Chapter 23

Prince and the Beast

You and Kikwang were sitting at the ice cream shop. You were busy eating your ice cream and watching people walk by that you didn’t notice Kikwang watching you.

“Ah, you got some on your lip.” Kikwang pointed.

“Here?” You wiped the corner of your lip.

“No, her-“

Kikwang reached out his hands to wipe the ice cream from your lip but you already wiped it away with a napkin up to your cheek.

“Good?” You looked up at him.

Kikwang nodded, disappointed that he didn’t get to wipe it for you. You squinted your eyes at him wondering what mad him become sad.

“Were you trying to wipe off the ice cream like in the movies?” You couldn’t help but ask.

Kikwang slightly jumped and quickly shook his head with blushing cheeks, “N-no, it was just that you missed the spot so I was going to do it for you but you already did it yourself.”

“You sure?” You leaned back with your arms crossed.

“Y…yes?” Kikwang bit his bottom lip.

“Alright.” You resume eating your ice cream.

From the corner of your eyes, you saw Kikwang let out a small sigh. You chuckled, seeing how disappointed he really was even though he denied it. Kikwang gave you a confused look, reminding you of a puppy.

You reached out and wiped the corner of his lips with your thumb, “Even if there’s nothing there, you can pretend there is.”

“Eh!..A-ah you…you’re a player.” Kikwang playfully gave you an accusing look.

“What make you say that?” You laughed at his reaction.

“You act like you’ve done that many times.” Kikwang blew a raspberry.

“Nope but I watched a lot of people done it before.” You shrugged, “Besides, shouldn’t it be you who be the player you lady killer.”

Although you were only joking, knowing how much a gentleman Kikwang was and that he would never do anything of that sort, you were surprised to see how distressed he became.

“I’m not like that.” Kikwang looked down.

“I was just joking, I know you’re not that kind of person. You’re too good for your own sake.” You gave him an assured smile.

“I mean, I don’t care what other think of me but I just want you to know that I’m not like that.” Kikwang shyly looked at you.

You nodded, “I know how you are and besides when did I believe or even listen to what others tell me.”

“That depends.” Kikwang smiled.

“Hey, I’m a beast that can’t be tamed, not even by you.” You playfully winked while pointing your spoon at him.

“Yes, it seems to be me who’s caught by you.” Kikwang played along.

Kikwang laughed as you roared at him. Although the two of you were having so much fun, you had to leave since it was getting late. Kikwang frowned, watching you call Minju to come pick you up.

“Can you call me when you get home?” Kikwang asked.

“Hm, sure but just letting you know it won’t be as soon as I get home though. “ You nodded.

“That’s fine.” Kikwang reached out his hand to gently wipe the corner of your lip.

You blushed, “Eh?”

“Just following your advice from earlier.” Kikwang innocently smiled.

“Wow.” You scoffed.

Kikwang laughed, “You told me to pretend that there was something there so I did.”

“I think I’m digging my own grave.” You rubbed your temple.

“Don’t worry, I’ll go down with you.” Kikwang rested his head on his hand.

“No, I’ll bury you instead.” You shook your head.

“~~~~.” Kikwang called out.

“Wha-“

You jumped back when you felt Kikwang’s finger on your lips. You gave a him a weird look, wondering what he was doing. Kikwang put the fingers that touch your lips to his own.

“Indirect kiss.” Kikwang beamed.

You almost cursed at how bright how smile was but it was almost as if you had stopped functioning. You were beet red now.

“~~~~?” Kikwang paused for a moment before turning a shade of color similar to your own, “I-uh…um sorry.”

“No, don’t apologize. Technically we are dating now and that’s what people do so…Yeah.” You awkwardly scratch your head.

It wasn’t yours or Kikwang’s first kiss but it sure did felt like it. Butterflies flew in both of your stomach and no words were able to process. However, the two of you still felt the happiness of just being with each other.

*I guess I really do like Kikwang.* You inwardly smiled to yourself. The both of you wondered when would the two of you actually kiss but neither were in a hurry.