New Student

Mute

 

 

It's been weeks of school and nothing's change. I still have high grades, Jiae's still late, everyone in class is living their own business and Lee Sungjong still gets out of class.  Except for the fact that Kim Myungsoo is not bothering me. Today's that normal day that I seem to enjoy. 

 

"Okay, class. We have a new student." said our homeroom teacher. "Would you mind introducing yourself?"

 

"Ne," she said. "Annyeonghaseyo, Kang Hyeomin - ibnida!" She looks okay with me, but I'm not sure with the others. She has blue hair, she's super tall, and she's super skinny. Seems like a freak, but to me, nope. 

 

I looked at everyone's expression to make sure she's welcome. And it seems like their expression reads like what I said, freak. Except for Sungjong, he seems shocked by her presence. His face seemed funny, so it would've been great if I had a camera with me.

 

"Okay, Hyeomin-ssi. You may sit next to Lee Sungjong there at the back." said our teacher.

 

"Yes, sir." she replied.

 

"Oh, and would you please change your hair color. It looks dashing yet it can be a violation to the school rules."

 

"Of course, sir."

 

"All right. Everyone get prepared for your first class and don't make a mess."

 

"Ne." Everyone answered.

 

Everyone prepared except for one, the new student, Hyeomin. 

 

"Hyeomin-ssi, I think you should prepare for the upcoming class." , reminded our classmate, Kyungsoo.

 

Hyeomin scoffed. "So, what? It's not like the teacher would care." , she said as she put her feet on top of the table. "Ain't that right, Sungjong?"

 

Wait, what? Those two know each other? She knows him? ... How?

 

Sungjong didn't answer. He just stayed quiet and looked at the opposite direction from her face. Hyeomin rolled her eyes in his actions.

 

"Anyways," , Hyeomin said. "The teacher wouldn't mind, right? I mean, I'm a new student, so they would understand."

 

Jiae scoffed. "Who does she think she is?" , she whispered to me. Honestly, I think the same. You would look cool if you act like this but she's taking it too much.

 

"Probably, one of those-" I was cut off by someone calling me.

 

"You!" It was Hyeomin. "Mind if you tour me around school later?", she asked."

 

"Sure." , I answered. 

 

"Thanks."

 

"What are you doing? You want to help someone like that?" Jiae told me still whispering.

 

"Yes, I do. It's better to know someone first before you actually say something they're not." , I replied.

 

"Fine, whatever." , she said rolling her eyes.

 

Sigh. Kang Hyeomin, you better be someone else people don't know about.