Chapter 27

Prince and the Beast

 Dinner with your family only made today even worst. Minju gave you an apologetic look when he noticed how uncomfortable you looked.

“So, Junhyung came to pick you up from school but I didn’t see him drop you off.” Your father mentioned.

“We went separate ways halfway.” You shrugged while playing with your food.

Your mother scoffed, “Or did you mean yourself?”

“What I want to know is why Junhyung is suddenly popping up everywhere I go now.” You glanced over to your mother then to your father.

“You should give him another chance.” You father gave you the usual business look.

You groaned, “You hated him when we were dating but now you want me to buddy up with him. Is his family that important for your business?”

“I’m telling you it’s pointless, Miyeon should do it instead.” You mother shook her head.

You looked over to see Miyeon rolling her eyes. Although you hated to say this but you almost did want Miyeon to get with Junhyung instead so that he’ll stop bothering you.

“Mom, Junhyung is not even my type.” Miyeon took a sip on he glass of water.

“I would but Junhyung seems to only want ~~~~.” Your father sighed.

You abruptly stood up, scaring both your mother and Miyeon. If you stayed any longer to listen to their selfish talking, you probably end up flipping over the dinner table. You almost laughed when you wondered if you really could do it.

“I’m done, excuse me.” You left the table.

While walking up the stairs, you notice Minju following you. You stopped and waited for him to catch up to you.

“You didn’t have to follow me, you know.” You looked up at Minju.

Minju patted your head, “Your father doesn’t need me at the moment besides I think that doing some talking right now will help you release some stress.”

“You don’t have to do so much for me.” You mumbled.

“Is it wrong to want to spend time with my little sister?” Minju reached over to lightly pinch your cheek.

“Ah!” You playfully glared at him.

Minju covered his eyes, “Oh no, stop, don’t glare at me. Ugh, fatality.”

“Silly Minju.” You laughed.

“Now what a pretty face your making now. Instead of talking about stress, why don’t we talk about you and Kikwang?” Minju opened to the door to your room for you.

“Really?” You rolled your eyes as you plopped down on the bed.

“Girl~ Yes. We. Are.” Minju snapped his fingers in a motion like a girl.

You burst out laughing at the way Minju tried to imitate a sassy girl or perhaps a sassy guy. Either way, he was hilarious. Minju laughed along with you while brining a chair to sit beside the bed.

“You’re really the best person in the whole wide world.” You wiped away some tears from laughing to hard.

“Thank you.” Minju gave you a wink.

“Let’s see…I think I’m really starting to like Kikwang a lot.” You rolled over to your back to stare at the ceiling.

Minju nodded, “As if you weren’t before?”

“Eh?” You looked over to him.

“I think you always have liked Kikwang, it’s just that you haven’t differentiate the feelings of like towards a friend to a lover. He was your first friend after all.” Minju leaned back.

“But what about Junhyung?” You asked.

“Although you cut contact with Kikwang, you always talked about him more than Junhyung. Perhaps you didn’t want to realize your feelings because you didn’t want to lose what you had then.” Minju thoughtfully said.

“Ugh, I don’t know any more.” You grumbled.

Minju chuckled, “Feelings and romance are complicated matters. They work on their own despite how much we disagree with them.”

“What about you?” You rolled onto your stomach to fully look at Minju.

“What about me?” Minju asked.

“Since we’re always talking about me, what about you? Do you have anyone you like?” You asked.

Minju looked shock for a moment, “Hm…good question but I’m afraid I can’t tell you.”

“Why not? It sounds like you do have someone you like.” You gave him your best puppy look, “Please tell me. It’s not fair you know who I like but I don’t know who you like.”

“You might come to dislike me and I could potentially get fired if others find out.” Minju gently moved your hair out of your face.

“I won’t tell anyone and I would never come dislike you. Your practically the only true family I have.” You sat up.

“I know you won’t…I guess I’m just scared to tell anyone.” Minju looked down to his hand.

You notice him twirling a small ring on his pinky finger on the right hand. You thought it was just for fashion so you never questioned it but now you notice how important it must be for Minju.

“Are you two together?” You asked, “At least tell me that much.”

Minju shook his head, “No, but it might be the best just being the way we are. Anyway, it’s getting late, I should go.”

“Minju?” You watched him stood up.

“Don’t look at me like that. It’s fine, perhaps one day when I find my courage I’ll tell you that person is.” Minju gave you a pat on the head before leaving your room.

You laid down wondering whom the person Minju likes. Since he had done so much for you, you wanted to do something in return. Minju deserves so much more. *I’ll find out who that person in and get them together.*

 

 

 

My deepest apologies for I haven't updated but I haven't been home since I was at my mom's (being lazy) for the whole summer. Also, I've been more wrapped up in reading fanfics for another fandom. My anime addiction is stronger than my kpop addiction (=3=). I'll let you know ahead that I may rush the ending so that I can finish this story although I don't know when and how much. Anyway, thanks for reading.