Chapter 35

Prince and the Beast

Minju sighed for the hundredth time that day. You gave him an apologetic look seeing as you were one of the causes.

“He said no?” You repeated.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t help out as much as I wanted to.” Minju apologize.

“No, I was asking too much from you.” You shook your head.

You came to see your father but he was apparently too busy to meet you. Minju, being his secretary, had tried to get you to meet him in between his meetings but it seemed like your father didn’t want to meet with you at all.

“He probably won’t listen to me either. Never mind, just tell him that I’m done with it all, with this family.” You glanced over to your father’s office.

You could see him reading files through the glass wall separating the two of you. The whole time you were here he haven’t even gave you a glance, from you sitting outside his office waiting for him or watching him leave and returning to his office.

“~~~~ just let me ask again, okay?” Minju turned to go into your father’s office but you stopped him.

“No, don’t bother.” You scoffed, “Is it so much to ask for him to try to act like a father once since I was born and just listen once?”

“~~~~.” Minju frowned.

You shook your head, “You know what, I give up. It’s not like I ever was part of that ‘perfect’ family.”

“Don’t say that, ~~~~. You know that by saying that you’re only hurting yourself.” Minju grabbed you by the shoulder.

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” You started crying.

“It’s not like you to just give up like this ~~~~. I know it hurts, just give your father another chance.” Minju tried to reason.

“No, I’m done.”

You pushed Minju away and ran out of the room. Minju tiredly rubbed his face with a long sigh. He wasn’t one to lose his cool but this was just too much for him to take. Not waiting for another second to pass, Minju barged into your father’s office.

“Minju?!” Your father stared up in surprise.

“Sir, I’ve been working for you and taking care of ~~~~ for the longest time and not once had I said anything and damn it I regret not saying anything.” Minju started hyperventilating.

“Look I have no time your mood swing.” Your father shook his head.

Minju snapped, “See this is what I’m talking about. What time?! You have all the time in the world and you rather spend it with some bald businessmen talking about work that you yourself is sick and tired of. Wait not like that, I-I mean like business partner not as you know t-that kind of stuff.”

Minju paused for a moment to breath as he really never done this before. He never had a reason to rash out or even gets angry with anyone before. I had always regret watching your crestfallen face when your dad ignored you and not saying anything to your father.

“You can fire me after this but let me say this, I was the one who watched your daughter grow up when it should have been you. Yes I know you were the one who ordered me to watch ~~~~ but now look what happened. You’re loosing yourself and more importantly, you’re loosing your family.” Minju let out a breath.

Your father shook his head, “Leave your resignation on your desk.”

“Fine, but all I’m asking, no not asking but begging, I’m begging you to just listen to ~~~~ just this one time…listen to her as a father not a businessman. Be the father you always wanted to be for ~~~~ just like when you first saw her after she was born.” Minju timidly smile, “Thank you sir for all you have done for me and also for letting me meet ~~~~. She’s one special girl and you’ll be a fool to let her out of your life forever.”

Minju politely bowed to your father before making his way to the door. He paused for a bit by the door hoping, praying that your father would realize his mistake and run after his daughter.

“I have a meeting in a couple minute so please hurry along.” You’re father grabbed a yellow envelope.

“Actually, one more thing sir if you excuse me. You’re an and a horrible father. Good day to you sir.” Minju softly closed the door behind him.