Chapter 26

Prince and the Beast

As soon as the car was turned off, you looked outside the window to see where you were. Your eyes widen as you turned your head around to look at Junhyung. Junhyung chuckled at your reaction while getting out of the car.

It took you a moment to realize he was out of the car. You furiously got of the car and chased after Junhyung.

“Junhyung!” You yelled.

Just when you finally reached Junhyung who was standing under a familiar tree, he abruptly turned around causing you to bump into him.

“Didn't think you wanted to hug me that badly.” Junhung joked.

You pushed yourself away with a glare, “You’re seriously starting to piss me off. Just what do you want from me?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Junhyung smirked.

 “Stop evading the question!” You shouted.

Although you weren’t really the type to easily lose your cool, almost everything that Junhyung had done irritated you. Perhaps what he did years ago may have influenced your patience for him.

“I thought you were much more patient.” Junhyung shrugged.

“Not for you.” You hissed.

“Feisty.” Junhyung slightly smiled, “All for me.”

You shook your head, “I’m done with you.”

You turned around and were only able to take a step before Junhyung caught your hand. Junhyung spun you around and pressed you up against the tree.

“Wha-“

“Look.” Junhyung tilted his head to the side, “It’s still there.”

You knew what Junhyung was referring to but you didn’t want to look. You didn’t want to remember. You refused to remember but that only made Junhyung furrow his eyebrows.

“~~~~, look at it, the proof that we were together.” Junhyung softly whispered.

You shook your head while looking down. It hurts too much to remember the time when you were still with Junhyung. Remembering your love for Junhyung made your heart ache.

“~~~~.” Junhyung leaned closer to you until the tip of your nose were barely touching.

“Don’t call my name.” You mumbled.

Junhyung chuckled, “~~~~, do you remember when we first kiss?”

You struggled to push Junhyung away but he had a firm grip on your hand. Your struggles were nothing to him.

“It was here during the same time as now. After we carved our initials on this tree.” Junhyung moved your hand to trace the carving on the tree.

“Stop.” You clenched your fist.

“Just come back to me already.” Junhyung whispered in your ears.

Your eyes widen, realizing what he was just said. You pushed Junhyung away with all your might.

“~~~~?” Junhyung was shocked to see your teary eyes.

“Then what? Come back to you just so you can make a fool out of me again? So you can get Miyeon? Just cut the crap already.” You traced the carving on the tree, “You’re right, this is proof that we were together. It’s also proof of your lies.”

You wiped away the tears from your eyes before looking up at Junhyung. You held your hand to your chest where your heart was

“You’re really pathetic now.” You scoffed, “You must be so bored that you’ll do anything for some form of entertainment. Go ahead, play your games if it makes you feel better about yourself.”

You started walking away from Junhyung. You weren’t going back with him anyway so there was no use of staying around.

“So you’re just going back to that guy?” Junhyung yelled after you.

You stopped, “Guy? Kikwang? He’s a thousand times better than you so is there a reason why I shouldn’t?”

“Are you with him?” Junhyung asked.

“It’s none of your business but yes.” You continue walking.

You continue walking until you reached a bus stop. Once you were on the bus, you took out your phone.

“Hello?” The person on the other line groggily spoke as if they just woke up.

“Were you napping?” You asked with a small grin.

You heard some crashing noise, “~~~~? H-hey, is something wrong?”

“No, not really. I just wanted to hear you. Sorry if I was bothering you.” You looked out the bus window.

“Don’t worry, I was just napping anyway. It feels nice to hear your voice too.” You could almost see the bright smile of his.

You let out a sigh before smiling, it did felt better hearing Kikwang’s voice after all that had just happen with Junhyung. *I want to see you.*