Chapter 15

Prince and the Beast

Dinner would probably have never been so awkwardly quiet for you in your entire life as much as the one you were having right now. Although the whole eating in silence was pretty normal for you, the stares that were exchange between the three of you, mostly from Kikwang and Junhyung, was completely dreadful to the point you wanted to bury yourself in a hole and never come back out again.

“You have some food on your lip.” Junhyung reached his hand out to you.

Before you could even evade his hands, Kikwang was already wiping your lip with a napkin. You almost want to applaud him for moving so fast but thought it was best if you didn’t.

“Thanks.” You leaned back on your chair to get further away from the both of them.

Not to mention but you were also sitting on either side of them as they sat across from each other. You could feel them giving looks to each other without even having to see it.

“Ugh.” You quietly groaned as you resume eating.

“You got better at cooking.” Junhyung commented.

“~~~~ was always great at cooking.” Kikwang stared Junhyung down.

Junhyung smirked, “I’m pretty sure I’ve ate ~~~~ cooking enough to know how well she got.”

“That was how many years ago? I’ve ate ~~~~’s cooking more than you could ever in your life.” Kikwang tighten his grip on the chopsticks in his hand.

“Oh really?” Junhyung clenched his jaw.

*Shut up shut up shut up. The both of you are annoying me to death even if you guys are what I think is complimenting my cooking.* You inwardly cussed out at the both of them to stop but you knew you would be adding fuel to whatever was happening between the two of them.

“~~~~.” The both of them said your name at the same time, breaking you out of your cussing spree.

“W-what?” You looked over Kikwang then to Junhyung.

Not wanting to hear what they were calling your name for, you abruptly stood up from your seat and grabbed your now empty plate. *I’m amaze I finished my plate in this atmosphere.*

“I’m done.” You hurried to the sink to wash your plate.

You heard Kikwang sigh, “I’m don't, too.”

Kikwang came over and helped you washed. Not even a second later and Junhyung were also at the sink trying to help too. You let out a quiet sigh as you were sandwich between the two of them.

“You two wash the dishes and I’ll clean up the table.” You escaped as soon as you found a chance.

After cleaning up, you were once again sandwich between them on the couch as you guys watched some music performance on the tv. *I should have just sat on the ground or better yet, kicked the both of them out.*

“How long are you guys going to stay?” You asked.

“Until my birthday is over.” Junhyung leaned closed to your ear.

Kikwang instinctively pulled you towards him, “Until he leaves.”

“Seriously, what’s up with you two?” You stood up.

You had enough of this tug of war from the two of them, which you really didn’t understand why they were acting this way.

“You, I don’t even know what you are doing.” You pointed to Junhyung and then to Kikwang, “And you, you’re acting…so…clingy? No…weird?...I don’t know either!”

You rubbed the side of your face tiredly. You tried coming up with excuses for why they were acting the way they did but you honestly found none.

“Are you dating him?” Junhyung asked out of the blue, completely ignoring your previous outburst.

“What? No, Kikwang is my best friend.” You stared at Junhyung in confusion, “What does that have to do with this?”

“Just wondering why a friend is being so overly protected.” Junhyung emphasize the word friend.

Kikwang was about to say something but you beat him to it, “So what if Kikwang is being overly protective right now? That has nothing to do with you. For all I know, Kikwang is in my life while you’re not part of it so you shouldn’t concern yourself with what my friend or I do.”

“Oh really? Then I’ll just have to make my way back into your life. I’ll see you soon.” Junhyung got up and grabbed his things before leaving.

“~~~~?” Kikwang looked up at you, not knowing what to do now that Junhyung was gone.

“Not right now.” You held out a hand as you covered your face with the other hand.

You really didn’t want to talk about what just happened. It wasn’t that you didn’t trust Kikwang in telling him all that happened but he just didn’t need to concern himself more with what was going on with you.

“Can you please leave? I’m tired.” You crossed your arms.

“Oh, sorry. Good night.” Kikwang stood up and walked to the front door.

“Hey Kikwang!” You called out to him.

Kikwang turned around with a sadden look, “Yes?”

“Thank you…Although you two were irritating me, thank you for coming. I really didn't want to be alone with him.” You gave him a small smile.

“You’re welcome.” Kikwang flashed you a bright smile.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” You rubbed the back of your neck.

“See you!” Kikwang happily chirped as he closed the door.

You sat back down on the couch feeling extremely tired and worn out. *Junhyung, really, I can never figure out what you’re thinking. Kikwang, too. He’s been acting different lately when he’s with me.*

You shook your head, “Must be a guy thing.”

 

 

 

Once again I apologize for the super late update and thank you to those who are still reading this story. I just happened to feel like writing a new chapter after writing a paper for one of my class. I'm not really feeling any inspiration in continuing writing especially since this site did change to the point I'm not even sure where anything is anymore but I'll try my best to finish this story. Until then please bear with the late update.