Exam Results

Mute

 

"Eh. At least, I tried.", Jiae said upon getting her test results.

 

"But, you should've done better.", I told her. Not being a brag, but...

 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just because you get high scores doesn't mean the smartest is you."

 

"Let's see about that."

 

We checked out the list for the top-notchers. We looked for my name. It was on the second spot.

 

"Yes! Finally! Someone beats you!", Jiae rejoiced by her own.

 

"This is not something to be happy about!"

 

"You're still not contented at your second spot?"

 

"I achieve to be on top." Some people just want to be at the peak, right?

 

"O--kay. Let's see who's on top."

 

We saw the name and we couldn't believe it.

 

"Lee Sungjong!", we both exclaimed in shock.

 

"I think he keeps his knowledge in silence. Great strategy.", Jiae said.

 

"Yeah.", I still feel down about this. Probably a new feeling since this is the first time this happened to me. I know, I'm exaggerating.

 

"Yaejin-ssi! Jiae-ssi!", someone calls.

 

"Annyeong, Hyeomin!", I greeted her.

 

"Congratulations, being one of the top!"

 

"Thanks!"

 

Jiae scoffed. "There's no need of congratulating her. You'll get used to her being on top that you won't congratulate her anymore."

 

"You're just jealous.", I stuck my tongue out at her.

 

"There's nothing to be jealous of,", Hyeomin said. "We probaly have the same scores."

 

"Oh, really? Great. She's going to be lonely, then.", Jiae said, with a mocked face. "Let's go now before we lose some chicken for lunch." She ran off with Hyeomin, leaving me alone.

 

"Yah!", I shouted. "Wait for me!"

 

I ran, catching up with them, but bumped into someone.

 

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't looking. I'm sorry.", I apologized to that person. It was Lee Sungjong. Again?

 

"Oh, Lee Sungjong, congratulations for being on top.", I said.

 

He just bowed and walked away. He really is strange. 

 

I went back to catch Jiae and Hyeomin at the cafeteria.