Chapter 3

Prince and the Beast

 

You were sitting on the couch in your living room after finishing your dinner. You were watching the music program in your baby blue pajama. Your hair was still slightly wet from showering earlier as you waste away time before you go to sleep.

“~~~~! Open up!” You heard Kikwang rang to door.

You mumbled some incoherent words as you went to open the door, “What?”

“I got you something.” Kikwang happily showed you a bag as he entered your apartment.

“Couldn’t you do it tomorrow?” You closed the door and joined him in your living room.

Kikwang sat down where you sat earlier, “Nope, here.”

You took the bag and looked inside. You gave him a look as you took out a book. Kikwang smiled as he motioned you to look at the cover.

“Beauty and the Beast?” You read it out loud.

“You like it?” Kikwang asked.

You sighed, “Really? Why do you keep giving me this book?”

“It’s not like I keep giving you the same book. I just give you different versions of it.” Kikwang pouted.

“The story is still the same.” You shrugged as you put it on the bookshelf where all the other versions of Beauty of the Beast were that you receive from Kikwang.

“And they all end happily ever after.” Kikwang proudly smiled at you.

You rolled your eyes, “I still don’t get why you keep buying it for me. You should stop wasting your money on useless stuff.”

“It’s not useless, since you’re always reading it.” Kikwang reasoned.

“That’s because you keep buying it, it’ll be a waste to not read it.” You sat down besides him.

“You know you like it, besides that’s your favorite book.” Kikwang leaned back.

“Hm.” You ignored him.

Kikwang grabbed the towel on your neck and started drying your hair for you, “You should dry your hair or you’ll catch a cold.”

“It’s fine.” You swatted his hands away but he continued to dry your hair anyway, “Ugh, whatever.”

“Is your head okay?” Kikwang asked as soon as you let him dry your hair.

You looked at him, “Huh? Oh, yeah.”

“You shouldn’t anger them back even if they started it.” Kikwang said as he put the towel down and patted your head.

“I didn’t, I just stated the fact. It’s hard to miss someone as big as me.” You crossed your arm.

“Stop that, you’re not even that big. Yeah, you’re a little bit chubbier than most girls but don’t mean anything. You’re still cute and have big…you know what.” Kikwang put his hands to his chest.

You shot him a dirty look, “Either your blind or you’re looking at the wrong place.”

“I’m sorry but even under those baggy shirt you always wear, they stick out. I’m not purposely looking, it’s just…there.” Kikwang blushed.

“No duh, all girls have them. Mine is just a size d.” You rolled your eyes.

“Anyway, enough of the bo-…chest, you’re fine the way you are.” Kikwang put his hands on your shoulder.

“Are you looking at my face or at my ?” You slightly smiled.

Kikwang groaned, “~~~~!”

“I’m sorry but you started it.” You laughed.

“I swear you act so differently in front of people compare to when you are with me.” Kikwang shook his head.

You shrugged, “Why do I have to be nice to people I don’t like?”

“It feels good to know that you like me but I want you to have many friends. I want people to see the good side of you too. I’m sure if they get to know you, they would come to like you.” Kikwang clenched his fist with a determined look.

“How do I do that? You only know how I really am because we spent seven years together.” You yawned.

Kikwang thought for a bit, “Why don’t I teach you how to properly talk to people?”

“What, you saying I can’t ‘properly’ talk with people?” You glared at him.

“I meant in a more friendly way.” Kikwang timidly smiled.

You sarcastically pouted, “Am I not friendly enough?”

“It’s not that.” Kikwang chuckled as he poked your cheek, “It’s just, don’t glare at people and at least try to say hello with a smile.”

“I have to happily greet someone who makes fun of me? Wow, the world just keeps getting brighter.” You scoffed.

“Not everyone make fun of you and you keep getting back at them that’s why they continue to do it.”Kikwang shook his head.

You stuck out your tongue, “Bleh.”

“So tomorrow at least try to say hello to the other student…and ignore any comments made to you, okay? You should be able to do that much right?” Kikwang asked.

“Yah, what do you take me for? A savage animal?” You clicked your tongue.

Kikwang pursed his lips together, “I know you’re not but you make everyone think you are.”

“What is this? The Prince taming the Beast of Cube High School.” You looked to the tv.

“Yes, if that’s what I have to do.” Kikwang nodded.

“Ugh.” You made a face while Kikwang happily smiled knowing that you weren’t going to back down.

Kikwang got up, “I’ll see you tomorrow and be ready to say hello to other students with a smile.”

You glared at Kikwang as he left your apartment. You grabbed a pillow and smothered your face with it along with a huge groan.

“Tomorrow is going to be a long day.” You mumbled into the pillow.