Chapter 7

Prince and the Beast

 

Early in the morning the next day, Kikwang came to wake you up. You groggily got up from your bed as you walked to the front door to open him the door.

“What is it?” You asked as soon as you opened the door.

“Nothing, I just want to make you breakfast.” Kikwang said as he went straight into your kitchen.

You rubbed your eyes as you followed him, “What are you making? Actually, can you cook anything else other than ramen?”

“Doesn’t that count?” Kikwang asked.

“Let me get ready then I’ll help you.” You said as you went to the bathroom, “Don’t touch anything!”

You slightly smiled as you washed your face. You were happy that Kikwang was trying to cheer you up due to your sudden outburst last night. Every time you were upset, Kikwang would try to make you something to eat, which would usually be ramen.

“Done?” Kikwang got up from the chair from the dining table as you came back ready for school.

“Why don’t we try something new today?” You asked as you rolled up your sleeves.

“Like what?” Kikwang handed you an apron.

You pursed your lips together, “How about an omelet? There really easy to make.”

“Okay, so we need eggs.” Kikwang opened your fridge as you washed your hands, “How many do you need?”

“Four should be fine.” You dried your hands with a paper towel.

Kikwang washed his hands before grabbing a bowl for you, “It’s just cracking the egg right?”

“Yep, and adding in salt and sugar if you like it sweet.” You took out the salt and sugar.

“Easy! I got this. Just put what you like.” Kikwang grabbed one of the eggs.

“Tap it to the counter so that it slightly crack and then crack it into the bowl.” You leaned over Kikwang’s shoulder to watch.

Kikwang chuckled when he saw how much you were struggling to stay on your tippy toes just to watch.

“Don’t make fun of my height.” You looked up at Kikwang.

“I-I’m not.” Kikwang blushed as he looked away.

“Hurry up and break it already.” You pulled on his shirt.

“Okay.” Kikwang tapped the egg on the counter, “Like this?”

“Yep, now break it in half into the bowl.” You showed how to do it with your hands.

“Alright~” Kikwang slowly broke the egg into the bowls without any eggshells, “I did it!”

You laughed at how happy he was, “Easy, wasn’t it.”

“Hm.” Kikwang bit his lips.

“What?” You reached up to touch his ears, “You’re ears is red.”

“Nothing!” Kikwang jerked backward.

You squinted your eyes at him, “You’ve been acting weird.”

“It’s nothing, I’m just…going through some guy stuff.” Kikwang mentally hit himself.

You backed away from him, “Oh, well if you can tell me if you want but if you’re uncomfortable then you don’t have to.”

“I’ll tell you when the time comes.” Kikwang apologetically looked at you.

“It’s fine.” You smiled as you pushed his shoulder, “Hurry up, I’m getting hungry.”

After you two finished breakfast and cleaning up, the both of you head toward school together.

“I’m sorry it was too salty and overcook.” Kikwang looked down to his feet.

“It’s fine, you just need a little bit more practice. Since tomorrow is the weekend, why don’t you come over and practice some more?” You reached over to wipe some dust off of Kikwang’s blazer.

“Are you sure?” Kikwang asked, surprised.

“You don’t want to?” You looked over to him.

Kikwang frantically shook his head, “No! I would love to come….I mean to come practice, you know.”

“Okay.” You giggled.

When the two of you reached school, you both went your separated ways since Kikwang ran over to Doojoon and Yoseob when they were making some weird faces and saying something you didn’t hear.

While walking to class, a few girls surrounded you. You were a bit taken back since it has been a while since someone did that.

“What?” You glowered your eyes at them.

One of the girls pushed you into the bathroom where there was two other girls waiting in there for you.

“Hey!” You pushed her off.

“So the beast is being tamed by the prince?” The girl who pushed you, scoffed as she crossed her arms.

“Wow, I didn’t know plastic dolls could talk.” You rolled your eyes in irritation.

The two girls behind you roughly pushed to the ground, “Don’t talk back.

“I didn’t know there was a rule to be bully.” You rubbed your arm that was hurt when you fell.

“Why don’t we teach some discipline to the beast to tell it not to talk back and to stay away from our prince.” Another girl reached into her backpack and pulled out something.

Before you knew it, you were being pulled by the hair and kicked around. You struggled to break free but there was too many of them.

“Ugh!” You groaned as someone kicked you by the stomach making you lay down onto the floor.

The last thing you saw was a pair of scissors before you passed out from the pain throughout your body. ‘Kikwang, where are you?’