Hyeomin and Sungjong's Relationship

Mute

 

 

I was happily humming to a song in my head to the classroom when someone grabbed me by my shoulders.

 

"Ah!", I shrieked. "Myungsoo! Get away from m---"

"I'm not Myungsoo.", said a voice. It was Hyeomin's.

"Hyeomin?", I asked. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Nothing's wrong.", she answered.

"Then, why---"

"Let's go somewhere else.", she said, leading me to the school field.

 

"Yah, we have Math class. Should we be here?", I said as we arrived.

"I just have to tell you something.", she said.

"What is it?"

"It's about Sungjong-ssi." Sungjong? What about him?

"What about him?"

"It's also about me." Eh?! Could it be?? Are they....?

"No, we're not dating.", she said as if she read my mind. Relief washed over me.

"So....?"

"Sungjong and I...", she started. "We've been friends for a while now. He feels like a brother to me, you know?" I just nodded.

"But,", she continued. "I don't want him as a brother."

"Huh?"

"I mean,", she started blushing. "I like him."

"You like him?", I questioned. There's this feeling in my chest that I can't explain.

"Yeah.", she said, quietly.

 

We stayed quiet for a while.

"But,", I spoke. "What's with all the fighting and stuff you've been doing?" I never really got that.

"Oh, that.", she replied. "You see... we're in this.. uh.. How do you call it?"

"Fight club?", I suggested.

"Something like that. Well, not really. When we were younger, we used to be in the same taekwondo classes. That's how we became friends.", she said. "I was being bullied in school, even out of school. Sungjong would always beat them up for me. Later, I joined him.                                                                            

"But then, one day, we ran up to these guys, remember that guy you kicked on his, you know what?", she asked.

"Oh, that guy.", I said, remembering.

"Yeah, him. Well, we bumped into group in middle school. He was in high school, back then. He started picking on me since I was the sister of their classmate.", she continued. "I got really annoyed so I started cursing at him.

"He just laughed at me and said, "Middle schoolers shouldn't wear.". So he threw the juice he had in hand at me. That's when Sungjong came to punch that guy's face. He got even madder. So they started using their fists, too. But, Sungjong, well, he took care of them real well."

"I can see that."

"Yeah. So they started pestering us non-stop after that. Even calling for back-up since that guy's filthy rich. That's why we have lots of enemies out there."

"No wonder that guy's so cocky.", I said. She nodded in agreement.

"Do you have any idea why Sungjong's quiet, though?", I asked.

"Not really. He hasn't been this quiet. He used to have lots of friends. Some are even here. Guess the friendship just faded.", she answered. "But, he's quiet most of the time. This quiet him is too much for me."

 

"Last question, why did you ask me to come here?", I questioned.

"I have a feeling you like him, too.", she answered.

"Is that the only reason?", I asked, blushing. She found me out.

"You lied. You said that was the last question. Not that it matters anyway."

"Mmm..yeah."

"But, I also did want to tell you something else."

"What is it?"

She smiled. "Don't ever talk to Sungjong like that again, okay?"

 

Huh?

 


Please bare with me while I update this slowly.

Mianhae!!