Boys

Mute

 

"I think he's okay.", I said. Me, Jiae, and Hyeomin were talking about particular boys in school and rating each one of them.

 

"But, he's Nam Woohyun!", Jiae exclaimed. "The almighty Nam Woohyun!"

 

"He doesn't really catch my attention.", Hyeomin said. "But, this guy, Kim Jongin, he really really does catch my attention!"

 

"Nam Woohyun is the best out of all guys in school.", Jiae declared.

 

"Ani. It has to be someone else.", Hyeomin disagreed.

 

"No. It's really him."

 

"Fine, for this school year.", Hyeomin gave in. "But, who will take the throne next year? I mean, he's a senior. Someone has to replace him."

 

Question of the Day: Who will take the throne of handsomeness next year?

 

Then, they started giving out names of boys and started detailing.

 

"Girls,", I spoke. "Let's just talk about something else before we start arguing on the inheritance of handsomeness."

 

"No!", they both said. Then, Jiae turned to look at me. "Which boy catches your attention?"

 

"Oh." Now that I think about it, well, not really now, there's two of them. "It has to be Kim Myungsoo and.."

 

"And?"

 

"Lee Sungjong?", I answered. She gasped.

 

"I knew it!", she said. "I knew you like that guy!"

 

I blushed. "It's not like that!", I denied. "I'm not interested in anyone!"

 

"I don't know. It seems like you are.",she said, smiling.

 

"How would you know I'm in love?"

 

"Believe me. I'm the expert."

 

I scoffed. "Yeah. The expert of getting rejected."

 

"Yah! We're not talking about rejection here."

 

"Whatever.", I said, then looked at Hyeomin." Hyeomin-ssi?"

 

"Oh? What?", she asked.

 

"You seem like you were in a daze.", Jiae said.

 

"Uh, it's nothing. I'm going now." Then, she left.

 

"Hey, I realized,",I said. "Hyeomin's mind tracks off at the mention of Sungjong."

 

"Oh, how wonderful!", Jiae smiled.

 

"How is this wonderful?", I asked.

 

"It's a love triangle!"

 

"God, Jiae. Stop it with all those ridiculous romance novels you're reading."

 

"It not ridiculous. It's amazing!"

 

~/bell rings/~

 

"Let's go back to class now.", I said, getting up.

 

"This shall be continued later!", she announced.

 

I went walking backwards to talk to her, facing her. "This will not be continued."

 

"Yes, it shall!"

 

"No, it will--"

 

"Watch for--"

 

Both of us getting cut off because of the wet floor I slipped on. Where is Sungjong when this accident happened? Wow. I feel so used to him that I don't remember I have to be cautious myself. 

 

"Ouch.", I said as my head hit the floor. 

 

"Omg, are you okay?", Jiae asked. Of course, not.

 

"Yeah.", I lied. "I'm fine."

 

She helped me get up.

 

"We're going to be late. Let's hurry.", she said. 

 

"Yeah. Go ahead. I'll be going to the girls' room.", I told her.

 

"Oh okay."

 

I went to the girls' room and took off the school jacket that became wet. Why is the floor wet? 

 

Um, Yaejin, it's either water was spilled or water was leaking from the ceiling. My mind said. Duh, I know that. 

 

How come I'm so clumsy? I hit myself. 

 

"Aggh," I hit the spot where I got really hurt. 

 

"This is all because of boys.", I talked to myelf in the mirror. God, I look crazy. "If only we didn't talk about you in the first place. If only I'd been cautious myself. If only Sungjong were there. If only he picked me up quickly. If only he was there so I could've landed on him like before. If only he..."

 

I'm talking about him. Just thinking about him, makes my heart thump. Why do I have to feel this way towards him? Why Lee Sungjong? Why?

 

Lee Sungjong... you...you're so...

 

 


 Sorry for not updating for a while.

Very very sorry.

I hope you enjoyed this .

Thanks for reading!

☺☺