Chapter 4

Prince and the Beast

 

The next day, Kikwang woke you up early and you made breakfast for the both of you. While packing your lunchbox, Kikwang kept reminding you of what you needed to do until you yelled at him to ‘shut up’ with great annoyance.

When the both of you reached the school gate, you were about to run off like you usually do but since you guys came earlier than usual, Kikwang was stuck to you like glue.

“Ugh, I get it so just leave me alone already!” You turned around to face Kikwang.

Kikwang just smiled at you with his eyes, “If I did then you would never say hello to anyone. Oh look, their Yoseob over there. Why don’t we greet him?”

“I’m going to kill you.” You snarled as Kikwang dragged you toward his friend, Yoseob.

Like Kikwang, Yoseob was also one of the popular kids in school. He was a friendly and easy-going person that also has a cute baby face.

“He reminds me of a puppy.” You squinted your eyes.

Kikwang chuckled, thinking that you just found species like yourself, “Really?”

“Or maybe a teddy bear?” You titled your head.

“So what am I?” Kikwang asked.

“A monkey.” You rolled your eyes.

Kikwang dropped his jaw, “You really are cruel.”

“Hey Kikwang!” Yoseob waved as we approached him.

“Ahem!” Kikwang pushed you forward.

“Yah, you douche bag!” You stumbled, almost falling.

Yoseob stared wide eyes at you, as your face was right in front of his. Well, you wouldn’t blame him, having a stranger right in front of your face can be quite surprising. You backed off away from him to elbow Kikwang’s side.

“Uh…You’re the beast.” Yoseob blurted out.

“Yes, yes I’m the beast.” You rolled your eyes when Kikwang gave you the eye to not attack his friend.

Kikwang put his hands on your shoulder, “~~~~, why don’t you greet him and introduce yourself?”

“Why? He knows I’m the beast.” You crossed your arm.

“You have a name and it’s not the beast.” Kikwang moved your hand down to your side.

“Um…sorry, I only know you as the beast.” Yoseob apologized.

“Eh? No problem, it’s fine.” You waved your hand.

Kikwang knocked your head, “It’s not fine. Now say hello.”

“Hello.” You blew a raspberry.

“Smile!” Kikwang whined.

“No!” You bit your lip.

“I-It’s fine if you don’t want to.” Yoseob shook his hands in front of you.

Kikwang sighed, “We already talked about this ~~~~.”

“It feels weird.” You puffed out your cheek.

Yoseob couldn’t help but to laugh, “You really are different from your reputation.”

You blushed when Yoseob patted your head. You’re eyes widen as you stared at Yoseob as if he was crazy. You looked to Kikwang, not know what to do since it was the first time this has happened to you.

“U-Um…Hello, I’m Kang ~~~~.” You timidly smiled.

“You’re so much like a hamster.” Yoseob smiled back at you, “I’m Yang Yoseob, nice to meet you, ~~~~.”

“Wah! He said hello.” You grabbed Kikwang’s arm.

“See, it wasn’t so hard.” Kikwang ruffled your head.

Yoseob chuckled, “Well, I need to go but it was very nice meeting you ~~~~. I’ll see you and Kikwang at lunch.”

Both you and Kikwang watched Yoseob walk away. You were mainly just staring dumbfounded at the retreating Yoseob. You were happy that he was the first person you properly said hello to with a smile.

“Let’s do that again!” You happily grabbed Kikwang’s arm.

Kikwang looked down in surprise then back at you, “Really?”

“Uh huh.” You nodded.

“Okay.” Kikwang softly smiled.

Throughout the whole morning, you and Kikwang went to greet the other student, or mainly the student you didn’t dislike. Everyone was shocked at your sudden change especially your smiling face since your were mainly either showing no emotion or you’re always smirking.

It was now lunchtime and you were sitting alone, happily eating your lunch. Although you could hear the whispers and feel everyone staring at you, you didn’t care since you were used to people staring.

“Hey ~~~~, mind if I sit with you?” Someone asked.

You looked up and nearly choked, “Y-Yoseob?”

“Whoa, are you okay? I didn’t mean to surprise you like that.” Yoseob reached over to help pat your back as you coughed.

“No, it’s okay. Go ahead and sit if you want to.” You covered your mouth.

“Thanks.” Yoseob sat down next to you, “You make your own lunch?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah.” You nodded.

“Wow, I want to make my own lunch too but I’m not that much of a cook and I don’t want to ask my mom.” Yoseob sighed.

You looked at him, “Why not?”

“Well, my mom likes to make my lunch like it’s for a kid.” Yoseob pouted.

You laughed at Yoseob since you thought he was so much like a kid too. Yoseob was surprised at first but soon started laughing along.

“What are you guys laughing about?” Kikwang asked as he sat down across from you while giving Yoseob a glance.

Yoseob was surprised for a split second then smiled the next, “Eh~”

“What?” You looked at Yoseob.

“Nothing.” Yoseob shook his head as he ate his lunch.

“Mind if I join you guys?” Doojoon asked as he approached the table we were sitting at.

“Uh…sure.” You agreed as Kikwang and Yoseob gave you a nod.

“Hey ~~~~.” Doojoon said as he sat down next to Kikwang.

You swallowed the food in your mouth and bowed with a smile, “Hello, Doojoon.”

“You’re much cuter when you smile, kind of like a small animal.” Doojoon reached over to pat your head.

“Yah, why do you guys keep patting my head?” You made a face.

“Here you go.” Doojoon held out a piece of his fried omelet with his chopstick that you instinctively ate.

“It’s taste okay.” You shrugged.

Yoseob held out his hand, “Paw.”

“Eh?...Yah! I’m not a dog.” You heavily sighed.

“Now I see why you’re friends with ~~~~. She’s such a cute girl.” Doojoon nudged Kikwang.

Kikwang looked up at you then back down to his plate. You didn’t know why Kikwang was acting so strange but you also didn’t want to ask either. You just kept looking at him as Yoseob and Doojoon made a conversation with you.