game.

“W-what?!” Kikwang choked on his soda.

“Wow, I didn’t expect you to ask yet.” Yoseob said to Doojoon.

“Wait, what are you guys talking about?” Kikwang asked.

“Come on, it’s so obvious that you like ~~~~. Yeah, she’s a little bit chubbier than most girls no a days but I think that makes her even cuter, right?” Yoseob asked Doojoon.

Doojoon pondered for a moment, “She reminds me of a small animal. Didn’t she look like a deer in headlight when I approached her at lunch?”

“Yeah! She’s really like a small animal…like a hamster.” Yoseob laughed.

“I know you’re not purposely hurting ~~~~ but stop making fun of her.” Kikwang said.

“We’re only talking about how cute ~~~ is but anyway, so~ How long have you liked ~~~~.” Yoseob poked Kikwang’s shoulder.

“Is it really that obvious?” Kikwang asked.

Doojoon patted Kikwang on the shoulder, “You should look at yourself when your with ~~~~. You’re never like that with anyone.”

“I guess we only find out since we’ve been friends for a long time.” Yoseob shrugged.

“You should tell ~~~~ about how you feel. You guys had been friends for how long, six years? I’m sure she must feel something towards you.” Doojoon sipped on his soda.

Kikwang looked down, “Hm…I don’t know about that.”

“You never know.” Yoseob pushed Kikwang’s shoulder, “You have girls chasing after you but for the girl you like, you’re not even going to chase after her?”

“I just don’t want to ruin our relationship right now.” Kikwang argued.

“What someone comes along and take her, what will you do? Are you just going to smile and tell her to be happy since you still want to remain friends with her?” Doojoon looked at Kikwang.

“Yes, I will…is what I want to say but I don’t think I can. I don’t know what to do.” Kikwang covered his face with his hands.

“Well, when you’re ready then tell her that you love her. It doesn’t have to be today or tomorrow. I mean, you still have a lot of time since ~~~~ does have a reputation of being a beast but just don’t take too long.” Yoseob smiled.

“You’re right, I still have time to see if ~~~~ likes me too.” Kikwang smiled back.

“Okay~ So can we play the game now?” Doojoon asked.

Yoseob grabbed one of the controller, “Alright, my turn!”

Kikwang looked out the window to the cloudy sky with a small smile on his face.