Chapter 2

Prince and the Beast

 

It was lunchtime and you were sitting alone at the table near the back corner eating your homemade lunch of kimchi fried rice and stir-fry pork chop. Since you moved out or more like your parent rented you an apartment for yourself, you’ve been making your own meal.

Although your family didn’t disown you, the fact that they gave you money so that you could live by yourself was the same as disowning you. Well, at least you didn’t have to work but either way you didn’t care about your family, that feeling in your heart has been long gone.

“Oink oink.” The boys sitting at the table across from you laughed at you.

“Hm~ So good.” You purposely ate one big spoonful of the kimchi fried rice.

You weren’t one to brag but cooking for yourself for five years improve your cooking skills a lot.

“What are you eating? It looks good.” Kikwang sat down in front of you with a tray of the cafeteria’s food.

You glanced over to the table Kikwang’s friend were sitting at, “Why are sitting here?”

“What, I can’t sit with my friend?” Kikwang asked as he picked up a piece of the pork from your lunch with his chopstick.

“Hey!” You made a face but Kikwang only laughed.

Kikwang bit the tip of his chopstick as he looked at you, “You’re such a good cook.”

 “Anyone can cook, it just take practice.” You said as you continue eating.

“I guess so. Oh yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to go store with me to go buy some clothes.” Kikwang asked.

You put away your empty lunch box, “Not interested.”

You stood up and walked toward the exit when a girl bumped into you causing all of her untouched food to smear all over your school blazer.

“Omo, I’m so sorry.” The girl apologized but you knew she purposely did it from the small smirk on her face as she apologized.

“It’s fine, you were just to blind to not see me.” You smirked right back at her.

Her eyes widen, “W-what?! Yah you fat pig, you should apologize to me!”

You snorted as you walked by her but she pulled you back by your ponytail. You pushed her away on reflex but not without getting some of your hair pulled out. Everyone’s eyes were now on you but you didn’t care since all you could feel was the pain from your scalp.

“Aish!” The girl came back toward you but someone stopped her.

“I apologize on behalf of ~~~~, can you forgive her?” Kikwang apologetically smiled at her.

“I-if you say so.” The girl backs down.

You gave Kikwang a looked, obviously not happy, “You don’t have to apologize for me.”

You immediately left the room after glaring at Kikwang and the girl. You weren’t mad at Kikwang but you always hated it when he apologized to someone because of you. You knew that it was just because he’s a really nice and friendly guy that he wants to be friends with you.

“~~~~! Wait!” Kikwang ran after you.

“Will you stop it!” You yelled at him out of frustration at yourself.

Kikwang stopped in front of you, “I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying sorry for no reason.” You let out a sigh as you looked to the side.

“I do have a reason…your mad at me.” Kikwang looked down.

“I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at myself.” You turned around and walked down the hallway.

Kikwang hurried after you, “Wait, where are you going?”

“To wash my blazer.” You said.

“Oh.” Kikwang stopped when you went into the girl’s restroom.

You came of the restroom holding onto your school blazer that was still slightly wet even after using the hand dryer.

“Do you want to wear my blazer?” Kikwang asked, knowing how conservative you were.

“It’s fine, it should dry after the next class.” You shook your head.

Kikwang puffed his cheek to one side, “Well, tell me if you change your mind, okay?”

“Hm.” You nodded.

“Come on, let’s go to class.” Kikwang motioned his head towards class.

“Thanks.” You mumbled as you followed behind him.

Kikwang turned his head to look at you, “What? Did you say something?”

“No.” You looked away.

“Oh.” Kikwang scratched his head as he continued walking.

You softly smiled as you looked down at your feet. Although Kikwang annoyed you at times, you were happy to have him as a friend. Only with him can you really be yourself.