Chapter 13

Prince and the Beast

You were sitting at your desk with your head on the table when you notice someone standing in front of you. You looked up, surprised to see Dongwoon.

“Dongwoon, right?” You sat up.

Dongwoon smiled at you, “Glad you remember me. How are your wounds?”

“Better now, it’s almost all healed.” You slightly smiled.

Although it wasn’t like you to randomly smile at people, the air around Dongwoon was very calming that it easily made you relaxed.

“That’s good. Sorry I didn’t come to ask how you were doing sooner.” Dongwoon apologized.

You shook your head, “You didn’t need to so it doesn’t matter much anyway. Oh, you should sit down.”

“Thank you, I see you cut your hair. It looks good on you.” Dongwoon complimented.

“Thanks, by the way what are you doing here? I don’t mean anything bad about it, it’s just that it’s lunch right now.” You prop your head up with your right hand.

“Right now is my only free time to see you since I have something going on after school. Did I interrupted you on something?” Dongwoon worriedly asked.

You looked away, “No, I was just trying to pass time…or more like trying to sleep time away.”

“Like sleeping beauty?” Dongwoon asked.

“What?...Oh, no not like that. See I’m doing it on purpose while sleeping beauty is just, you know, kind of forced to sleep. Uh, sorry, I’m just speaking weirdly.” You slightly blushed.

“No, you don’t have to apologize about it. I think it’s kind of cute how you seem to be really into the whole fairytale story.” Dongwoon laughed, “Maybe, being sleeping beauty right now might help the dark circle go away.”

“Are they that bad?” You touched your dark circle.

Dongwoon shook his head, “No, but you won’t heal fast if you aren’t getting enough sleep. Did something happen that caused you to be unable to sleep?”

“N-no…nothing like that. Anyway, I need to go to the bathroom.” You stood up and started walking toward the door.

“~~~~, I’m sorry.” Dongwoon also stood up.

“It’s fine.” You left the classroom.

“For many things.” Dongwoon whispered.

Meanwhile, you were making your way to the bathroom when you suddenly felt lightheaded. *Must be because I haven’t been sleeping since I met Junhyung.* You leaned against the wall for support.

=========

“Junhyung oppa!” You called out as you exited the kitchen.

“You called me?” Someone hugged you from behind.

“Oppa!” You squealed.

Junhyung turned you around and rested his forehead on yours. You looked up to him with a red face. You could feel his breath tickling your nose, making you shutter.

“Stop it you two.” You gently pushed Junhyung away as you shyly looked at Hyunseung.

“Sorry, Hyunseung.” You bit your lip.

“You don’t need to apologize, more like if it’s anyone, it should be him.” Hyunseung motioned his head towards Junhyung.

Junhyung rolled his eyes, “You’re just jealous. Anyway, what did you call me for?”

“Oh, I called you to tell you that dinner is ready. You too, Hyunseung.” You pulled the both of them to the dinner table.

“Thank you, ~~~~.” Hyunseung said as he sat down.

“You’re welcome. I should thank you for inviting me to your place. I do hope it’s to your taste.” You stared as Hyunseung took a bite of your food.

“What about me?” Junhyung asked.

“Shh, you don’t matter since I know you’ll eat it anyway.” You said without taking your eyes off of Hyunseung.

Hyunseung slightly smiled, “It’s really good.”

“Yes! I was so scared you might not like it.” You wiped off you imaginary sweat from your forehead.

You leaned back with a satisfied smile as you picked up your chopstick. Junhyung gave you a thankful look before digging in.

“Thank you.” You heard Hyunseung whispered.

Hyunseung seemed to be going though something tough that’s been causing him to eat and sleep less. Noticing that, you asked Junhyung if you could come cook for Hyunseung, hopefully to cheer him up at least a little bit.

=========

You slid down that wall as you clutched your stomach in pain. Your glazed eyes scanned the empty hallway.

“~~~~?” You turned your head around to see a familiar silhouette standing there.

“Hy-Hyunseung?” You squinted your eyes.

Hyunseung bend down to help hold you up, “Come on, let’s go to the infirmary.”

“What are you doing here?” You asked.

“Don't worry about that. Did Junhyung do something?” Hyunseung asked.

You shook your head with teary eyes, “Why? Why did I have to see him again? Did I do something wrong? What did I do that cause me to be hated?”

“You didn’t do anything wrong. What happened between Junhyung, your family, and you was not your fault.” Hyunseung sadly wiped away your tears, “I’m so sorry I couldn’t help you even though you did so much for me.”

You leaned against Hyunseung as he led you to the infirmary. However, when the both of you arrived, you pushed Hyunseung away. Hyunseung gave you a confused look.

“~~~~?” Hyunseung reached out to you.

“Tell Junhyung, I’ll come as long as he promise to leave me alone for the rest of my life. I’ll face him once more and that would be the last time. I’ve had enough of being his marionette.” You stared at Hyunseung.

“I-I…~~~~.” Hyunseung looked away.

“Although we didn’t know each other that well, you became very dear to me and I thank you for always looking out for me.” You paused, “But I still can’t forgive you either. Goodbye, Hyunseung.”

Hyunseung tried to reach out to you again but you shook your head. Hyunseung guiltily looked to the ground as you walk away.

You stopped and slightly looked back, “I almost forgot. Tell Dongwoon that he doesn’t have to look for me anymore if it’s for Junhyung.”

“Wait, h-how did you know?” Hyunseung stared at you, shocked.

“I may be a beast but I’m not stupid. Dongwoon is a good person, don’t force him to do something he doesn’t like.” You sighed as you continued walking away.