Chapter 22

Prince and the Beast

Since you were moving back home, you packed only your clothes and a few other personal things, including all the books that Kikwang bought for you. Moving the last box of your clothing into the living room, you slumped into the sofa besides Kikwang.

“Is this all the things your taking?” Kikwang asked, looking around at the furnitures and other appliance.

“I’m moving back, not to a new place.” You shrugged.

“It’s going to be weird not being neighbors anymore.” Kikwang sighed.

You shook your head with a smile, “We weren’t neighbors for a while if you haven’t remember.”

“Yeah but we never contact each other during that time until you moved here.” Kikwang gave you a sad look.

“Sorry.” You looked away.

“It’s also my fault for never trying to contact you either.” Kikwang patted your head.

You were about to say something but there was a knock at the front door. Minju greeted you as soon as you opened the door.

“Is this all the things you’re bringing?” Minju looked at the boxes in your living room.

“Yep.” You nodded.

Minju glanced over to Kikwang, “You must be Kikwang, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I’m Minju, I work for miss ~~~~’s father.”

“Ah, i-it’s nice to meet you too.” Kikwang stood up.

“I’ll bring these to the car.” Minju carried two boxes.

“I’ll help too.” Kikwang carried one box.

You went over to pick up the last box that had all the books that Kikwang bought you. As you locked the door behind you, you notice Kikwang was waiting for you.

“You didn’t have to wait.” You walked up to him.

“I guess I wanted to spend as much time as I can with you before you move far far away from here.” Kikwang playfully bumped his shoulder with yours.

“It’s not even that far, just about twenty minutes or so by car.” You commented.

“That’s still pretty far from here.”Kikwang mumbled.

You sighed, “Could have been farther though.”

The two of you reached Minju’s car and put the boxes in the trunk and in the back seat. Kikwang kept glancing at you then to Minju.

“Minju, do you mind if I stay here for a bit?” You looked over to Minju.

Minju looked down at his watch, “I’ll head back and move your things into your room. Please contact me when you want to go home.”

“Thanks.” You slightly smiled at Minju.

Minju bowed to both you and Kikwang before driving away. You glanced over your shoulder to look at Kikwang.

“Let’s go grab some ice cream.” You said.

“Alright!” Kikwang hurried over to your side.

=========

“Junhyung, what are you doing?” Hyunseung asked.

“What do you mean?” Junhyung looked over at Hyunseung.

“With ~~~~? What exactly are your intention in meeting with ~~~~ again?” Hyunseung sat down across from Junhyung.

“What about you? Why did you meet with ~~~~?” Junhyung smirked.

Hyunseung looked away, “I can’t chat with my friends?”

“About me? I know what you’re trying to do, planning on trying to get me and ~~~~ back together.” Junhyung yawned.

“I-I just think it’s best if you two got back together like before.” Hyunseung leaned back on the chair.

“What’s best? You do realize that things aren’t going to go back to being the same.” Junhyung crossed his arm.

“Sorry I jus-“

“I never said I was against what you’re doing. In fact, I don't care what you do. I’m getting ~~~~ back one way or another.” Junhyung stood up.

“Where are you going?” Hyunseung asked.

“Just to a house welcoming party.” Junhyung left the room.

“Is this really for the best?” Hyunseung questioned himself.