Chapter 18

Prince and the Beast

The next day, you noticed Kikwang trying to avoid you or more like he was trying to put some distance between the two of you. Although you had told him the night before to give you some time to think about your feelings for him, you really didn’t expect him to avoid you.

That morning, he did walked with you to school but he made sure to stay at least a few feet away from you when normally you two would be walking with your shoulder just a few inches away from each other.

At lunch, Kikwang was doing the same thing. He sat besides you so that he wouldn’t have to directly look at you. He also far enough to have Yoseob and Doojoon giving the both of you weird glances.

“Are you two fighting?” Yoseob asked.

Kikwang immediately shook his head, “N-no! We’re not fighting.”

“Then what’s wrong? You two are sitting quite far from each other than usual. Usually, you guys are like inseparable…or more like Kikwang is inseparable from ~~~~.” Doojoon leaned forward to rest his chin on his hand.

“Nothing is wrong.” Kikwang dejectedly looked away.

You could tell that Kikwang didn’t want to say anything about what happened last night to them but you thought otherwise. Perhaps they’ll be able to give you some advice since you probably will never be able to find out the answer yourself.

“We had a talk last night and now I’m trying to figure out my feelings towards Kikwang on whether it’s romantic feelings or not.” You bluntly stated.

All three of them gawked at you as if you were from a different planet. Well, you wouldn’t blame them, it wasn’t until just recently that you were able to talk to them for the first time anyway.

You almost laughed when the three of them looked at each other, then targeting their gaze to Kikwang with wide eyes. You felt bad putting the spotlight on Kikwang but it was very amusing.

“You finally confessed?” Both Yoseob and Doojoon said in unison.

“W-well not really…I uh.” Kikwang scratched his head, trying to figure the right words to say.

“I asked him and the way he looked at me told me he did.” You shrugged.

“Wait, what?” Yoseob asked, not understanding how it happened.

You glanced over to Kikwang who was as red as a tomato, “Like I said earlier, we had a talk and it just ended up to where we are now.”

“Wow, Kikwang, just wow. After all these years and you still haven’t confessed.” Doojoon shook his head.

“Years?” You asked.

Kikwang panicked as he saw the way his friends’ eyes twinkle in excitement as they were ready to tell you all about Kikwang’s feelings for you and when it started. Kikwang didn’t want to embarrass himself more in front of you as he already had.

“Don't listen to them, they’re just speaking nonsense.” Kikwang leaned over in attempt to cover their mouth.

“Did you like me for a long time now?” You couldn't help but ask.

“Ah.” Kikwang froze in surprise at how soft your voice was.

You silently watched him sat back down. Doojoon and Yoseob glanced at each other, knowing that it was best if they kept quiet. With a gulp and slight nod from Kikwang, you frowned in displeasure.

“And you never told me?” You looked down with a sigh.

“I can’t just really say that I like you especially since I didn’t want things to become weird between us.” Kikwang mumbled.

You looked back at him, “You’re an idiot.”

You surprised them all when you reached out to pat Kikwang on the head. You felt bad knowing now that he liked you for so long and how he had to hide it from you.

“Um…~~~~?” Kikwang finally looked at you in the eye.

“You can stop trying to avoid me now. Anyway, can I ask you two for advice after school?” You looked over to Yoseob and Doojoon.

Not knowing what to say, they looked at each other and to Kikwang before nodding at you. You gave them a slight smile while standing up, getting ready to leave since lunch was almost over.

“Thanks, I’ll see you guys later.” You grabbed your stuff and left the three of them.

“What just happened?” Yoseob asked when you were finally gone from their sight.

Doojoon shook his head, “I don’t know but let’s hope everything ends up well and with you two together.”

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” Kikwang groaned while resting his head on the table.

“We’ll try our best.” They gave Kikwang and encouraging pat on the back.

Kikwang sighed knowing that after today, the relationship between the two of you would not be the same anymore. He could only pray that you two would at least remain friends even if it doesn’t go the way he wanted.