Chapter 21

Prince and the Beast

As soon as you got inside your apartment, just about to enter your kitchen to get something to drink, there was a knock at your door. You let out a sigh, knowing whom it was on the other side of the door.

“Wait!” You went to open the door.

Just as you suspected, Kikwang was meekly smiling at you, “You didn’t call me.”

“Sorry, I just got home.” You led him inside.

“Oh…um, was everything okay?” Kikwang followed you into the kitchen.

“Well, sit down first.” You grabbed a water bottle before sitting down at the dinner table.

“Will I need tissue?” Kikwang lightly joked.

You couldn’t help but giggle at his joke. Kikwang tenderly smile seeing you more relax than a couple of second ago. He always hated how you would feel down after visiting your parent.

“There’s good news and bad news. The good news depends on your answer to the bad news. So, which one do you want to hear first?” You asked.

“Uh, the bad news, I guess.” Kikwang scratched his head.

“I’m moving back to my parents place tomorrow.” You bit your bottom lip.

Kikwang just blankly stared at you as he was still trying to take in the bad news. He opened his mouth to say something but had nothing to say, as in he just couldn’t find the right words to say.

“I didn’t have any say in the matter if that’s what you’re wondering.” You looked down at your water bottle before bringing it to your lip.

“S-so you’re…leaving?” Kikwang dejectedly sigh.

“I’m only moving away, I’ll still be attending the same school.” You played with your short hair.

“Is that the good news?” Kikwang asked.

“Partially…will you still like me even if we see each other less?” You stared at Kikwang to see his reaction.

“Of course I’ll still like you!” Kikwang immediately answered.

You paused for a moment, debating whether you should tell him your answer or not. You tried to weigh the pros and cons but couldn’t find anything for either one since you don’t know what the outcome would be.

“So you wouldn’t mind if I said yes?” You asked.

“Say yes? To what?” Kikwang questioned.

“To us being together.” You raise the water bottle to your lips again and took a sip.

You watched Kikwang’s eyes widen as he abruptly stood up from his seat. He stepped aside, pointing to himself then to you and back to him.

“Really?! Are you really okay being with me? I-uh…oh I d-don’t even know what to say…wow!” Kikwang walked back and forth.

“I’m happy being with you but are you going to be happy being with me?” You also stood up.

“Happy? I’m going to be more than just happy. There’s nothing that can compare or describe what I’m feeling right now.” Kikwang excitedly stood in front of you.

Feeling your eyes starting to water a bit, you gently hugged Kikwang, “Thank you.”

Kikwang was surprised at you hugging and thanking him but quickly soften. Kikwang hugged you back with one arm and the other hand softly petting your head.

“I should be thanking you instead.” Kikwang slightly pulled back to look at you.

You shook your head while looking up at him, “You’ve always given me so much but I can never do anything in return.”

“That’s not true, you’ve also gave me a lot of things too…or more like you taught me a lot of things.” Kikwang smiled.

“Taught?” You asked, stepping away from Kikwang.

“Uh huh, like I wouldn’t be who I am now if it wasn’t for you. I probably would have ended up being an ungrateful snobby ignorant person who wouldn’t care about anyone else but themself.” Kikwang scratched the back of his neck.

“I guess that’s a good thing that I taught you even though I don’t know how I possible could teach you that.” You looked to the side.

“You also taught me many other things but thee list could go on for hours and I know you wouldn’t enjoy hearing about it.” Kikwang chuckled at the thought of you refusing to listen any more.

“You know me quite well.” You smiled.

Kikwang huff, “Of course, we’ve known each other for so long.”

“Although I don’t want to go, can you help me pack tomorrow?” You asked.

“And even though I don’t want you to go, yes I will help you.” Kikwang reached out to your hand.

“Thank you.” You looked down at your hand that was in Kikwang’s hold.

 

 

 

 

Thank you all for still reading this story and just to let you guys know, I'm still continuing the story, I just don't know what yet. I'll figure it out since I only write as I go along with the chapters.