Rescued

Mute

 

~~Bell rings~~

 

"Yaejin!", I heard someone shout.

 

"What is it, Jiae?", I asked.

 

"Let's go to the mall and go shopping!"

 

"Can't. I have a job."

 

As much as I want to skip the job, I couldn't do it. It hurts to see your brother at the hospital lying there lifelessly. And, "Hospital Bills". I gave a sigh to the problem.

 

"What?", her eyes widened. "When did this start?"

 

"I'm starting just today."

 

"Oh. Don't worry. They probably won't pressure you 'cause it's your first day. Fighting!", Jiae said. It's nice of a friend to encourage you.

 

"Thanks, Jiae.", I smiled at her. "Don't want to be late, so, bye."

 

"Okay, bye." Then we went in separate ways.

 

~~

 

"That would be 16,000 won sir.", I told the man buying.

 

"Here you go, young lady."

 

"Yaejin-ssi!", the boss called.

 

"Ne?"

 

"Your shift's done. You can go now."

 

"Okay, sir."

 

Finally, time to go home. I got my bag and left the store.

 

~~

 

"Ah, I'm so hungry. ", I said to myself. "I should've snatched some gimbap from the store." I pouted.

 

I still have to fo visit Sandeul at the hospital. Oppa, mianhaeyo. You can wait, right? I promis I'll visit you tomorrow. Alright? Okay.

 

"♫What time is it? It's 10pm. I'm going home. Home is still far. Taxi? No. Too lazy to call one. Or even go by bus. So, I'm just walking home.♫" ,I sang while walking. Ugh, I really wish to have somee food with me here.

 

~~

 

Later on, I see a couple of drunk guys on the streets looking at me. I was kind of scared, so I walked the other direction. Unfortunately, they started following me. So, I walked even faster and then ran away from them but they still have sight of me. But then, I tripped, so that slowed me down. Then, lucky me, they caught me.

 

"What's a little girly like you doing on the streets alone at night?", one of them asked.

 

"I'm just going home.", I answered. I tried to look brave in front of them but my will wouldn't let me.

 

"Would you like to take a minute somewhere?", another asked.

 

"Um, I better get going now.", I tried to run away but someone caught me by the hand. .

 

"Woah, that was a fine offering my friend asked here."

 

I couldn't take it anymore. "Fine offering? Fine offering, my ."

 

"Ooh, feisty. You sure you don't want to take it?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Maybe she wants it with someone else? Ain't that right, honey?" A he said "honey", he leaned closer to my face. What is wrong with these people? I just wanted to go home. Is this karma for not going to Sandeul?

 

"Just leave me alone!", I shouted at them.

 

"I don't think so, my dear."

 

Just as he was about to lean closer to my face, someone came to the rescue. He punched the guy's face real hard that it bleed really fast.

 

"Yah! Who are you?", the drunkard asked.

 

"You don't need to know.", rescur said with a smirk. That smirk... where have I seen it before? I don't see his whole face because of the hoodie.

 

"Yah!" Drunk guy#2 tried punching rescuer but recuer brushed to the side and kicked him.

 

They fought and fought and I watched not knowing what, Well, I should escape. But, I seemed to be glued here. Soon, the fight was over with the rescuer winning.

 

"You!", the rescuer called me. "You alright?"

 

"Y-yeah."

 

"Good. You should know what to do when guys like these are here."

 

"Sorry. I'm not good in fighting like you."

 

"Hm. Yeah, bye."

 

"Thanks."

 

"You're welcome."

 

He left and so on I left, too, before those drunk guys see me again. That seemed so familiar. I think I've really seen it before. But, where?

 

I arrived home with the thought of that smirk in my head. The reascuer might be someone I know. Whoever he is, he's near.

 

 


Updated!

I know you know who it is.

Thanks for reading! :))