I'm Sorry (1)

Mute

 

 

At the end of the day, I asked Hyeomin if she knows where this Gangrok guyis. She seemed to hesitate before telling me. I know this isn't a good idea but I need to fix the problem soon. 

 

The following day, I went straight to Gangrok after school.

"Mr. Hwang, there's somebody here to see you.", his secretary knocked and said by his door.

"Yes, yes. Let them in.", he answered back.

"Pardon his room. It's a bit..", the secretary said, making a face.

"Ah, yes.", I nodded. "Pardon my intrusion.", I said before entering the room.

 

The room was indeed a bit messy but not really. Books properly placed on the shelf by height. Everything placed in his desk organized properly. The windows brought in sunlight so the room's bright. His bed's unmade and it reeks of alcohol in the room. And you can see bottles of beer on a table and some clothes on the floor. But that's the only thng messy. He came out his bathroom without a shirt and his pants ed. A girl came out after him in a loose blouse, picking up the clothes on the floor and kissing him before going out. So I'm assuming they did it.

 

"So what do you want?", he asked me. He seemed irritated by my presence. Excuse me, you ordered thugs to kidnap me.

"I'm here to ask what do you plan to do.", I said, trying to act calm. 

"What do you mean?", he asked. Is he really playing dumb?

"Um, didn't you just, you know,", I said."Tell your guys to kidnap me."

"Ah, that.", he said, remembering.

"I did that for fun.", he answered. For fun? He's kidding right?

"Excuse me?", I asked.

"I just wanted to see Sungjong's reaction to that. I was glad at the outcome." It was all for a childish wish?!

"Don't you think that's a bit too much for him?"

"It's not like I killed you or something."

"Still! I can't believe you."

"Look, it's his fault. That kid's been beating me up, practically, since the day we first met. I'd like to mess around a bit sometimes. And, you're keeping me from my freedom."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh, please. You're the one who started all of this."  

"I'm sorry, but, you don't know exactly what happened."

"But, I do. You taunted Hyeomin because she's related to your victim, her brother."

He put his hand to his face. "Ah, Jesus. That guy was a ."

I glared at him. "How dare you speak of him like that?"

"You don't even know him anyway!"

"You still shouldn't say that!"

"You have no reason to be here!"

 

Then, I remembered why exactly I decided to go here. Before he could kick me out, I spoke.

"Please. Stop hurting Sungjong.", I said. I bowed my head. "Please."

"Mwo?", he asked.

"I'm asking you to stop seeing Sungjong. He doesn't need you in his life."

"Damn, you. Who are you to tell me what to do?!", he said, angrily.

"Think of this as a favor."

"A favor? Yah, how do you--"

"I'll give you money in return."

He scoffed. "Money? It's not like you have much anyway."

"Is that so? Then, I'll..." I didn't want to say it but... "...give my body."

He looked at me making a face. "Your body?" I looked away from him. He heaved a sigh.

"Look, kid.", he said. "Giving your body to me, even once, is a bad idea. You're just in high school. You could ruin your future."

He actually said something that an adult would say. "I don't want to be the reason for that. People might call you a if you retreat to this idea.", he continued."If you're willing to do that, I'm telling you, you're weak. You seem strong but not as strong as I thought you were."

 

His words actually struck me. I didn't want to ruin my future. He was right, I shouldn't retreat to this idea.

"If that's all you're gonna say, you can go out now, And please mind your own business.", he said, shooing me out of his room.

"Wait, I'm already involved in this.", I said. "I can't just leave without solving the problem first."

"It's not your problem, it's our problem. You may be involved, but leave it to the main characters."

"I just want Sungjong to be happy, so please stop bothering him."

"Fine, fine. Just get him here and I'll fix it."

"Please do."

 

"Yaejin-ah!", someone shouted. His assistant came running to the room.

"Mr. Hwang, someone barged into the floor.", she said.

Then came Sungjong pushing her out of the way. "You er!" He rushed towards Gangrok and punched his face.

"This bastard kid...", Gangrok said before throwing a punch to Sungjong. They started to brawl.

 

I had to pull Sungjong away to stop it. "Sungjong-ah! Stop it!", I kept telling him. But he was enraged.

"This is what I'm telling you. It's this 's fault.", Gangrok said, touching where he's been hit.

"What did you do to her?!", Sungjong shouted at him.

"I did nothing!", he shouted back. But Sungjong just couldn't believe him.

"Lies! If you ever meet her again, I'll kill you!", Sungjong shouted.

"Agh, seriously... she's the one who came to me!", Gangrok shouted, pointing at me..

 Sungjong's eyes looked confused. "Mwo?", he asked.

"It's true.", I said. "So, please, stop fighting."

"Ah, jjinja... I've had enough.", Gangrok said. "Ms. Choi, get them in here.", he said to the assistant.

"Yes, sir.", she replied. Then came the group of guys we'd encounter the other day. The ones who kidnapped me.

"We meet again, young lady.", one of them said as they saw me.

"Get him.", Gangrok ordered. "Do whatever you want with him!", he shouted at them.

 

They grabbed Sungjong away from me and started beating him up. Sungjong tried to fight but his hands were held on tightly by some of them.

"Gangrok-ssi!", I cried. "You said you'll fix it!" Gangrok ignored me. He simply wanted to see Sungjong in pain.

"STOP!", I shouted. "STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!"

 

Sungjong was helpless. He couldn't get away from them. His face was bruised already. They beated him in every part of his body. One was about to swing a bat at his head so I quickly moved and squeezed myself to the group and held on to Sungjong from the back, letting the bat hit me instead.

 

 


Updated after a

VERY LOOOOOOOOOOONG while.

Hope you enjoyed...