Take To Heart

Mute

 

 

The days moved fast. The fight between me and Hyeomin  continued. The rumors about me and Myungsoo ceased. My part time job also put to an end. The world revolved. And here we are back to our normal daily lives. Or so we thought....

 

"Yaejin-ah,", Jiae called. "Go on without me."

"Why? I can wait.", I said.

"I have somehing else to do. It might take long.", she answered.

"Oh, okay then. I'll be going."

 

On my way home, I bumped into Hyeomin. We stared at each other for a while then went back to our ways. I decided to stop by an ice cream shop and ate ice cream quietly. When I went out and cotinued my way home, I had a feeling someone was following me. I looked back and there were three suspicious guys. I changed routes and the three of them splitted up. I was already at the alley near the corner to my house when one of them showed up in front of me. I turned back and saw the other. Next thing I knew, they surrounded me.

 

"It's her, right?", one of them asked. "The one we should take."

"Yeah.", answered the other. "The boss sent us a photo earlier remember."

 

Boss? What's this all about?

 

One of them faced me.

"Uh, young lady.", he said. "We just need to take some of your time somewhere. If you don't mind, please come with us."

"Excuse me,", I said. "I do mind. So please, leave me alone."

"Oi, what were the orders if she refused?", one asked the others.

"Refused? We'll have to take her by force.", answered one.

 

Are they stupid or...? I can completely hear them.

 

I tried to sneak my way out of it. But they just blocked me.

"I'm sorry, miss. but everything will be all right if you come with us.",one said and grabbed. my arm. I panicked so I did what Sungjong taught me. As he grabbed my arm, I grabbed his and pulled him. Then I got at the back of him and pushed him to the ground. I  ran away. So much for being close to home sweet home. They chased after  me. I ran to the nearest station and got on the train. I transferred to different trains. I don't know where I was supposed to stop and somehow I ended up at Cheonggu Station. I just got off not knowing what to do. So I called Jiae.

 

Jiae, Jiae, please pick up. I am in need of you right now.

 

"The number you have dialed is....."

 

S***.Okay, let's call Sandeul-oppa. Nothing. Sungyeol-oppa. Nothing. I called Myungsoo and even Hyeomin. No one's answering. What do I do now?

 

I looked at my phone and saw that it was already eight. I went back to a train and headed back home. On the last train going back, I saw one of the guys inside. I turned away and tried not to look suspicious. Another one of them came at the next stop, so I walked out with my head down. I decided to just walk home from here though it still takes around a thirty minute walk. 

 

Ugh, what is happening here? I was just walking home then these guys came in. Aish, jjinja.

 

I looked up and walked straight. One of these guys on the streets had a mask and held up a hand. I wondered what the hand was for, though. And before I knew it, I fell asleep.

 

I woke up to the sounds of groaning. I came to my senses a little later. I looked around and found that I'm on a chair with my arms tied to the back and saw people fighting. 

"You little..."

"Come here, you piece of s***!"

Everyone kept cursing. How does it feel to be in a movie scene but it's real? Strange and out of place. I felt awkward 'cause I'm not used to these stuff. Everyone's fighting and I'm here, sitting, and not knowing what to do. I feel so useless. My legs were free, so I moved with the chair and quietly went near the door. The effort of dragging it quietly was really hard. As I was about to get out and enjoy my freedom, one of the chairs legs got stuck on the door frame and I lost balance and fell down. People noticed my failure and put me back to where I started, and guarded me.

"Yah! Untie me now!", I shouted at them. They just ignored me.

"My mom's gonna worry at me!", I shouted again.

"Well, mommy's just gonna have to wait for a while.", they answered this time.

"Why do I even have to be here?", I asked. "Why can't I just go home?" I got out early today and this happens?!

"Just wait for your prince to save you and both of you can get out.", he said. Prince?

 

I looked at their battlefield and, of course, Sungjong's there. Oh, so he's my prince. Well, this is the second time now. I didn't even notice him a while ago since I was too busy trying to set my freedom. Sungjong finished most of them already. Sweat washed his face. His nose bleeding and some bruises on his face. He really is a rescuer. Soon after, the guys guarding me were left.

"This can't be.", the guy on my left said. "How can he beat that many?"

"The boss was right. This kid's a machine.", the guy on the right said. There's that boss again. Who the hell is this boss?

 

Sungjong then came at them. But they had a bat and a plank. Which is unfair since he doesn't have a weapon. So I stood up and hit them with the chair I had. Should've done that earlier... . Then, Sungjong beat them up to the pulp. Which was too much.

"Sungjong-ah!", I shouted at him. "You can stop!"

"No.", he said."It's their fault your in this mess."

"It is their fault.", I said. "But, this is too much." He didn't stop.

"YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WORRIED ABOUT YOU?", he shouted at me, he then stopped. "I'm the reason they brought you here.", he said, quietly.

"You aren't.", I told him.

"No, I am.", he said, looking down. 

"Your brother brought me to your house and realized it was late, you weren't there yet.", he said. "I asked Myungsoo-ssi, Jiae-ssi, and Hyeomin if they were with you, they said no. Hyeomin then told me Gangrok called her and asked about you."

"Jamkkanman, who is Gangrok?", I interrupted.

"He's the guy we were fighting before.", he answered. Oh, so his name is Gangrok.

"I went to Gangrok.", he continued. "But he kept quiet and just weared that ridiculous smile of his. Later, he got a call and I listened. He later told me where you were so I rushed here."

"Then, all this happened.", I said.

"Yeah." I then wiped all his sweat with my hankerchief. He looked at me and said, "Thank God, you're safe."

I blushed. "But, why did they do all this? Why am I here? What do they want from me?", I asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know." He grabbed my hand. "Let's get out of here."

 

He led us out and brought me home. Mom was sick, worrying about me. But Sungyeol was dying. He looked at Sungjong and glared daggers at him. I went inside and took a shower. At the shower, I was thinking of all the things that were possibly the cause why I got abducted. What was it that Sungjong took it to heart to say he was the reason. Why he looked so sad when he said that. Something's coming up. But I hope it's not that big. I just hope.

 

 


Updated!!

Took two weeks, I think, or more....

Please suggest what you want to come out of this story. And also feeedbacks..

Hope you enjoyed!!